Value Village logo

Value Village Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Found 342 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

great people who customers love

overall good place to work, in my opinion the pay is low for how much physical labour and exertion is required. However I would most. definitely recommend value village for somebody looking to get. into the work force or find a great group of co workers

Pros

supervisors and managment is verythoughtful and understanding

Cons

physically demanding and difficult for the pay

Fun work environment, good training, good benefits.

A great place to work, good training, benefits, good staff, good management. Treated fairly, good teamwork, good support, community culture, customer service oriented workplace.

Terrible place to work.... don’t recommend it to anyone

minimum wage,very hard work, no vacation for 1 year, rules changes as they choose, favortisim with staff, no compassion, understanding ... OVERPRICED!!

Pros

50% discount, medical benefits, no weekends

Cons

Very physically demanding, poor work conditions, terrible management

Very picky management

Expected to price 6 racks of clothing per day must meet your quota or will not pass your 3 months probation if items are priced too low they remove them from the Shelf and make you reprice them Value Village is very expensive for a thrift shop and I believe that their price points are too high. I was pricing six to seven hundred items per day which is very physically demanding. They should really make the store more affordable for low-income families. The hours were very good you still had time for yourself and your family it was Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. very hard work physically demanding to meet your quota each day. I liked the job I just couldn't see myself doing it for a very long time but I did meet my very best friend when I was working here and we are still friends for over 10 years

Pros

Pleasant coworkers, flexible hours

Cons

Meet quotas, picky management

value village

the worst company i have ever worked for. no communication, poor management, it was like working in a sweat shop. i only stayed there for two years because it was close to where i lived at the time and i had made a few friends while working there.

Pros

amazing benefits

Cons

everything else

Awesome coworkers, not so great management

Typical day at Value Villages always kept me on my toes, things to do and fun conversations to have with customers and coworkers. Decent hours and free lunches every few weeks. Some management did their job well, but a few were always out to nit pick at workers, and come down hard on them. One of the supervisors was also very two faced and hard to work with. If management improved, things would have been okay.

Pros

Free lunches, fun work, great coworkers, hours

good for a beginner job

working at value village is quite fun. you get good hours and its never a slow environment you would always be on your feet moving at a fast pace especially around Halloween and Christmas time.

Good place, wears on you though

Great place to work, like an island of misfit toys, value village frequently hires the odd and different people and molds them into productive team members. Turnover is reasonably high in management, as what is asked of them and compensation to do so really don't line up.

Pros

discount

help your community

feel rewarded in helping your local non for profit by working for a company that is passionate about it! atmosphere is great and great place if you want to move up into management.

Pros

great benefits and environment

Cons

hours depend on season

Easy going

I enjoyed this job because it is an easy going job where once you know the way everything works you're free to take initiative to get jobs done on your own.

Pros

Good co workers

Cons

Bad managment

Jobs at Value Village

See more jobs

Volunteer Work

It was volunteer job to get experience as a business office staff. I enjoyed working there because it was helping the new comers and abused women with housing, language and community resources. In addition, I was improving my knowledge as a administrative staff by answering phones, filing paper work, scheduling appointment and supporting peers.

Pros

Working with people

Cons

No salary

Production

This is a fun place to work. Management are great. They help you as much as they can to make a better work enviroment for you Good benifits. Just the wage is to low for me. Wish i could stay. Just cant afford too

Fun in the past.... But

Value village when I first started was a blast, it was tough but still very fun with my amazing co-workers and bosses (supervisor's, store owner, & store manager) but as the years went on we saw new supervisors that eventually replaced our current supervisors and a new manager/store owner. This is when things started going downhill. they reduced our hours significantly, reduced the products we had in the store such as cleaning supplies, basic needs like plastic cup and even paper towels at one point (everyone complained to get them back) The quality check has worsen with management just caring about how much items we put out instead of actually checking the product fully to ensure its safe to purchase for our customers. Also we used to get free lunches on sale days or special events but not anymore! the work load too is also pretty bad. Before if you were given a section then that would be your section for your whole shift, most of the times max you would get 2 sections and that lead to a clean store and a clean environment for the customers. As of today that is no longer the case. we're given multiple sections and have a lot of side things to worry about since they started cutting our hours. For example you would now get 3-5 sections plus hangers/ fitting room/cash/ showcase or where ever they want you pretty much. its a lot and too overwhelming for a part time student. My store went from a fun,happy environment to a prison. No ones allowed to talk to one another anymore (unless the boss comes to talk with you) & our benefits from the past have been cut significantly -

Pros

Awesome co-workers, Find some nice rare items, the employee discount

Cons

management, hours, cleanliness, cheap or no supplies, Dusty, Overwhelming

Good job for a placeholder

Working on opperations is not the best job I've had. It's steady hours but they're hard labouring hours. The dust and cleanliness of the work room is inevitable. The customers aren't the greatest but there's a few gems. Customers can be pretty cruel here. Managment is incredibly competitive.

correct

les horaires sont souvent sortis a la derniere minute, ils ne font pas rentrer assez de personnes pour un rush, les demandes de congés sont souvent perdus, les heures ne sont pas garantis et les clients nous voit comme des moins que rien en majorité du temps, malheureusement, meme si c'est un organisme pour la bonne cause.

Pros

les collegues de travail

Cons

les heures non assurees

Great co-workers, meh management

Overall, a pretty nice retail job, relatively nice benefits like with any other, there are horrible, idiotic customers, on a daily basis sale days are horrible, customers are like vultures, and they leave a disaster on the sales floor, like literally 50% of everything is on the ground, and you gotta pick it up, while also balancing cashier duties, where the lines are also hectic

Pros

Paid sick days and vacation

Cons

hectic sale days

Environmental friendlybecause of items being re-used.

A typical day is trying to get used to different customers and their moods. Great place to shop for very unique bargains. The hardest part of the job is smiling when customers are rude and abnoxious. The great part is knowing that reducing waste helps the environment.

Pros

Discount

Cons

No benefits as a part-timer

Enjoy working in a fast paced environment, strong communicator and nice with people.

hard but fun work I learnt how to treat with a costumer Very kind management Very good culture When a costumer is upset from the company Getting a lot of donations from the people

Pros

Cons

No food

sa pourais aller mieux

sa serais si interessant si vraiment opportuniter d avancement serais vrais et l atmosphere serais plus positif et moins negatif envers les employers

Pros

des lunche gratuits des fois

Cons

pas assez opportuniter de carrieres

Meh

The store manager yells a lot and degrades the workers. I was being trained and was yelled at for not putting out enough items. It's very dusty, dirty and you may have to deal with poo poo.

Pros

sometimes free food, free coffee, benefits

Cons

bad management, dirty, dusty, stressful

Exhausting

Honestly, If you're in high school or first year in university it's an ok job. But if you're needing references don't stay there long. It's a waster of time especially you're not planning to stay for a long time.

Pros

co-workers are friendly

Cons

You can lose your job if you don't give out a certain amount of club cards, unsavory shoplifters

2.9Job security/advancement