Scalar Decisions

Scalar Decisions Employee Reviews

A lot to learn in this company and used to be good company but now it is been micro manage and no job security. They will fire you without any reason.
Pros
Paying phone bills
Cons
Micro manage
Before or Post acquisition, Scalar's Culture were build by the people who worked at Scalar. It was build with smart individuals from different professional/cultural background. It still remain the same as we have made ourselves known in the Canadian Market of a Services (People) focus company.
Pros
Autonomy to influence
Cons
Change is hard, but it is not all toxic
Scalar allows employees flexibility to work from home to help with work life balance. They encourage personal growth through individual education. The culture is a very work hard / party hard type of environment. So if you really don't enjoy the latter, this company might not be for you. Management is very approachable.
Pros
Education, Free lunches and great events
Cons
High expectations and not great bonus plans.
Fun work environment and great coworkers make for an overall excellent work experience. Lots of social activities and events makes it easy to have a good work-life balance.
Pros
Fun
Cons
n/a
The best company to work for. My hours were flexible and I get to work from home. The best thing is the high salary. The management team is excellent and has recognition of the best performers in the company.
Pros
High salary
Cons
The company used to be good, nowadays they cannot keep up the paste. I am leaving very soon. This is a place to go to have some experience not a career.
Pros
Pay your phone bill.
Cons
Long hours, a lot of discriminations, poor management.
SCALAR is a great place to leverage career and opportunity growth. Troy treats people with respect and dignity. I highly recommend SCALAR as a service provider and a professional services firm. They recruit and work with the highest caliber of talent in the marketplace.
Pros
Responsiveness and strong ability to source top talent.
Good people to work with Honest in dealing with me as a contractor. People easy to deal with and very helpful to me as an individual. Clean and open workplace
Quality people with quality IT project and good customer Base .Indeed a good IT consulting company with good IT vision and mission.The company is growing tremendously in a pace.
I enjoyed my time at Scalar. Wish I was still there. Downturn in economy affecting workloads. Not enough work meant reduction in workforce.
Pros
People, Office
Cons
Not there any more.
Fun place to work, but as the company is growing rapidly they're struggling maintaining the same culture as before, which is not good
- Place cold calls, establish warm introductions and use social media to generate leads and book meetings for sales executives to help solve IT related issues in various verticals for all sized organizations - Attend various conferences, networking events and sponsored events to build relationships with new prospects while strengthening existing partnerships - Acquire account intelligence into hundreds of accounts and generate reports based on various campaign initiatives - Consistently achieved sales and business development targets on a monthly basis - Receive certifications in several technologies to help strengthen organizational partnership level with key vendors and partners within the industry - Amazing people to work with who were always willing to help with any question I had, big or small
Great company, growing fast. Great opportunities to learn new technologies and get involved with vendors. Still needs to mature in terms of transparency between management and employees.
Cons
Lack of work-life balance
Its a new learning curve for me, the peers are helpful, also as i am going onsite for the project brings me in terms with a lot of people which is really good exposure
I would use my teamwork skills, analytical skills and technical skills to update sales databases and supporting the marketing department. I also worked with the staff members to confirm data that could support various sales and marketing programs. Afterwards, I would enter the data needed on Word and put in more data bases information using Excel. The hardest part of the job is updating different databases from different computers however, it didn't turn out too difficult since I have expertly handled it with practice. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with team mates in my marketing department, brainstorming ideas for the company and working together.
Scalar Decisions has grown quickly in the past few years. They offer IT solutions for any sized customer and a quick turnaround.
My typical week started with doing the cash flow analysis and AP analysis. Then on a daily basis, I signed on to the vendor's websites and downloaded all the new invoices and entered them in out system. Then I gathered all invoices which needed to be paid for the week. Made sure they are all approved and accurate. I entered them if needed. Then ran a check run on Thursday.In between these duties I did my monthly reconciliations and account analysis.We did a lot of team work covered for each other.Management was very easy to deal with and approachable.
Pros
travel and telephone expense was provided
Cons
a very fast growing company so was always busy.