Scarborough and Rouge Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
workplace culture
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
There is a lot of competition within colleagues. As well as most of the job is dictated by seniority. The only way to move up is by applying for new positions when you have worked for a long period of time at the hospital
great place to work
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 September 2018
great place to work. able to gain experince and skills. Supportive and team enviorment. Lost of opportunities and able to meet different people. feeling like we made a diiference.
Pros
hours
Cons
My best years at work so far
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 September 2018
A great place to work where I could explore my potential and I was fortunate to have a great Director who was a born leader and a great mentor and above all a great human being and he who could take the best out of me.

In my 13 years of work experience so far across different companies, this is one that I look forward to go to work at every morning.
Used to be good place to work
Intermediate Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 July 2018
Used to be good place to work, have had 2 merges with 2 hospitals, each merge has resulted in degradation of hospital management. Given the choice I would not work there any more. Have applications out to other places now and hope to finish at the hospital shortly.
Pros
Can think of any
Cons
Too many systems to look after, short staffed, most staff is new now and has no idea how to properly support end users, lack of dedication by some IT staff.
A Progressive Organization
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  3030 Lawrence Avenue, Scarborough ON20 July 2018
This organization thrives to provide patient-centred care to all patients and family members. It also promotes self and competent care by encouraging team leaders from different standpoint and various background to support the staff and each other.
Pros
Close to home
Poor communication from organization
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2018
Great group of nursing staff. However, severely lacks communication skills from the organizational side leaving new staff ill-informed and misguided as to the next steps in the hiring process.
Productive, hard-working and friendly environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
During my few weeks at the Scarborough Hospital as a co-op student, many of the employees were very kind and caring towards myself, their fellow co-workers, the patients as well as any visitors. The environment was filled with friendly and hard-working people whom I admire.