Scandinavian Building Services
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Scandinavian Building Services Employee Reviews

Canada49 reviews

Set up to Fail

I loved the actual work and was good at the tasks, however I realized within 6 months that I was set up to fail; I was not given even the most basic tools to complete the tasks, and when I asked for help I was told to manage my time better. I had to ask for feedback or evaluations and was either denied or given a hurried 15 minutes with multiple interruptions.Only the aggressive were respected and allowed to succeed.

Horrible

Pay wasn’t too bad if you actually got paid… they are very unorganized Almost no communication between boss and employees unless THEY need something, good luck getting answers out of them pay was always inconsistent and late.

Insights into Scandinavian Building Services

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

No nice place working here

Very overworked and stressed. No balance. Get more work for same pay. Pay to cleaners is joke. No help even when ask. Only care about contracts not people.

Don’t work for them

Garbage management unwilling to take accountability, insufficient supplies and little to no hands on training just vague emails with little understanding of the English language.

Pros

There are none

Cons

Inconsistent work load and lack of proper supplies

It was stressful

This company had alot of negative feedback towards employees treatment was disrespect full the only thing good was the salary when I worked for this company

Pros

Lack of respect and negative vibesslery

Cons

at the time I worked for them, 16 dollars an hour

Minimum supervision, however job is fairly straight forward and the pay is very good and always comes on time.

I do find the workers very friendly and easy to work with and get along with. And the pay is perfect and always on time and accurate.Communication can be confusing sometimes between company and contracted areas but easy to fix.

Pros

First uniform is free, Great coworkers.

Cons

No benefits

Its okay for a first job but I don't recommended it for someone with actual experience

Its a good entry level job but it never pays on time, it's either early and you get paid less than what you should've due to early pay or it's late and you're not paid for the time you work when it's not out

Pros

Lunchs whenever you want

Cons

Hours feel like forever and you don't get much thanks

Great People, Tasking Industry

I worked at SBS until recently and must say, they get a lot of flak for reasons that are the nature of the industry. Having come from outside myself, I frankly also needed a little adjusting at the beginning. But the entire team there is comprised of genuinely good-natured people who are primed for your success and provide the tools and guidance needed to achieve just that; from the executives down to administratives.My advice to anyone considering a role here (especially if from outside the industry) would be to pace yourself, take notes (as there are a lot of logistical entails), ask for help without hesitation and seize opportunities as they come; with the team's support, I was able to advance and provide considerable value within a 2-year span.

Pros

Company Culture. Flexibility. Personal Accommodation.

Cons

Industry Demands

Overworked and Bad Culture

-long hours-has a lot of turnover-pay is not fair for what you do and is low by industry standard-favoritism exists -no work life balance. 24/7 job-the culture is not upheld by executives -people are very overworked and spread thin

Confusing and stressful

It is a hard job with low supervision. They literally just tell you to clean without telling you what to do in detail and if you don’t do it well, they start complaining

Unorganized

Managment not helpful, unfair with employees as managment always take their Sub contractor side are mostly there family memeber. New employees are left on the outside and do not help in understanding everything.

Avoid!

Being a account manager for this company was the hardest and stressful job i have ever been in. The management doesn't care about any kind of work life balance. I have never worked for a company that doesnt care about how the employee feels. They get big contracts and dont give enough people to spread the work properly around. Everyone feels so stressed out. Asking for help is like getting your head bit off.

Cons

long hours, no proper training, pay is bad

Great Place Holder

This job is not an advancment kind of job, you wont ever make it very far. But as far as a temporary job for students, New workers and or New citizens it is a great job for security and a steady income all be it minimum wage.Do understand you are janitorial you will deal with gross stuff (literally) but an overall very slow paced and relaxed job.Also no stress of managers or bossing people you are completely independent working solo.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Small pay

Lack of Training and Support

The people are nice for the most part and they seem to have a decent culture but not everyone really likes it or cares about it. The amount of work that you have to do compared to salary is crazy. They expect you to be on call basically. They don't give good support. I have never felt so unsupported in a work environment. Training is lacking too. They don't give you any tools to help you either. Should give some help to the new people. This was the biggest part of why I left. They throw all these accounts at you and expect you to manage them. Way more than you should have for sure. But they don't help you in trying to figure out ways to manage it. Why cant you help the account manager learn how to better do the job? there are a lot of client things we have to do and i dont think anyone in the upper manager level cares about how much the account manager has to do. this was another big part.

Bad environment

you are worked so hard in this position. the work demands dont match the salary at all. management keeps putting more and more on you. they dont take any of your feedback and just expect you to do your job no questions asked. this is bad environment.

Friendly people, professional work environment

I thoroughly enjoy working at Scandinavian - the job responsibilities are relevant and practical. The people are wonderful! So friendly and well-mannered. The culture is positive, overall, and the always professional. I'm grateful to work for this company...family-owned and operated.

Official response from Scandinavian Building Services

18 August 2021
Thank you so much for your kind words. We’re delighted that you’re enjoying your time as a member of our “Scandi Family”!

Overworked and Bad Culture

Mediocre at Best

In my opinion, there are some great team members company-wide but in the corporate offices especially up at the executive level there is a demonstrated lack of good character and respect. They are very good at showing a close knit family-like atmosphere where they care about you (it's easy to get sucked into this) but sadly that's all surface and what you see is not what you get, you often have to watch your back. Never have I had the experience of being in the same space as so many egotistical, self-serving, morally bankrupt people.With that being said, there are some amazing people within the organization (unfortunately they don't get the credit they deserve) who show up consistently and do good things. The cleaners themselves out in the field are some of the hardest workers who are great at what they do. I believe this company has potential with a shift in upper-management attitude and company culture but I certainly do not miss being overworked, underpaid and unappreciated.

Working at Scandinavian building services is fun

Work at Scandinavian building services is an excellent opportunity for me because I learned how to work with other staff members .Also to get chance to know about the products and how you can youth the cleaning product.

Lacks morals and ethics

This company lacks morals and ethics. The often do not do what they preach. They are run out of Alberta so all other provinces are not treated any where near fair.

Good company to work for

Fast paced and support from Direct Manager, very stressful and demanding and deadlines are always in demand the company is well run from the top, but falls a part as responsibility filters down

Pros

Company car

Cons

Over zelles admin

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scandinavian Building Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement