Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Pay & benefits reviews

overall good place to work, in my opinion the pay is low for how much physical labour and exertion is required. However I would most. definitely recommend value village for somebody looking to get. into the work force or find a great group of co workers
Pros
supervisors and managment is verythoughtful and understanding
Cons
physically demanding and difficult for the pay
Supportive management always putting their workers first, good benefits, fun monthly events to boost moral, awards received from management every month to recognise great work efforts, supportive coworkers, overall friendly environment.
Depending on the position it can be very taxing on the body. Super fun staff though, great managers but the wages are not competitive. Full time is hard to come by, though you will work full time hours a lot.
Value Village is a decent place to work with good coworkers and mangers that seem to genuinely care about your well being and work-life balance, however it is minimum wage with low hours due to over hiring.
some positions can guarantee 40 hour weeks (up to 50 in busier times) but other positions (like CDC) can suffer with as low as 28 hours per week lunch provided biweekly typically
It's definitely a great place for your first job as they are very understanding and teach you everything you would need to do the job up to standards with a lot of patience. Although after working for quite a few months it starts to become boring and repetitive. As a really hard worker a lot of the times your work goes underappreciated the more you do as you are on your feet all day while the supervisors can just stand around around for up to an hour before they do much work. They also are not very lenient on you being even just a minute late after being late consecutive days. Fair warning, all you get is three protected sick days. In your training they make it seem easy to advance but it's really not. My managers and supervisors have had the same position for years upon years and there are only now 3 stores in London. If you want full time you have to work long hours in production and trust me, it's tiring.
Pros
casual, good coworkers, birthday cake and occasional free lunches
Cons
on your feet all day
Demanding physical job but staff is friendly and supportive. Need to be able to stand for most of the time with 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break when working in the production area.
I enjoyed most of my fellow employees and working with the public. The manager was not always truthful and relayed information to best suit him. Was promised supervisor position and he never followed through.
Pros
My co workers, benefits, flexible schedule.
Cons
Not organized and poor management
this job is very repetitive I worked here for over a year and I got tired there pay raise is horrible and I had to literally wait until minimum wage to get pay raise and it still isn't enough. they aren't happy to switch and change or fix your days for you. very annoying, don't apply here.
I was never informed about hours getting a huge cut back till a few months prior. They hire way too many people and don't give full time staff their hours.
Pros
East going staff
Cons
Low pay high expectations for the work i find lots of favouritism in the work place
overworked underpaid underappreciated underrespected. suspected of being a criminal. not trusted. made to work sick or written up. dont really care about their employees. minimum wage = you are worth the least possible money to them. plus they get their stuff for free and dont pass it on to their employees and mislead about being a charity when they actually give bare minimum to them as well
Pros
co-workers
Cons
too many to list. do not work here
The store manager is rude and disrespectful to employees. Supervisors talk down to you in front of customers. Forced to overprice items that aren’t worth the value. Not enough safety when you ask for help, supervisors are unreliable and lazy. Vacation requests are usually declined because only one person in the whole store can vacation at a time.
Pros
50% discount, start salary is slightly more then min wage.
Cons
Very poor management, gossip, dirty atmosphere, disrespectful supervisors and management
A very low salary & demanding stressful workplace, Management is not good, slow career advancement, Management our not respectful & values our not being instilled from the management & all employees. I worked here for many years, until i left because of really bad experienced.
managers and the people in the back I worked with were the best thing about the job I would say. Hours were probably the worst. 1 week you would have 32 hours the next I'd have 4. Constantly scheduling problems. But overall very good people.
Fast paced work environment, highly dependent on teamwork. The mission of the recycling and charity aspects are a positive aspect but the compensation for certain roles within the company is not commiserate with the level of work.
Is really gross working here, everyone treats you bad at the beginning you can’t even trust the security guy here because he was looking at me more rather than other people. They pay minimum to live with dust and rats.
Cons: A poor managed store. Long hard work for little pay . They say no weekends but surprise you with them. On occasion. Too many management positions not enough production workers . They don't listen to their staff. Pros: Monday- Friday 8-4:30 Discount
People are great that work there, supervisors at pretty laid back, but expect you to work. Benefits program and paid vacation are a bonus. Advancement seems like it's nearly impossible this would be the only down fall of this company
Fast paced, never boring for you're always on the go! Fun team, great experience! Low salary but great bonuses and perks! Perfect hours! Weekends off!
Be prepared to work. Pay is too low. No vacation for a year, no raise for a year, no sick time for a year. People are good but business is all about processing stuff as fast as possible.
I’m sure VV can be a decent place to work but it really depends on coworkers and the type of mangers you end up with.. this makes or breaks the experience. The only pluses are the employees discount and paid vacation after 1 year even for part timers