Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Job security & advancement reviews

production management won't praise you for a good job just writes you up for tiny mistakes. Has favorite employees who get away with anything. Belittles you if you're still learning. Production supervisors are the only saving grace
Pros
Supportive supervisors. And half price clothing
Cons
Honestly when I started at value village, I throught i struck gold with my first job, working at a thrift store i loved shopping at. My thoughts we're quickly dashed. All they cared about is Numbers, numbers, numbers and dont give a lick about you. You are treated like the stuff you sort on the table TRASH. Policies change DAILY, so if something was ok one day thatcsame thing could get you fired the next. I had safety concerns when i worked there and when i told them it was swept under the rug. Driving a forklift in a PACKED warehouse, stuff falling over, no dumpster space, trucks not showing up and people yelling at you from production for stuff constantly. I dunno maybe a cashier would be better, but avoid the "Recycler" position unless you want to have a nervous meltdown. Front store staff and alot of production staff are absolute sweethearts EXCEPT for the supervisors. They love to micro manage. AVOID THIS PLACE!
I had such a learning experience. Manager at Penticton Value Village is so fair and works right with the staff. Learned a lot about how Value Village gives back to communities.
Pros
Learning how the donations work.
Cons
LP rules
Staff turn over is high, they fire people for being sick. They will never pay overtime and raises are non existent. The staff is great but management sucks.
If you value your sanity dont do it,i worked at the Vernon store for a long time the manager sucks the life right out of you.is so nice at first and then switches to being a tyrant..makes things up to write you up and makes you sign things you didnt do.just so they dont have to give you a raise .He bullies and harasses people all the time.Supervisors gossip all the time about team members.They favor some people and others they are so mean to.They say they have an open door policy for team members that need help thats a joke also value village management only looks out for managment ,not team members.This is my opinion of value village.ITS TOXIC work place..
Pros
monday to friday
Cons
Managment
Value Village is a great place to work if you are someone who is patient and values learning skills over a high starting salary. There is a lot of opportunity for growth in the company, and if you are okay with investing your time it absolutely does pay off. They truly do invest in their employees as long as you give the same level of investment. They take the time to develop strong leaders and do not define you by any missteps you make, in fact it is encouraged for your growth. You gain retail, warehouse, accounting, and production management skills with this company which is so unique and valuable in my opinion. Commitment, patience, and resilience are the keys in being successful with this company.
I started working at value village January 2020 and I had a good experience there. I resumed work 6am and close 2pm and it was really nice working with them over there
Was repeatedly pushed and shoved by customers.... this place will suck out your soul and leave you a shell of your former self. The manager , insulted many people personally in front of witnesses and then claimed a lack of understanding the English language. The work was fast paced, I liked that. The management claims to have anti harassment policies but they’re not enforced if it’s the favourites that are the harassers. Regular staff turnovers.Training was not given, raises even if you had an outstanding review were pennies..
I worked there for 4-5 years. For the first 2 or so years I absolutely loved it there. But we were always understaffed, our work loads were huge because of this, we received very little praise from management, certain people would do nothing and no one would get them in trouble, whereas the hard working team members would talk to another co worker for 2 minutes during down time and get in trouble. You can move up in the company very easily if you work there long enough, but management is underpaid and over worked as well. Overall just a toxic place to be for a long period of time.
This is a fun, fast paced place. The people you work with make it a great atmosphere. They have good benefits and there is room to move up in the company.
I think as a beginner, its really fun to work with. you'll learn different things in the store. Can add experience especially in dealing with customers and other people.
While working at my specific Value Village, I thought it was a very fun workplace, as long as everyone was doing their job. Which 90% of the time was not the case. The organizers at fitting room didn't organize, the person cleaning the sales floor didn't do it properly, and two of the managers were never to be seen half the time.
When I worked at Value Village I worked within the Production Assembly Line in the backroom. We were expected to make certain quota within certain time-frames that were impossible to make. We would have to lift donation bags that ranged anywhere from a couple pounds to 100+ pounds onto a sorting table. While sorting you have to stick your hands into bags filled with unrecognizable odours, garbage, etc and sometimes even needles and other dangerous objects - although you wore gloves this was still a hazardous job to complete. You had to send certain products down the line and so many numbers of items to hit quota but when you received moldy bags the management wouldn't let that stop you from sending items down the line nor would they understand why you aren't hitting quota - they would make you sort more and longer just to reach numbers - you never knew when you were going to be able to go home.
Pros
Breaks, Friendly Co-workers, Music Playing
Cons
Long hours, Poor Management, Unacceptable Expectations, No Advancement
dont Even bother to waste your time. The only thing value village taught me in a year was how to be treated despicably for barely any pay. Worked for over a year and only received 19 cent raise. Unsafe working conditions, never received proper eye wear and was forced to throw away dangerous and sharp objects. People get hurt here ALOT.
Cons
Its really good to work with team members, very collaborative, helpful environment and positive attitude towards work. Good oppurtunities are given to learn tasks.
Will not review. Confidentiality. Prefer not to disclose good or bad times. I just wanted to update my resume, not praise or bash current or prior workplaces.
Se n'est pas le stressé causer par le travaille qui est en cause mais le stressé causer pour les superviseur et gérante de production.. IL te reproche trop de choses négative jamais ou presque jamais de point positif.. Pour cette raison qu'il y a un roulement continuellement à cette entreprise.Si il avait plus à coeur pour les employer travailler la serais une place merveilleuse
The management were like loving parents that wanted you to suceed in everything you do. The team would always help each other when we had the time so that we can all be on track. It was a great first job experience for me.
I enjoyed most of my fellow employees and working with the public. The manager was not always truthful and relayed information to best suit him. Was promised supervisor position and he never followed through.
Pros
My co workers, benefits, flexible schedule.
Cons
Not organized and poor management
this job is very repetitive I worked here for over a year and I got tired there pay raise is horrible and I had to literally wait until minimum wage to get pay raise and it still isn't enough. they aren't happy to switch and change or fix your days for you. very annoying, don't apply here.
Worst place to work. No advancement, treated like garbage from management. Suffered an injury from being forced to do the same repetitive action for 8 hours straight because I was good at it.
  1. Job Security & Advancement