Scalar Decisions Employee Reviews

Fun Culture that fosters teamwork
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2018
Scalar allows employees flexibility to work from home to help with work life balance. They encourage personal growth through individual education.

The culture is a very work hard / party hard type of environment. So if you really don't enjoy the latter, this company might not be for you.

Management is very approachable.
Pros
Education, Free lunches and great events
Cons
High expectations and not great bonus plans.
Great workplace
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2018
Fun work environment and great coworkers make for an overall excellent work experience. Lots of social activities and events makes it easy to have a good work-life balance.
Pros
Fun
Cons
n/a
A well managed company.
Senior OpenVMS Subject Matter Expert (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
The best company to work for. My hours were flexible and I get to work from home. The best thing is the high salary. The management team is excellent and has recognition of the best performers in the company.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Not a good place for career.
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
The company used to be good, nowadays they cannot keep up the paste. I am leaving very soon. This is a place to go to have some experience not a career.
Pros
Pay your phone bill.
Cons
Long hours, a lot of discriminations, poor management.
Marketplace leaders in Integrity and Professionalism
IT Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2018
SCALAR is a great place to leverage career and opportunity growth. Troy treats people with respect and dignity. I highly recommend SCALAR as a service provider and a professional services firm. They recruit and work with the highest caliber of talent in the marketplace.
Pros
Responsiveness and strong ability to source top talent.
Professional experience
Network Technician (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2017
Good people to work with
Honest in dealing with me as a contractor.
People easy to deal with and very helpful to me as an individual.
Clean and open workplace
Productive and fast paced environment
Senior IT Administrator – National IT Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
There is never a lack or work and team members are very open and collaborative Work life balance is great and the companies core values are solid. The company has a very new age way of thinking and the work place is professional yet casual at the same time.
Pros
Work from home, Hours are flexible to a degree, Team building is great
Cons
Not Available
Quality People
Backup Consultant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 October 2016
Quality people with quality IT project and good customer Base .Indeed a good IT consulting company with good IT vision and mission.The company is growing tremendously in a pace.
Quality People
Backup Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
Good people to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2016
I enjoyed my time at Scalar. Wish I was still there. Downturn in economy affecting workloads. Not enough work meant reduction in workforce.
Pros
People, Office
Cons
Not there any more.
Fun place to work, but it's changing in not a good way
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Fun place to work, but as the company is growing rapidly they're struggling maintaining the same culture as before, which is not good
Productive and fun workplace with a tennis table!
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2016
- Place cold calls, establish warm introductions and use social media to generate leads and book meetings for sales executives to help solve IT related issues in various verticals for all sized organizations
- Attend various conferences, networking events and sponsored events to build relationships with new prospects while strengthening existing partnerships
- Acquire account intelligence into hundreds of accounts and generate reports based on various campaign initiatives
- Consistently achieved sales and business development targets on a monthly basis
- Receive certifications in several technologies to help strengthen organizational partnership level with key vendors and partners within the industry
- Amazing people to work with who were always willing to help with any question I had, big or small
Productive and fun workplace
SE (Current Employee) –  BC29 July 2015
Great company, growing fast. Great opportunities to learn new technologies and get involved with vendors.
Still needs to mature in terms of transparency between management and employees.
Cons
Lack of work-life balance
Its a new learning curve for me, the peers are helpful
Project Manager Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2015
Its a new learning curve for me, the peers are helpful, also as i am going onsite for the project brings me in terms with a lot of people which is really good exposure
Great Culture and Great People
Consultant in VMware/UCS/Active Directory (Current Employee) –  toronto24 November 2014
It is no wonder the company grows very fast. The company has a great culture which attaches talents who inspire to deliver unique value to the customers, and who would like to be their best.
Very productive and efficient
Marketing assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2014
I would use my teamwork skills, analytical skills and technical skills to update sales databases and supporting the marketing department. I also worked with the staff members to confirm data that could support various sales and marketing programs. Afterwards, I would enter the data needed on Word and put in more data bases information using Excel. The hardest part of the job is updating different databases from different computers however, it didn't turn out too difficult since I have expertly handled it with practice. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with team mates in my marketing department, brainstorming ideas for the company and working together.
Fast paced leading edge sales environment
Purchasing Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto25 November 2012
Scalar Decisions has grown quickly in the past few years. They offer IT solutions for any sized customer and a quick turnaround.
Really a fun place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON, Canada31 May 2012
My typical week started with doing the cash flow analysis and AP analysis. Then on a daily basis, I signed on to the vendor's websites and downloaded all the new invoices and entered them in out system. Then I gathered all invoices which needed to be paid for the week. Made sure they are all approved and accurate. I entered them if needed. Then ran a check run on Thursday.
In between these duties I did my monthly reconciliations and account analysis.
We did a lot of team work covered for each other.
Management was very easy to deal with and approachable.
Pros
travel and telephone expense was provided
Cons
a very fast growing company so was always busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scalar Decisions. Our community is ready to answer.

Scalar Decisions Reviews by Location