Scandinave Spa

Scandinave Spa Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
I was Maintenance Manager from October 2019 until August 2020 and had a great time getting to know everyone at the spa during this time. My main reason for moving on had nothing to do with the spa, just a different opportunity presented itself I didn't think I should pass up.

The Spa Director during this time was awesome and a pleasure to work with. Didn't micro-manage but made sure the job got done and provided support whenever needed. All the other managers were great too, nothing bad to say about the Spa and one should be so lucky to find themselves working there.

The company really practices what they preach, about health and wellness, which is amazing.
Pros
Work/life balance, team atmosphere
Cons
Moving towards more corporate culture
Meilleur endroit oû j'ai travaillé. La direction était toujours là pour nous aider à nous améliorer.
En tant que masso ne respecte pas le statut de travailleur autonome et nous sommes forcés de travailler toutes les semaines la fin de semaine .
Aussi nous sommes obligés de rester même s'il n'a pas de client.

En tant que massothérapeute je trouve que nos droits ne sont pas respectés.
I enjoy working there and the staff makes all the difference.
Only complaint right now is that they are in need of a manager over guest services. Things that were important have gone out the window without that guidance.
Pros
Staff, fair pay
Cons
Stat. Holidays (office staff are off and paid), should have option to have a lieu day and paid 1.5 times
Scandinave Spa is a great place to work. The job comes with a competitive pay, the owners are very present and engaged with staff, it has a great benefits plan and free access to the baths. The job is rewarding and there is trust, respect and the amount of supervision is just right among management. Very refreshing to work in an environment in the forest.
environnement de travail agréable qui encourage un travail d'équipe. Toujours du plaisir et non stressant
Pros
accès aux bains gratuit à Montréal et Tremblant et rabais sur les massages
Pas vraiment de respects envers les employés. Beaucoup de démissions.
lemploi est tres stimulant lequipe agreable et lambiance est bonne
There really is no room for advancement within this company, but there is job security as they are constantly busy throughout the year.
The pay and benefits are good compared to other companies and the job duties.

I found when I was hired there was a lot they didn't tell me about the job. I felt they weren't up front with how physically demanding the job is; constantly on your feet, running around clearing tables, washing dishes, carrying 40-60 lbs towel bags up the stairs, having to handle dirty towels, etc.
great place to work
Small company with good perks for staff

peaceful and tranquil work environment.

Has a good benefit package

Everyone is great to work with
veldig avhengig av sesong, har lært meg og kunne jobbe sammen med mange andere massagetherapist og lært meg og ha også vansklige kunder (Whistler er en turistby)
Pros
free lancer
Facilité de travail en équipe et à distance avec l'équipe marketing du Spa
Travail physique intense. Mauvaise ergonomie de travail. Réception du matériel ( buanderie et produits chimiques) difficile.
Pros
Accès aux bains gratuitement
Cons
salle des employés très petite, incomfortable.
My typical day would be starting at 8:30 am until 5:00 pm. Taking care of the opening of the Bistro which will include putting the AM food orders away correctly. When the front display is organised accordingly, the inventory done and all temperature recorded, I would have a look if any food, beverages and all other supplies, needed to run the bistro, has to be ordered for the upcoming days. During the day: making sure everyone gets a good service. If anyone has a dissatisfaction, I would make sure the guest would leave with a smile in my best abilities.

The best part of my job would be having the opportunity to have conversations with the guests and sometimes get there opinions on the spa and what I do, because it would get slower in the afternoon.

The most difficult part would of been not be able to receive TIP option on our PDQ machine. It takes some valorization out.

In all, the spa is a great teamwork environnement and very pleasant to work there. We loved pizza day payed for us.
Pros
Free access to the spa
Cons
No medical inssurance
I learned the day to day runnings of a successful spa and how to match standards when our capacity was rowing at a fast rate.
Lots of opportunities to liaise with customers, deal with complaints and be a task manager for work that needed to be completed.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scandinave Spa. Our community is ready to answer.