Scarlet Security Services Ltd.

Scarlet Security Services Ltd. Employee Reviews

Ok job but little pay

They pay just above minimum wage and there is little opportunity for overtime hours. The management can be easy to get along with as long as you don't need to take any sick days.

Very low pay! Kitimat project is a disaster!

Stay on ei! The pay is a lot more rewarding. The hiring manager In kitimat isn’t fit for the position to be honest. I wish I never took the job with scarlet security. Main points being, management disorganization and pay being extremely low. So low, that it’s only 300 more than EI. Which doesn’t justify taking the job! Sad to be honest.

Pros

Free flights

Cons

Extremely low pay, incompetent management

Good company

No issues with this company, a lot of good co-workers and is awesome when you can find workers that actually work together. Management works with you and answers any questions you need answered.

Pros

If you need equipment for the job, they supply it

Cons

No cons, if you think long hours are bad ... Find a different job

Don’t expect to be respected for a job well done or to be trained in as a new person to security

This company uses you only as a body , basically you are hired if you can sleep or walk both would be preferred. they don’t care about experience or any training, honestly poor poor company from top to bottom. Guards are unhealthy and sleeping all the time! Shocking they have contracts in large projects they are a terrible example to Security Guard company’s! Scarlet should be ashamed for their poor training ( none) and for their poor management skills!

Pros

LNG camp lifestyle

Cons

Almost everything

Practically giving your life to this job

When I started, I was promised a raise within 3 months of employment. Been working 3+ years and still didn’t get any raise because they say you have to convince them and give them a reason for why you should be granted one even though their advertisements says you’re guaranteed a raise within 3 months of employment. They constantly ask you to stay at work if there isn’t anyone to cover night shift or shifts other employees no-show. Your life practically have to be dedicated to work in the building. Basically live in the building.

Pros

Overtime pay is the only benefit

Cons

Too many No-Shows

Company could do better

2020The company hires guards of little or no experience or interests in what they do.Management lets guards sleep during shifts.Company hires in experienced management with no skill sets to match what they are needed for. Management has no human resources experience and an unprofessional and biased approach to its staff. High turnover rate Management were trying to stop the guards from being unionized.Management have no experience in team relationships or have no idea about field level day to day tasks or qhat actually happens.Save yourself from this company.

Pros

2 weeks on 2 weeks off fky in fly out

Cons

Management management management

Excellent place to work

I really enjoy working with this company. I like how professional and easy it is to work for this company. The management at this company is very easy to get along with. Stress free and a very down to earth place to work. I Am very glad that i choice this company to work for.

Productive. Job site was always busy, helped the shifts go by fast

Would still be working for them if I didn't have to move away. The crew ended up feeling like a family, everyone is always so friendly and helpful. You weren't made to feel bad if you had an issue to bring up to a supervisor (personal or job related) I really liked the safety culture as well.

Pros

Remote locations save you money as meals and accommodations are included

Cons

12 hour shifts can be a bit long for some.

Unprofessional

From my experience as a S/O I have seen and heard many unprofessional misconducts.they like to pass the buck and play the blame game which causes a high turnover rate.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Supervisor and management are very do as I say not as I do and very unprofessional

Stay away from all the inside drama

Guards work 12.5 hours a day 14 days straight very unprofessional management very poor communication will not get a raise even if it says so in contract you hardly get any breaks do to make up for other people’s mistakes and not enough guards on site

Pros

Get to meet new people that’s it

Cons

Management won’t deal with problems professional blow problems off like they don’t exist

Jobs at Scarlet Security Services Ltd.

See more jobs

Great job to get security experience

I found this company a great place to work and to get security experience. The management team was very supportive when we had issues at the sites. At times it was stressful but with collaboration and good communication we were able to work together as a team.

Good learning experience.

I learned to work with what was available, seniority gets the good positions first. Learned to have patients and observe behaviour when doing patient watches. Had fun meeting different people and co workers. Enjoyed some training that was given on the job. 12hr days/ if not on schedule, then on call when needed. Good experience overall.

Run run away

Worked 1 rotation for them in Kitimat..run run away. Verbally abusive Manager ..there are 2 the female one runs new staff and current staff into the ground. They dont care about employees at all. Would be a great job if on site Managers were better. Extreme high turn over..4 of us hired and started same time..all quit..very porrmoral

Underpaid and high turn over

Worked for scarlet security for two rotations. Overall jobs is access control and basic security skills. No travel time paid. Seven people quit with four weeks. No chance of advancement or pay raise.

Security Company

Head office is in Yellowknife. Scarlet provides security members to various remote mine sites and work places throughout the north. Basic security duties.

Pros

Rotational work

Cons

No benefits

Scarlet

I enjoyed working for scarlet because working at the Stanton Hospital working with elderly people. Meeting people in different areas of the medical field.

Pros

meeting people

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scarlet Security Services Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3

2.2Job security/advancement

Compare Scarlet Security Services Ltd. with

• Scarlet Security Services Ltd.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?