Scandinave Spa

Scandinave Spa Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews

great place to work

working at scandinave was great! lovely staff, friendly environment and keeps you busy. throughout the day you’re at many different stations doing different jobs, none of them too difficult. the work/life balance is great and you’ll love the coworkers. wish the discounts for food and items in the boutique were better and the uniforms could be updated but overall don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. all the supervisors are great and really supportive in many ways. i really really enjoyed my time there and definitely recommend!

Pros

free bath access, discounted massages, discounted purchases, great staff, flexible schedule

Cons

heavy lifting, carrying dirty linens, little communication with upper management

Loved this job!! If it paid better I’d still be there.

I worked at the Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain location as a guest service agent. Absolutely loved this job, it is a great work environment, organized, and friendly people. Your not standing in one spot all day, they have you rotate in different areas of the spa so that you have a change of scenery and tasks. That’s super important for me! Benefits are a plus , use of the baths are a major plus, and location. However, the pay is not great, that’s the only down side. Nonetheless it’s a great place to get experience and to grow.

Insights into Scandinave Spa

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Nice place for a part time student

I was working there while being a part time student and the salary was nice including the very nice benefits and free massage for your birthday. Overall a nice place.

Pros

Benefit’s for employees

Cons

Very early shifts

I did enjoy working here, great co-workers and very good perks, free spa passes and what you neeed in Whistler - staff housing available as well. You have good life-work balance.

Great place to work!!

I had the pleasure to work for the Scandinavian Spa as a Guest Service Supervisor and I can proudly say I had the best team to work along with. I chose to work for the spa as it is run by strong, independent females and I was absolutely proud to be part of it. I always had the support from the management team in all aspects of my job. The company has really good perks for its employees and I must say not all employers in Whistler look after there staff. I had the best journey in my 9 months of employment as I learnt and developed a lots of skills thru this job.

Pros

Great perks and lots and lots of benefits

Cons

Limited staff housing

Shameful Management

Job is extremely repetitive, staff morale is low, and zero support from management. Could use more empathy. Management spoke poorly about employees and freely provide feedback to employees until they would leave. The turnover rate was so high, it was hard as a team lead to watch staff leave and have to dedicate time training new staff on a difficult system only to have them leave a few weeks later after being criticized harshly by upper managers and supervisors.

Management cares about their staff. Good benefits, and perks. Good work life balance. Relaxing work environment, smell the fire and hear the birds chirp as you're walking in to work.

Good place to work with great collegues

Great place to work, everyone is very welcoming and the spirit is good. Most positions don't involve a lot of stress. Many different tasks to keep you occupied during your shift, but if you are not proactive you'll find it can become somewhat dull.

Pros

Benefits and Spa access

Horrible culture and no room for growth

I worked here for over a year in Whistler, every day coworkers would complain which contributed to a really negative culture. The lack of trust between employees and management was evident and very little recognition was given to hardworking employees. The turnover rate for all departments is very short, which again drives home the point that employees are not valued or treated with respect. There is a power-hungry management chain and HR is a no go.The only redeeming factors Scandinave Whistler has to offer are their benefits (but they trap you for the season with these and if you leave mid contract you have to pay them out).Many surrounding employees left due to mistreatment and unfair expectations. I left as soon as my housing was not controlled by the spa and it was the best decision for my mental health I made while living in Whistler.

Cons

No freedom or trust

Great people to work with and great perks too!

I was Maintenance Manager from October 2019 until August 2020 and had a great time getting to know everyone at the spa during this time. My main reason for moving on had nothing to do with the spa, just a different opportunity presented itself I didn't think I should pass up. The Spa Director during this time was awesome and a pleasure to work with. Didn't micro-manage but made sure the job got done and provided support whenever needed. All the other managers were great too, nothing bad to say about the Spa and one should be so lucky to find themselves working there. The company really practices what they preach, about health and wellness, which is amazing.

Pros

Work/life balance, team atmosphere

Cons

Moving towards more corporate culture

Environnement de travail exceptionel

Meilleur endroit oû j'ai travaillé. La direction était toujours là pour nous aider à nous améliorer.

O

En tant que masso ne respecte pas le statut de travailleur autonome et nous sommes forcés de travailler toutes les semaines la fin de semaine . Aussi nous sommes obligés de rester même s'il n'a pas de client. En tant que massothérapeute je trouve que nos droits ne sont pas respectés.

Great crew to work with

I enjoy working there and the staff makes all the difference. Only complaint right now is that they are in need of a manager over guest services. Things that were important have gone out the window without that guidance.

Pros

Staff, fair pay

Cons

Stat. Holidays (office staff are off and paid), should have option to have a lieu day and paid 1.5 times

Great Place to Work

Scandinave Spa is a great place to work. The job comes with a competitive pay, the owners are very present and engaged with staff, it has a great benefits plan and free access to the baths. The job is rewarding and there is trust, respect and the amount of supervision is just right among management. Very refreshing to work in an environment in the forest.

environnement de travail stimulant

environnement de travail agréable qui encourage un travail d'équipe. Toujours du plaisir et non stressant

Pros

accès aux bains gratuit à Montréal et Tremblant et rabais sur les massages

Environnement de travail non agréable

Pas vraiment de respects envers les employés. Beaucoup de démissions.

agreable

lemploi est tres stimulant lequipe agreable et lambiance est bonne

Stepping Stone

There really is no room for advancement within this company, but there is job security as they are constantly busy throughout the year. The pay and benefits are good compared to other companies and the job duties. I found when I was hired there was a lot they didn't tell me about the job. I felt they weren't up front with how physically demanding the job is; constantly on your feet, running around clearing tables, washing dishes, carrying 40-60 lbs towel bags up the stairs, having to handle dirty towels, etc.

en bra arbeidsplass i BC

veldig avhengig av sesong, har lært meg og kunne jobbe sammen med mange andere massagetherapist og lært meg og ha også vansklige kunder (Whistler er en turistby)

Pros

free lancer

Travail en équipe

Facilité de travail en équipe et à distance avec l'équipe marketing du Spa

Horaires de travail instables.

Travail physique intense. Mauvaise ergonomie de travail. Réception du matériel ( buanderie et produits chimiques) difficile.

Pros

Accès aux bains gratuitement

Cons

salle des employés très petite, incomfortable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scandinave Spa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement