Sawridge Inns and Conference Centres

Sawridge Inns and Conference Centres Employee Reviews

Amazing place and great help
From my experience i loved working here. everyone will be there to help and you always have a person to talk to when you have a problem. it is very easy to switch into different areas or cities.
Pros
easy to move up, great work environment
Cons
fort mcmurray team shut down
You truly are welcomed home
The Sawridge motto is Welcome Home, and that is exactly what they do. From the moment I stepped onsite I felt comfortable and at ease. Everyone from upper management to hourly employees are friendly and approachable, and Sawridge goes the extra mile to ensure staff know that they are valued and important to the team. I cannot imagine myself working anywhere else.
Dumpster fire
Stay away for your own health and well being!!!
No desire to improve the situation. lots of talk about it but absolutly no action taken. Talk is cheap...
I loved it there.
Free meal everyday.
GWL benefits

Great people to work with..

Fast paced

For the most part they are fair with how they treat everyone..

It’s a aboriginal runner and furnished place but absolutely no aboriginal people really work there except a supervisor.
Pros
Alot
Cons
The employees talk a lot about each other
Great place to work!
Been working here almost two years!! Like any job sometimes it’s tough but you just plug thru your day, management is great and the genuinely care about you! Co workers are awesome more like family it Is very tight knit. I feel it’s not separated into Each department as you have interactions with different departments all the time and you get to know everyone. The Benefits are great, their meal program is also one of the best. I would recommend anyone work here. I have lived in Fort McMurray 10 years and worked in all different places and I would say this is by far the best place I have worked! It is very easy to move up in positions...
Pros
Great lunch program, family like environment
Fun place to work and great staff
I love working here - everyone is always smiling and treating each other with respect. I love that when I come to work everyone is happy. I have never experienced or witness any inappropriate behavior like some of the reviews suggest. In my opinion someone is just upset that they parted company or are maybe jealous/sour that they never got hired --- have to think about that as a high possibility.
Pros
Free lunh/discounts/benefits/rsp matching/discounts/awsome team events
Family Cultured Environment
This hotel is great to work at, a very family oriented environment and room for advancement. Their Sawridge Culture is all about family and you can really feel that working with other people in different departments. Guests have even told me that we, at the hotel make them feel like family or that they are at home when they stay with us. Management is very accommodating with scheduling, especially with having a family of my own. Staff and managers are nice and communicate well. Fun staff meetings and townhalls with recognition and prizes. I really enjoy working here and have made a lot of friends who are like family.
Pros
Discounted meals, staff incentive/recognition, discount on hotel rooms, friendly staff and managers
Worst job I ever had
If you want to be micro managed and not appreciated this is the job for you. Terrible is how I felt being there 90 percent of the time you only hear negetive and not recognized for the positive.
It’s just not the kind of environment that you can grow in.

Staff is great besides management, wouldn’t suggest this place to work .... keep looking
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sawridge Inns and Conference Centres?
not a good place to work
management is poor, if you got potential better work in another place.Staff here are never appreciated. Managers have poor managing skills, doesn’t know how to handle people properly. Some staff were very unprofessional to work with.
great
Great Staff like family was a great expierence working with this company so much i left and they welcomed me back immediatly beautiful dynamic and great hours
Negative place with management
No appreciation at all lots of potential but very poor management I would never recommend for anyone to work here!!! Not properly run on the bar / restaurant. Like I said it’s not the staff it’s poor inexperienced management
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, drama
Poor experience
Probably the worse company I’ve worked for poor work culture immature management and brutal staff housing chef is an idiot can not get answers for simple questions the HR manager is married to a department head enough said
Pros
Cons
Housing job security trainings and
Best place I've worked
Everyone is family there. There is room to try other departments and learn all you can. They are super supportive and very understanding. I love coming to work everyday !
Pros
A new family
Cons
Wage
Strong commitment to family and values
Days at work are fun, everyone is in a good mood - managers and teams both. we laugh a lot and communication and ideas are shared as a group. Fun town halls and staff meetings and events.
Learning and encouragement to learn and respect one another.

best part of work is coming to see the faces of your at work family and knowing if you need help with someone - you can ask anybody and they will do whatever they can to assist you.
Pros
free lunches, good deals at hotels, lots of fun each day
Cons
public transit not always available durring shift times
All blames and lack of job security
As below someone described Sawridge is hostile environment for both Employer and Management. The worst part is they are making overstaffing and partial action to deal with their employees. Each week of management meeting, they are sharing worker's weakness and proposing to do fire one by one whenever they want. Please Do not waste of your time in here, rather than finding other jobs. Cheers!!!
Pros
Cons
Manipulation, partial judgement and lack of job security
Hostile work environment with no trust in management
Management is rarely available or present, they frequently take impromptu vacations or days off without telling employees. There is little to no training and a severe lack of safety equipment overall: from poorly organized health and safety documents to complete lack of PPE, and disregard for safety precautions outside of monthly meetings. Employees have been mocked for raising concern or trying to properly use H&S paperwork. Management is constantly looking to place blame instead of find solutions which causes hostility and lack of productivity in employees and management. It's easier to point fingers than work together. They offer well priced staff accommodation and benefifs which they use to take advantage of employees as most employees are relying on the job for their housing and livelihood.
Pros
Staff lunches, benefifs
Cons
No job security, poor to no leadership
Seasonal Productivity
Great management and staff, House accomodation is very close and neat. Very positive area to work and outstanding location. Close to the parks,l but very small town.
Pros
Cheap staff accomodation
Cons
Low pay
tiring
its a hard work, as a line cook, you have to prepare a Buffet for 350 people plus, just by yourself.
salary is not worth for the value and time that you giving to the company,.
Pros
no break
Amazing People, Amazing Management, Amazing Work Place!
I am working for The Sawridge for three years now, and everything was amazing! My workmates are not like workmates, they are more like Family. My management, are great people, gives all the information you need if you need anything, all you have to do is ask when you need it, and they will give it to if it is possible. Most pf our regular guests always say that Our Restaurant, is the only place in FortMc where you can feel the "I am at home" feeling, which makes me happy! But we can't do anything about the things we cannot forsee.
Pros
Staff Buffet, Health Benefits, Free Red Arrow tickets to Edmonton or Calgary, $50 staff Hotel Room rate, 50% all food.
kitchen as a cook,previous experience at Sawridge Truckstop
Have previous experience with Cooking and working in a fast pace environment. Willing to learn and work extra hours if need be necessary some overtime hours. My management at the Truckstop was totally great to work for,while I was with the company I only learned to gradually cook the Canadian Cuisine Menu.
Groundskeeper
We would start off the day with getting out duties told to us. I would make my walk around and see if everything is in working order. I would go on with my daily duties and when I would get a call on my radio I would go assist my request. I like working my co-workers we have made a good friend ship inside and outside work.
Pros
Free lunches, good benfits
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sawridge Inns and Conference Centres. Our community is ready to answer.
Sawridge Inns and Conference Centres Reviews by Job Title