Sawmill Prime Rib and Steakhouse Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good Company to work for
Expo/Prep Cook/Line Cook. Duties (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 April 2018
Good company to work for, fast paced learning environment, good hours and wages, training to learn lots of positions, competitive nature, friendly management and staff, great guest experience
High end local successful restaurant
Bartender/Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2018
I learned a lot of my serving and Management skills here.
Our location had the best service reviews,and promotions in the company. Building was sold in 2014 ,and relocated the business to Leduc.
Pros
Free steaks !
Cons
Old building. Needed renos.
Good workplace with opportunity to contribute
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2017
IF being busy and having an opportunity to take ownership of something is what you seek, then look no further. Corporate management seem eager to have staff take initiative and some staff who have been at this location for many years contribute so much to the overall workplace environment.
Pros
Great people/good food
Cons
Difficult hours for some to maintain family life
this place is awful
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 September 2017
I wish I could negative stars. Do not work at this establishment, it is a sexist workplace that has no care about their employees. The management is disgusting. The pay is ridiculous. Everyone i worked with has since quit. It is an abusive company and I warn everyone I meet to NEVER work here, or even give them your business. WORST job I have ever had in my life.
Quality workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK12 July 2016
I enjoyed the job. My main issues were the lack of work which was likely due to the current state of the economy. I do not consider the company itself to be at fault for this.
Fast paced environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 April 2016
A regular day working at sawmill was very high speed and stressful to be honest. But i learnt a lot by working in a restaurant, I learnt how to bus tables, clean up after people, book reservations and set tables. The co-workers at sawmill were mainly nice, but i personally didn't get a log with most of the people
The hardest part of the job was carrying trays full of food, and the most enjoyable part was meeting some new girls at work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
fast pace work environment
Fast paced
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 March 2015
Typical day at work would include serving, cleaning tables, general cleaning duties. Management was stressed. Co-workers were nice but when stressed it wasn't enjoyable to work there.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Stressful, un organized