Scandinavian Building Services

Scandinavian Building Services Employee Reviews

Work at Scandinavian building services is an excellent opportunity for me because I learned how to work with other staff members .Also to get chance to know about the products and how you can youth the cleaning product.
Cons
In my opinion, there are some great team members company-wide but in the corporate offices especially up at the executive level there is a demonstrated lack of good character and respect. They are very good at showing a close knit family-like atmosphere where they care about you (it's easy to get sucked into this) but sadly that's all surface and what you see is not what you get, you often have to watch your back. Never have I had the experience of being in the same space as so many egotistical, self-serving, morally bankrupt people.With that being said, there are some amazing people within the organization (unfortunately they don't get the credit they deserve) who show up consistently and do good things. The cleaners themselves out in the field are some of the hardest workers who are great at what they do. I believe this company has potential with a shift in upper-management attitude and company culture but I certainly do not miss being overworked, underpaid and unappreciated.
This company lacks morals and ethics. The often do not do what they preach. They are run out of Alberta so all other provinces are not treated any where near fair.
Fast paced and support from Direct Manager, very stressful and demanding and deadlines are always in demand the company is well run from the top, but falls a part as responsibility filters down
Pros
Company car
Cons
Over zelles admin
great working environment, and even though hard work is required of every AM, the senior management team is very responsive and helpful to ensure the accounts are properly taken care of.
The company gives you all the tools to make right your job, this is very important for this position, excellent process training, they have very good standards.
Fun place and good working environment, management are very supportive. Compensation is average. Training and safety procedures are given much importance.
Scandinavian is a great place to start if you are starting a cleaning career to build up experience. In long term goals of higher pay or positions though it is not the best.
Cons
No pay raise, vacation paid with regular pay instead of put aside.
This is a family-owned self-serving company. Zero integrity, zero management skills, completely self-serving. If it doesn't go their way you're fired or walked off the job. 0 company culture it's all about the family not about the employee
Pros
Cons
Very high turnover zero education level
Cleaning is fun in there . I had learned cleaning tidy . Washrooms and vacuum cleaning , I was responsible for that. Relaxing place to work. washrooms cleaning . seeing the place tidy , after i have cleaned.
I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the team I worked with. Hardest part is always the winter months. Wake up and grab breakfast and coffee then of to each job. Enjoyable meeting new people
The pros they have decent health benefits It’s difficult deciding where to even start with the cons Starting from the time I received a verbal offer to a written offer, they reduced the salary amount by 10%. This should have been a sign that this Isn’t the best career move. First week I didn’t even hear from my direct supervisor. The other account manager in the office was able to somewhat train me. We worked 13 hours daily starting from 6AM. Following up on the long hours HR refuses to provide set hours BE WARNED. You’re expected to be available at all times so you could work 60 hours a week all in the middle of the night if it’s required. If you do not answer an account even at 3AM , head office will lecture you the following morning. My phone would not stopping buzzing in the middle of the night. None of the accounts are happy with Scandinavian so it’s more being yelled at daily by managers rather than building relationships. Unfortunately Scandi does not budget enough for owner operators so you’ll see a lot of turnover with them on top of the issues with managers. You’re expected to drive to all locations and you’re given a fuel allowance that won’t cover all your travel. This travel also includes out of the city up to 4 hours away (sometimes daily). There is limited support from head office, most of the time when emailing the office you get a response saying they don’t handle such concern and keep getting sent on a wild goose chase. I’m aware this all sounds almost unreal but rest assured it is. Stay away from this role, there are a lot - more...
This is high racially biasd work place, group of people controling the B.C. brunch and pushing other people to quit or fired, these people has no mercy for the company assets or growth.
In this company I had some opportunities to work in some business rooms, meet people and learn from them. In the company many job offers were night and diversified hours. As I have 3 young children, so the times were not adequate.
Without a question one of the worst companies to work for. Horrible management at all levels. Low pay with 24/7 expectations. Poor upper management including hr. Poor compensation Typical day would be driving around to various sites to follow up with store management to ensure cleaning was up to the right standards. Unfortunately budgets made by upper management were unattainable and most new subcontractors start cutting corners and hiring illegal workers because legally they are not able to clean for below minimum wage. This is known by upper management but brushed under the rug. Management is not interested in knowing how to improve culture and employee business but instead throw unattainable deadlines with again low compensation. Culture is good for a certain time period but eventually this leaves. Hardest part of the job was staying motivated and to see people cleaning with very low pay and dealing with the daily complaints from cleaners or store managers.
Self serving corporate environment with senior manage steeped in old school style management structure. While it is family owned and operated company not particularly open to innovative methods of the new century. Middle management are supposed to shoulder the bulk of customers requests at the shortest notice. New ideas of janitorial operations are hardly welcome unless one is ready to sacrifice his or her personal integrity.
Pros
End of year customers appreciation get toegether with all customers.
Cons
Yes of course long hours. Few benefits for management cadre.
The cleaning job is challenging, you have to respond to customers complaints. Scandi is relatively okay if you are a worker is smart. Sometimes there is pressure from management if there any problem, although you are not responsible for the problem.
Pros
flexibility of work time
Working at Scandinavian Building Services was certainly an experience. The management was difficult, picky to the extreme, unavailable most of the time, and liked to micromanage. I wasn't able to do hardly anything with my position because I had to wait and wait and wait for approvals I never received. They also like to tell you their employees are family, but that's a bunch of bull. In my short time there, employees either quit or were fired almost every week. My replacement didn't even last three months. I do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Working for this company had taught me a lot about customer service and working to others expectations not just mine. The crew I worked with was amazing and we grew a lot over the time we were complete strangers then we grew into a family. The only thing I was not satisfied about was the hours. I would be lucky to get even one shift in a week. Besides that it was a great job.
Pros
Pick up and drop off at home
Cons
Rarely any hours and hours were unexpected
L ambiance de travail et bonne 2 pause de 15min et 1 heure de lunch
You need sanitation skills and detailing skills for this type of job. Very easy when you know what to do and what to look for while management also helps out when needed.