Scarborough Retirement Residence Employee Reviews

Horrible chef and terrible management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2019
So I worked here as a cook for a while, where do I begin. The chef is incompitant, the food served to the residents is great (you are expected to make fine fine or next to fine dine dishes within a span of 8 hours and there is no one to help you), dietary aides stand around, sulk while you are struggling to almost achieve the impossible, the chef doesn't help but comes and micromanages you and if he does help he messed stuff up. Stay away at all costs.
Inclusive friendly environment
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 August 2019
Enjoy being a part of a family where the possibilites for the residents are endless. We truely aspire to make dreams a reality and strive to make our residents happy and bring out their vitality!
Very Higrh Turnover. Staff Overworked
Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2019
SRR has a very high turnover rate and management treats employees poorly. There is no consideration for the workers, staff are highly stressed and are overworked doing the job of 2-3 people.

Shifts are limited and can be cancelled on you at anytime so its best to have another source of income. Staff are pleasant but there is alot of gossip and shoe stepping.

No pay raise. Job is more like a banquet hall, lots of heavy lifting all day . Would never recommend anyone to work at SRR.
Cons
Stressful, high turnover, Low Wage
Retirement home happy work place
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Scarborough22 January 2015
I work 4 to 8 most days and bring dinner to everyone and help with the clean up after dinner.
I love my job and the people i work with and for.
Nothing about the job is hard, I just like to make retirement people happy.
Pros
I love working with people
Cons
Long drive to work
Very good working environment
RPN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2014
Typical day here for is giving out medications, communicating with residents and coworkers. Management are very friendly and I felt welcome from the day I started to work here.
happy to be a part of this company.
Supply food
Food Service Worker (Placement) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough11 February 2014
I enjoy working with elderly people, supply food to residents and clean working area