SBA Communications Employee Reviews

Great place to work, great culture
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL13 April 2018
Enjoyed working there, my coworkers were helpful and made me feel comfortable while learning my job. The management were caring and always kept in mind the goals without making the staff feel stressed.
Pros
Great location and campus
Cons
Weird parking space
Signal Tower Site Purchase and Leasing was educational and easy for me vs. real estate sales
Real Estate Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL8 March 2018
I enjoyed working at SBA Communications, I managed over 600 sites, bought many sites and extended many land leases over 55 years. I enjoyed utilizing my real estate and legal experience to negotiate leases and land purchases with attorneys all over the country. I wish I did not have to move away from the area, I would love to return to work for SBA again in real estate acquisition.
Pros
negotiated leases and purchases from the office, no travel
Cons
working in small office cubicles, the conference room events
Great company to work for
Construction Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL19 February 2018
SBA is a great company to work for. With the various opportunities within the company, one can find their place and take advantage of growth opportunities when available.
Great company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Texas25 January 2018
Typical day is to go into office and enjoy it. This is a fun atmosphere, lots of intelligent folks work there and work hard and play hard. Top of the line sites and PM's.
Relaxed enviroment
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC25 January 2018
Culture good. Work good. Management ok. Hardest part of the job was getting approvals for purchasing needed supplies. Most enjoyable part was the comraderie with fellow employees.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Few advancement opportuinites
Good Spot
Financial Analyst, International (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL25 January 2018
Great benefits, co-workers, and company overall. If you want a stable job with predictability, this is your spot. Lots of operations internationally, good if you are bilingual or trilingual.
Barry Clement
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN4 December 2017
there where times where they wanted team leads to be CM they would pressure you and backlashing for not completing site when they were the ones not giving you the right information in the first place cause they where not communicating with the customer appropriately like you were having to just wasn't what I expected coming from a fortune 500 company
Data Analytics and Reporting to executives
Zoning Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL12 November 2017
I had a very unique job. I was to collect public information from local governments to project our competitors next move. It was analytical thinking and strategic planning.
Terrible place to work, everyone there hates their job with good reason
REAL ESTATE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL20 October 2017
This is a modern, well-designed sweatshop, with daily work quotas shoved down your throat and used to threaten and control workers. Overtime is offered but is expected (you need to work overtime in order to make any money!) If you don't work the overtime or they feel it's not enough, you are held in contempt. They like to hold themselves out as "family" but do not act like anyone's family and actually have a revolving door of workers coming in to fill positions which have been vacated by employees quitting or getting fired. Terrible reputation with employment agencies (revolving door and lots of bad feedback). Terrible training, very inadequate but then are sticklers for doing it "their way." A lot of unhappy employees who literally hate their jobs but stay because of stock options. Upper management are full of themselves. Workers get fired every other day at this company. It's a joke. Raises are basically non-existent and an insult to any hard working person. It takes four years to make one more dollar an hour! Horrible work atmosphere. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Only enjoyment is the paycheck doesn't bounce.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Very nasty co-workers, old bitter people
You're a slave working here that isnt worthy of any respect
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC11 October 2017
Mentally draining because of the lack in leadership. Job conditions are harsh. I was let go before my 90 days was complete because one of the journeyman is a baby that has his hand in all the managements pockets.
Pros
money
Cons
too many things
Very stressful environment
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL20 September 2017
My manager was amazing. The best thing of SBA.
The company is good and is growing. Lots of work which will keep you busy. The salary is not good but if you want job stability this may be a place for you if you can overcome the long hours of work.
You can work hard as crazy and will never be enough.
I was so tired which returning home became a concern because I had to drive 44 miles back home and most of the time I was almost falling asleep. My quality of life was miserable and my health was going down so I decided to quit.
Pros
job stability, company is growing.
Cons
long hours, low payment.
Unethical Management
IT Support Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL4 August 2017
Where do you see managers passing around the Grimm Reaper when they fire someone. If you don't agree with them on an idea, they will find ways to get rid of you. I have personally seen the management invade a persons privacy, emails, etc. Don't even think of speaking to HR about an issue, it does not stay there, it goes right back to whosoever the complaint is about.
Pros
Bonus 2x a year
Cons
everything else
work
Construction Foreman (Former Employee) –  Colorado3 July 2017
It is pretty sad when you have to watch your back even around employees. One thing you learn in the communication world is to have each others back ant to help. Was not the case here.
Great experience
Corporate Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL30 June 2017
Enjoying my time at SBA Communications. Top notch management team.
Very efficient organization and super stock performance
Rising industry and positive outlook in the near future.
Love the work
Tower Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN14 June 2017
As close to my dream job as I've ever come. Challenging and rewarding work. Involves some travel. If you love to climb and work at heights of 200 to 300 feet you will enjoy this.
Pros
Climbing
Cons
A few 24 hour work days
Mediocre company
Management (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL8 May 2017
Work there for almost 5 years. Little pay, management in the Accounting Department is below average. They fear they will lose their jobs and there is a lot lack of trust. They do not value their employees or their contributions.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of job security, weak management
Nice place to work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL3 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job at SBA were its employees who are their greatest asset. They are very hard working and diligent in their work ethic.
Some of their drawbacks tend to be its limited movement and opportunities within the company very flat organization.

They have made some improvements by offering more training opportunities to its team but if their is no chance for the employee to grow they must go outside the company to grow and move up.

Culture is very rigid and does not offer a lot of flexibility which is due to the nature of the industry.
Pros
cafe on premises and location
Cons
lack of flexibility offered to employees.
Great Company on the Tower side
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO11 April 2017
A lot of great people work here. They are worth more than what they do on an everyday basis. You tend to work many hours on the Construction side and the people hat you have to work with you are to busy to get their own jobs completed. The tower division is the most important side of this company so they do not look at the construction as a part of the company.
Pros
Some great people in the company
Cons
Need to pay more attention to our employees, need more communication to your employees, need to train your employees instead of ignore them.
fun and growing work place
File Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL10 April 2017
SBA is a good environment to work at. They have wonderful management skills, and also they make sure employees are comfortable. They have different activity for every holiday. flex schedule and great team atmosphere. The ability to move within the same company, the ability to transfer to another company.
Pros
good communication
Cons
good benefits
OK Company
CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO14 March 2017
Good company. They tried to be successful in the construction area but failed. TCM was a complete failure. Local leadership was great and so was senior leadership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SBA Communications. Our community is ready to answer.