Scamp Transport

Scamp Transport Employee Reviews

Pays to industry standard. I feel the industry standard is to low for the amount of commitment required to be a truck driver. At the time the trucks were new Kenworths with 550hp. Great tractors for the job.

Pros

New equipment that is well maintained

Cons

Dispatch no good, lied to repeatedly.

Lied to in interview about job description, and pay scale. Was told there was a night bonus, there is not. Safety bonus is tied into their "hourly rate" Load rate is based on ideal road conditions and taking the most direct route. This company has so many policies I would compare it to a prison.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Long hours and okay pay.

Family run

A great family owned company where the owners are active and really great at hiring managment. My first career where they actually respect there employees and do a great job of showing it with incentives

Pros

Great pay

Great Company Culture

Scamp is a great company to work for. They work with you to help you become a better professional driver. They realize and communicate that my success is their success, which in turn is our customers’ success which keeps everyone happy and motivated. Even when I have made mistakes here, they are always supportive and are on your side to help you improve.

Pros

Great equipment.

Safe company and awesome schedule!

Scamp is the first company I have worked for where I feel supported and genuinely appreciated at. I love coming to work as everyone is amazing to work with and even though we are constantly growing, it still has a family owned and operated vibe. From the available extra shifts, to the consistent work year round, Scamp provides you with the newest equipment and a best in class 15 day training program for all drivers joining us. It is by far the best training I have received from any company. 4 on 4 shifts for bunk drivers and day cabs, and opportunities to move internally to our 4 locations; Langley, Kamloops, Prince George, and Duncan, Scamp offers so much to their drivers, you'll never want to work for anybody else.

Pros

4 on 4 off schedule with ability to pick up extra shifts with premium pay.

Great working environment!

From my first day of employment with Scamp they have made me and my family feel welcome and cared about, with having plenty of time to spend with my family and still making a great living. I have always felt that Scamp has put there employees first with providing the best technology and equipment for the job.

Family Run with active owners who care

I have been with Scamp for the last 12 years and can say that they actively care about their employees. Few companies provide job security/stability in trucking and they support their workers with a great compensation package, work/life balance, newer equipment and rewards for hard working employees.

Pros

Stability/Security/Appreciated

Cons

None - Best Owners and support from Manager/Supervisors

Open, friendly & competitive place to work

The work schedule is perfect for anyone. They have all types of shifts and are willing to work with anyone to accommodate a schedule that will work. Salary & benefits are on par with all other companies and grow each year.The equipment is top class and repaired if needed, promptly. A great place to work with great people.

Great company to work for

Great company to work for, with lots of support through training and ongoing instruction and reminders. Good financial incentives to work hard and safely. Highly recommend!

Great job with good days off and pay scale

This is a great place to work with excellent benefits, pay, days off, equipment, uniforms, safety training, maintenance, and great people both in the office and out in the field. 4 on 4 off schedule allows for excellent at home time to be with family and plan special events. I hope to retire with this organization.

Pros

excellent equipment, good people, fun environment.

Cons

winter

Driver bc

If you as a driver can handle some rules and are willing to better your self not just an employee but as a human then this place is for you. I’ve work here for just over a year now and my work environment is beyond any trucking company that I have ever worked for ( sin 2004) it’s not easy but you are well compensated for your time

Pros

Your start time is set in stone but they will work with you if YOU what to change it

Cons

A lot of book work and training. It’s only a con if you don’t like training

Great place to work and you get paid on how hard you work

Great place to work, if you work hard you’re rewarded. Have to follow some safety rules but they are understandable. HSSE is usually there to try to make you better. Clean equipment that actually gets maintained when stuff breaks. I feel like I could stay there until I retire.

Pros

Extra day gets extra pay

Cons

Can be stressful in the winter months

Fast paced demanding job

Very demanding dispatch pushes more onto you if they can....lots of rules and on site checks. Too much over the top enforcement and criticism of job tasks.

positive work place

very flexible work hours with a good positive work environment. Great incentive and on the job training. Freedom to make important decisions and lots of trust from management

Great while it lasted, Alberta branch was sold.

Immediate management was first rate, great support, excellent co-workers. Several schedule options for life style balance. Environment was very open and friendly.

Excellent place to work

Very safety oriented company, well managed from the top to the local managers. Excellent shifts and very well maintained equipment. I would work there again.

Pros

excellent maintained equipment, monthly safety meetings that are catered

Cons

working in all weather conditions

typical fuel company

this is a typical fuel delivery company. their dispatch doesn't know what it is doing, and the managers, owners don't care. it amazingly still rolls along and customers get their fuel and drivers get paid. lots of split loads to different sites. Esso few compartments, PetroCan the rest. this makes an environment that is easy to screw up in.

Pros

money was on par

Cons

dispatch, owners and management, poor safety.

Super Fun Job

I learned a lot about office jobs. Management was really great! Everyone is super nice there. The hardest part of the job was probably finishing work on time but the best part of the job was being around good people.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Lots of papers

Good Schedule, pay structure needs help

Scamp is a pretty good company to work for. A 4 on 4 off schedule is nice to have, however the compensation for working extra days is terrible. Unless you work the maximum hours in a week you only get an extra approx. $25 on top of your days pay, so no time and a half. The schedule is great, you start at the same time everyday so no calling in everyday to find out if you are working. Too many management members, and too many people trying to take money away from your safety bonus. The drivers that work here are top notch and easy to get along with. Everyone is willing to help no matter how new or old you are. Paid by the load so you really have to work for your money.

Fuel technician

Very good company to work for but for personal reasons, I left. Very busy and pressure over time limits made it challenging sometimes but overall, very good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scamp Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3