Scanline VFX

Scanline VFX Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews
Lots of overtime, stable work environment, learnt lots, made friends, stayed late, missed my wife, grew a lot in the company, happy, sad, lots of overtime
Scanline is definitely a senior studio and therefore everyone was capable, treated with professionalism, and trusted to do their job well. This also contributed to an environment where overtime was was truly optional and almost never required.
The supervisors I worked with were absolutely first class! Not only were they very encouraging and supportive, but they were never stressed in any way. I observed and learned a lot from their approach and leadership styles.

The hardest part of the job is the unnecessarily, over-complicated, and unstable pipeline and lack of tools.

Overall, working at Scanline was very enjoyable. The projects were dream jobs and the people were amazing.
They’re still very boutique and are on the verge of being mainstream VFX with large work force but they just need to build on the structure and planning of projects throughout the pipeline to ensure they can continue to deliver work effectively and efficiently and not at the cost of OT or damage to the work quality.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Scanline VFX?