Value Village

2.8Pay & benefits

Found 381 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,027 reviews
donationhalloweenquotaitemstoresaverproductionclothing

Fast paced

Can be a fun place to work but not much room for moving up or raises. And not much flexibility when it comes to days off you want. Also alot of repetitive movements

Dead end job

Poor management, no communication between supervisors. Management will push even the hardest workers to their limits. The harder you work, the more tasks you will be given in comparison to a slower worker. No compensation to make up for working harder or more efficiently than other workers. No sales bonus anymore, so no incentive to keep being pushed by management to reach higher and higher quotas. All managers will talk down to you and treat you like a child if you voice a concern or complaint. Do yourself a favor if you are working there, don't take the job seriously AT ALL. Leave and move on to something better ASAP because team members deserve to actually feel like they are part of a TEAM, not a dictatorship.

Pros

Same hours everyday for full time members

Cons

Management, low pay, poor and overpriced benefits, being overworked, high stress level

Insights into Value Village

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Ok place

I worked there but I say salary is very low and the management counts your every second of work and time shift is sometime very weird. Sometime it's overwhelming. You are on your toe for full time. Lot of work one work finished they assign you next work. Long work no appreciation.only mistakes you noticed. Hard time there

Fun but lack of opportunities for learning.

Overall, it’s a fun place to work. Though it’s physically challenging, I could say it’s a decent job for someone looking for an income while waiting for a better job.

It was an okay job

Very under trained management, no discipline for staff that were regular call ins or not doing things correctly or fully. Barely gave praise to hard working staff on stressful days. Sub management per area did not seem to be trained and let the “power” they had go to their heads. Very unimpressed as I’ve always wanted to work in one of these stores.

Pros

Meeting the other employees

Cons

Bad management, no discipline

Stressful

Management was a little stressful and they were very demanding sometimes. Hours were quite a lot for a part time employee at almost 35 hours every week plus on calls that you were required to have even though you weren't told about them in the beginning. Most coworkers were quite nice but there were some two faced people. The customers were the least favourite part of the job as most of them would complain continuously about pricing and many people would try and steal. Still overall wasn't a bad place, i enjoyed my time when i was on cash beside coworkers or when i could talk and engage with customers at showcase and on the sales floor. Best part about it was the amazing discount you got as an employee

Pros

paid 15 minute breaks, amazing discount, nice breakroom

Cons

many hours, hard to get days off, demanding customers

Environnement de travaille décontracté

Les tâches sont simples mais le salaire est énormément désavantageux.

A lot of work for minimum wage

I’ve been a part time employee for 6 years and am finally leaving the company to start my career. Overall working here is way too much work for minimum wage. You do 10 different jobs with little to no appreciation. The store is huge and always a mess. The mess is left for the closing staff to deal with while the day staff are short handed and can barely cash out or assist customers. Scheduling system is so old school as you’ll have to write in a book to take time off and you don’t know if you get it until your schedule comes out. The team is nice and kind but thats not enough to have people stay. The turn over is very high so you’ll have to help train new staff that constantly come in. The paid vacation and holiday pay and float day pay are great perks. I’d say they are also very flexible with scheduling.

Bien

Bonne compagnie congé les week end salaire aurais pu être mieux,mais bien dans l,ensemble.

Pros

Congé week end

Cons

Beaucoup trop de laissé aller

Meh

It was okay, people working with me were wonderful and the discount was definitely great but upper management needs a reality check. The workers need to be paid a living wage.

Unorganized chaos, great co workers

Extremely repetitive and hard on the body. Not paid a fair wage for how hard you must work. Better off working in a factory for more pay with how repetitive the work is. Raises are far between and small. Poor leadership skills and favoritism. No feedback on how you're doing in your role. Constantly unorganized and chaotic. Will push hard to meet quota and could care less the stress employees are put under with no thanks given unless you're working the tables or are a chosen favorite. Find a better paid job with less stress!

Pros

Great co workers

Cons

Repetitive and chaotic

Dangerous work

Lots of heavy lifting. If you’re going to work here, don’t do it long term. There’s really nothing to gain from working here. I got a concussion and got told I had to work the next day. Lol.

Pros

decent team environment

Cons

zero lenience

The coworkers were the best part of this job but besides that it’s just overall repetitive work

The pay is not worth the work they give you. There was really no training process, you were just expected to know everything after watching a few videos.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Break schedule

Bad management/ Good people

The people I worked side by side with were awesome but the pay, benefits and the work it’s self was not great. Management had high expectations but never rewarded any one who wasn’t brown nosing.

Pros

Cons

Pay, Work conditions

labour intensive

With staff not showing up it makes the job harder for the ones that do show up. Even though the daily targets are lowered if you do more than one job, still feel pressure to out preform. Did not get a raise for my 1 year anniversary due to the restructuring of the grade/pay levels and covid. But now, my grade wage is just minimum. I am a grade 3 which should be making more than the average person walking in off the street. Very dissapointed. My job is very labour intensive and now I am doing 2 jobs as no one wants to work.

benefits

Cons

compared to other production jobs, very underpaid

Dirty work low pay

Work was dirty and pay was low. It was backbreaking. People think they are donating to a charity but it is a for profit business. They throw out good merchandise that doesnt sell because it is priced too high.

Fun Place to Work In

The wage is higher than in other stores and all of the supervisors are nice as well. It's good as an entry-level job and the schedule is also flexible.

Horrible management but good people

My overall experience here was not the best, management was incredibly new, a lot of times our hours would randomly get cut, the open door policy is good on paper, but in practice allows for favouritism and lots of unnecessary stress. I wouldn’t recommend working unless you absolutely have too, besides management the overall crew I worked with was pretty amazing

Pros

Monday-Friday, medical benefits

Cons

Shift cuts, management

Bon emploi

Bon esprit d’entraide entre employés et la direction

Pros

Comprehensif bons avantages sociaux

The managers r not it otherwise it’s a pretty chill

Idk if you enjoy being called slurs and have the company take no actions but you do this is the job for you! Half kidding the job is not that bad if you work with clients if you don’t you might be overworked in the backstore… overalls its just like any other min wage job

Pros

Casual dress code, nice staff

Cons

Bad management, hard to get a raise unless you are a manager

Production room is factory setting - hard work for little pay

Full-time workers don't get paid enough but benefits and profit-sharing is pretty good. Workers are good people. Favouritism exists. Problems are swept under the rug.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Pay does not reflect hard work.

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement