Value Village logo

Value Village Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Found 342 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

great people who customers love

overall good place to work, in my opinion the pay is low for how much physical labour and exertion is required. However I would most. definitely recommend value village for somebody looking to get. into the work force or find a great group of co workers

Pros

supervisors and managment is verythoughtful and understanding

Cons

physically demanding and difficult for the pay

Unprofessional and immature management

It's an okay first job for students but there are better minimum wage jobs. Management doesn't get paid enough and have too big of a workload so they are always on edge. Managers do not treat their workers with respect, they gossip about workers and customers acting like highschool students. Even if you are doing your work and not causing any trouble, management may still have issues with you that they will not properly handle. If you work on the sales floor they will cut your hours just below full-time so you don't receive any benefits. Save yourself the trouble and the stress and don't waste your time here. This was my experience and my advice atleast.

Pros

Good discount

Cons

Unprofessional management, unrealistic expectations

Its a fun place to work.

I worked for Value Village for over ten years and I miss my family. My store closed and i didnt want to transfer to another, instead I settled. I would like to work here again.

Pros

sometimes free lunches.

Cons

overtime

You become part of the Village family

Value Village does valuable work within the local community and the world community. They have an excellent benefits package for full time staff that is difficult to find in any sort of entry-level job like this. Managers and supervisors care about their staff, and though there is not high turnover for these positions, a promotion or raise is a relatively attainable goal for any hard-working employee to obtain. My old supervisors still greet me by name and it often feels like I'm just leisurely shopping and chatting after clocking out despite not having worked for Value Village in years.

I would rather did ditches

I worked for Value Village Courtenay for 3 years. 2 years as as a production supervisor. They pay so little most employees cannot afford a car and share rides or walk to work. As a supervisor and a single parent I was paid $15 an hour which barely paid the bills, raises were about 25 cents an hour annually. Thankfully I was able to get a hamper at Christmas. I worked hard, and was verbally recognised for my ability to meet targets and manage labour. I was not considered for promotion because my single parent lifestyle had me using more sick time than most as any time I needed for my child, or appointments was taken out of sick pay. I was eventually fired for going over my sick time while I had the flu. I was even told by the district manager at one point to deliberately make friends with stay at home mom's so they could watch my kid for free as some sort of legitimate solution to my "unexcused absences," This company cares about profits only. The same year I had a hamper at Christmas my store made almost a million dollars in profits. We were given paper $25 gift certificates as "bonuses" that were listed on our paycheques as pay and we paid tax on them. If you didn't use the whole thing you did not get change back, and they expired in March.

Pros

50% discount on clothing

Cons

Hostile culture, no work life balance

Halloween parties

I enjoyed the work at Value Village. I really enjoyed meeting the different people who shopped at Value Village. I learned so much from the staff and customers who shopped there.

Pros

During Halloween once a week we got a free lunch

Cons

Long hours, scheduling, management, pay was not that good

Horrible Company to work for

This company is all about the money and has little to know consideration for it's employees. When you reach your quotas they will double them the next day. It is very dirty and dusty with no ventilation. Safety issues aren't taken seriously unless it is the 'higher ups' who suggest them. Quantity over quality is definitely the goal of this company. A lot of stress with little to no pay off. Employees are disposable! Don't work for this company if you have children as they will expect you to chose them over you children or risk termination.

Pros

Decent benefits, great co workers

Cons

Management doesn't care about workers, low pay, terrible working conditions

Summed up as a pit

The store was always dirty, management cared little if at all for employees. Customers were always right and it showed in the behavior of the both them and upper management. Was impossible to achieve full time, thus no benefits.

Fun workplace

I would say Value Village is a nice place to work. Its all about Teamwork. Its an organization that deals with non-profit organization Diabetes Canada.

Pros

often free lunch

Cons

Bonne job étudiante, sans plus

J'ai travaill√© √† deux Villages des Valeurs ces trois derni√®res ann√©es, et l'exp√©rience n'est pas pareille aux deux places, mais se ressemblent sur certains points. O√Ļ je suis en ce moment, la gestion est mis√©rable, les g√©rants ne savent pas comment g√©rer et sont agressifs et pas du tout agr√©ables √† travailler avec. Les horaires sont donn√©s vraiment √† la derni√®re minute, les heures sont peu constantes (une semaine; 19h et l'autre; 7h). L'achalandage est tr√®s diff√©rent en automne (pour Halloween) que le reste de l'ann√©e et √ßa se ressent. L'environnement de travail est sale! Poussi√®re partout, odeurs, salet√©. Entreprise bas√© sur l'environnement et le recyclage, mais aucun bac de recyclage en avant aux caisses, donc les sacs de cartons, les factures, les papiers et tout objet se recyclant vont direct √† la poubelle. Beaucoup de difficult√©s employ√©s-g√©rants. J'adore mes coll√®gues, mais la plupart sont partis apr√®s √† peine 6-7 mois de travail. Je pense √† chercher ailleurs aussi. Par contre, bonnes valeurs du magasin, les superviseurs (pas les g√©rants - √† ne pas m√©langer) sont vraiment gentils et nous font sentir plus importants. Service √† la client√®le tr√®s bon, toujours √† l'√©coute du client.

Pros

Rabais employé (30-50%)

Cons

Salaire bas, pas syndiqué, aucun avantage sociaux, stressant

Jobs at Value Village

See more jobs

DId not appreciate well for the hard work I had put into this company, even though a lot of work was done on the computer, but the management could use some upgrade.

Pros

Free COffee

Cons

An alright place to work

I was simply working here because I needed a job, I didn't enjoy the work that I did very much and the hours were not very good either. It didn't seem like I was going anywhere.

Pros

More breaks than other workplaces

Cons

Bad hours

Friendly team members, good working environment

Typical retail position. Selected operations team members are extremely friendly, often diverse, and delightful to work with for the vast majority of the time.

Pros

Flexible hours, competitive rates, paid vacation

Cons

I don’t know it’s retail

Souless place to work

So much gossiping,from staff and management. Management and supervisors are extremely disrespectful It's all about working you to the bone Never work here

Pros

Benefits, fulltime

Cons

Everything else

Poste de direction stimulant

Philosophie de l`entreprise excellente( fait affaire avec des association a but non lucratif ) , tres bonne formation , avancement et carriere motivant . Salaire et bonus au dessus de la moyenne . Entreprise en constante progression et évolution . Ambiance de travail bonne et sécuritaire .

Pros

Réunion des directeurs annuel dans des endroits exotiques .

Cons

Exigence financier élevé

Great co-workers, good job.

If you can handle a fast paced, hourly targets, this is a great place to work. The work life balance is wonderful. I enjoyed mt time a Value Village immensely. I viewed it as a treasure hunt everyday and learned a lot about how to recognize quality items. Good benefits, base pay but yearly increases based on performance. One of my favourite jobs ever, but I worked at stores with amazing bosses and co-workers.

Pros

free lunches on sale days, great employee discount, fun people

Cons

mold, dust and other, bad co workers

Environnement

Le village des valeurs est un tr√®s bonne endroit o√Ļ travailler, l'ambiance et et les conditions sont g√©niales, mais les horaires ne sont pas toujours respect√©s et donn√©s tr√®s derni√®re minute.

Pros

Le respect

Cons

Les sont très dernière minute

Free coffee in the break room

The supervisors and coworkers are very helpful in answering any questions during training as well as helping with personal struggles that may affect work ethic. The hardest part of the job was standing for long hours. The most enjoyable part was how easy it was to learn where things went in the store. (clothing, miscellaneous items, etc.)

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Standing for long hours

Fun and laid back place to work

My savers experience was delightful. I have made many friends, some that I am still friends with even now that I haven't been employed with Savers. The management was very well organized and most of the management were understanding when you needed to talk. However, it was hard work, the hours were long and the pay cheque's were not that rewarding for the amount of hard work done.

Pros

A lot of free lunches

Cons

Strict rules

Enjoyable

Company wasn't bad to work for, lots of benefits and perks to working there. Employee discounts, as well as occasional sale bonuses throughout the year and pleasant co workers.

Under paid and does not respect scheduling requests

Hired as a part time worker but too often scheduled for full time hours without permission. I am not working full time hours consistently, I do not receive benefits. This employer has absolutely zero respect for days off booked even in advanced and releases finalized schedules as soon as 1 week in advance.

2.9Job security/advancement