Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Dead end job

Poor management, no communication between supervisors. Management will push even the hardest workers to their limits. The harder you work, the more tasks you will be given in comparison to a slower worker. No compensation to make up for working harder or more efficiently than other workers. No sales bonus anymore, so no incentive to keep being pushed by management to reach higher and higher quotas. All managers will talk down to you and treat you like a child if you voice a concern or complaint. Do yourself a favor if you are working there, don't take the job seriously AT ALL. Leave and move on to something better ASAP because team members deserve to actually feel like they are part of a TEAM, not a dictatorship.

Pros

Same hours everyday for full time members

Cons

Management, low pay, poor and overpriced benefits, being overworked, high stress level

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Productive but fast paced workplace

Very rough on the shoulder and back muscles, management doesn’t seem to want you to engage with your coworkers at all, they don’t give you a chance to actually improve at your training and are very pushy with everything they talk to you about after your interview process.
Same role

It was an okay job

Very under trained management, no discipline for staff that were regular call ins or not doing things correctly or fully. Barely gave praise to hard working staff on stressful days. Sub management per area did not seem to be trained and let the “power” they had go to their heads. Very unimpressed as I’ve always wanted to work in one of these stores.

Pros

Meeting the other employees

Cons

Bad management, no discipline
Same location

Terrible Company

I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.

Pros

None, don’t work here.

Cons

Everything, management, co workers, environment.

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement