Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Pay & benefits reviews

Easy work all across the board. Excellent work hours. Good supervisors and mod's. There is no Hassel. You have to be strong to work. Very good schedule.
Pros
Some times free lunch
Cons
Not very clean.
Blind leading the blind is their training method here when you work in this place. You have a laziest managers and supervisors that pretends to know everything. All they care about is you reaching your job quota and sales so they get their bonuses. Also, managers and supervisors pays favouritism when it comes to staff and who gets higher hourly pays.. Most employees who has been there for over two years still gets minimum wage. If you do get a little pay raise, manager will talk to you not to say anything to others. Also, management don't trust their employess and question them when they call in sick. Seriously, do work here and see what I'm talking about.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes and staff discount
Cons
Too many to list but basically they will treat you like a slave period unless they like you.
Team is very nice to work with, Employees are warm . Company provides accommodation to employee if needed. Highly effective team work. Easy to go team .
Pros
Free lunches, parties and christmas gift cards
They work you to the bone and for little pay. If you work the donation drive through, get ready to sweat and be expected to keep it clean and tidy with little to no help. Working the tables in the back is hard and kinda gross. You sort through random bags and they time you to sort as fast as possible. The managers don't help, they walk behind you and tell you too go faster cause all they want is sales. And they price donated items way to high.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Pay
I started working here since 2017, I have no problem to my co-workers and supervisor, they’re sooooo nice and helpful. But the store manager is really strict when it comes to work well i understand him but the thing is he make his own rules in the store that’s why it’s more confusing. He always check camera’s in the office so he can see a lot of team member who’s truly responsible. The only thing I don’t want with him is the way he talked behind’s back, he doesn’t direct you the problem. Been working here almost 3 years but I haven’t receive salary up ... I mean it’s only increasing cents .. also if you don’t have patient to other this is not for youu..
Pros
Long hours, fun workplace
Cons
No salary increase, rude customers, too many rules for employees
My coworkers were the best, and the benefits were great! Unfortunately, as a cashier I had to perform tasks such as working in the community donation center because they were heavily understaffed for months, as well as working in production for my last few weeks. They claimed I (and other fellow cashiers) had to work in production because cashiers asking for more hours during spring break, so we were sent to work in production. What didn't make sense is that then they purposely understaffed cashiers - making it constantly busy at the tills - to increase productivity, leaving the store a mess the entire day while cashiers who could help had to stay in production...
Pros
Friendly coworkers and great benefits, helping the environment
Cons
Management makes bad decisions, unfair work
This is legitimately the worst company I have yet to work for. Management is extremely disrespectful and condescending to team members, they overwork and underpay workers for their expectations, they treat workers like machines rather than people, and despite having an open door policy they refuse to listen to anyone who isn't a member of management and always end up excusing them of any reports or complaints, where as team members would be fired on the spot without a second to defend themselves or explain the situation. Management tries to hold production members accountable for their own jobs, and insinuates wrongful terminations if you speak out about their tyranny and unrealistic expectations. If I could give this company negative stars I would've. This job does nothing but damage it's workers physical and mental health, they have alright benefits, but that's just about the only thing going for them, as even to utilize your discount or to even purchase any items they must be on the sales floor for 48 hours. They also refuse to listen to your work availability and force you to work shifts even if you've communicated your situations to them.
Pros
okay benefits, 50% discount on soft goods, 30% discount on housewares
Cons
disrespectful management, little pay, overworks, unfair treatment, unsafe work conditions and work environment
most people are very fun and good to work with. they can balance working and also having fun with their jobs or designated task. most employees works there for more than 5 yrs and more.
benefits
This was probably my favorite job I've had just based on the coworkers I had. I also had a pretty odd availability and they were mostly forgiving due to the fact that they always had some form of coverage.
I liked working there but I definitely don’t think workers are getting paid nearly enough for the amount of time and energy we put into work. Hard job
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
in the begining was a great place to work for. very quickly you become just another employee like just a number and managemeng begins to overwork you as well as expect pretty well everything you can imagine from you with no raise in pay nor any type of recognition whatsover
Cons
long long hours, very repetitive and unfulfilling workplace
Dealt with a bit of drama, since i was only there 2 days a week I didn't expect to be dealing with that, overall a pretty lax place, I recommend it if you have no better options.
Pros
50% off store products after 2 days, though I never used it, super flexible with work hours
Cons
Drama, a bit too relaxed
Work load is hard for little payfriendly coworkers, like familylearned a lot about merchandisingmost enjoyable part is working with good peoplemanagement can use some work
Pros
quarterly bonuses
Cons
pay
i would not reccommend working here if u are in school. they are the type of place who when u want part time they give full time hours... and get disgruntled when you dont want those hours ,saying "this will be tough to rework the schedule." has a high tunrover rate for employees under 3 months. even if it doesnt work out for you they want a two weeks letter of resignation if you have worked there for a week. There are some good supervisors and one really bad one. this one isnt very nice to people who do not share the same interests as her. its very cliquey. i received maybe 10 hours worth of on the job training and often got passively agressively talked to when i made mistakes when it was my second day on cash. it really is the kind of work place where if you arent taught it, figure it out.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
little to no training. all of the training is on the fly. high turnover
Probably one of the worst jobs I have ever had. My coworkers were alright at best, majority of the time I felt like I wasn't part of the team. Lots of drama, really poor management. One of my biggest issues is the lack of concern over hazards that can cause long term health problems. Not a single mention of any of the health issues that come with the job, lack of PPE in certain situations while working.
Pros
It's a job with benefits
Cons
Low wage, shotty management.
Management expects things then you get in trouble for doing as they ask . They ask to much and don't help you to get time to do the projects she'd of you. Give you promises they don't keep and say you doing great then something in life happens as you loose a father and a husband same year and no compassion and not aloud to forget things and trying really hard still everyday and working crazy hours at Halloween and getting let down by little respect and pay and never good enough and this is put on to all Management..fire people and don't give them a fair chance and expect alot more than anywhere else for not great pay and never good enough ..
Pros
Good benefits and training programs
Cons
Large work load for not much more pay for management and no pay for the stress ..
Very team oriented, laid back, cooperative, caring work place. Offer benefits, pay for work boots, they work with your schedule if needed. Easy to talk with upper management.
Pros
Benefits, boots paid for, easy going management
Cons
Retail, not guaranteed hours
High turnover of staff due to working conditions. Poor management. Half the floor staff works hard, half doesn't work at all. You are expected to move thousands of items per week. This is an extremely demanding job physically. Staff is generally frustrated and burnt out. You will be subjected to abusive patrons who come in frequently to steal as much as they can and you are not able to address this appropriately due to store rules.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
You will need the medical benefits to have regular visits for pain caused by overexertion.
Supervisors are not treated as part of management, mostly night and weekends offering no balance for those with families. Good training program but very little room for advancement
Pros
Great Team Members
Cons
Low Pay with minimal increases that do not keep up with cost of living
When I worked there it was a fun and productive job. I enjoyed it alot, aside from they did not listen to my needs. I was hired as part time (due to medical reasons I can't work more than that) they put me in for 8-9 hours a day 5-6 days a week. When I tried to talk about it they started scheduling me for more shifts/hours.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Long hours and disregard for overworking staff.
Personally, I liked working there because of some of the benefits and I thrift often so it was kinda a win-win situation, however, if you're not into it it's hard to stay. the managers are often accommodating and easy to work with however some choices made by the store manager are rather questionable and tend to put a strain on staff members.
Pros
discounts