Value Village logo

Clear
2.9Job security & advancement

Found 273 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,738 reviews

Fun workplace. Management needs work

production management won't praise you for a good job just writes you up for tiny mistakes. Has favorite employees who get away with anything. Belittles you if you're still learning. Production supervisors are the only saving grace

Pros

Supportive supervisors. And half price clothing

My life with Value Village

Value Village for me was more than just a job it was my new career. Unfortunatley my life took me in a different direction and I was forced to leave an iportant part of my life. I loved everything about this company from their core values to there mission. It is an extreamly fast paced high energy enviroment.

Pros

unlimited opprotunites for advancement

Cons

Great opportunity for a city person

Absolutely fit my life at the time. I just wanted to buy a hobby farm or I would have stayed to retirement. I enjoyed merchandising, pricing, team leading a very ambitious team of people.

Pros

very lucrative

Cons

in the city

At the time, management was terrible.

The job itself was fine, the goals at times were a little over the top. The management I had while I was there took a major nose dive after our Store Manager (who opened the new location with us) left. I just hope that manager is no longer there, and the store is doing better.

productive

Team members are hard working, friendly, respectful, and professional. It will give you an opportunity to express your opinion and a room to grow within a company.

Pros

flexible

Cons

far commute

good place

Its a good place as a starter job and the type of job to climb up the corporate chain if chosen too, the management is great, friendly, and professional

productive

When i was hired the store was not opened yet. We set up all the displays and trained for production side of job. I trained for all the positions i was allowed to do. then i trained for the operation side of the store ,which is cashiers.. I was employee of the quarter four times in a row..Then I started training new staff that came in because I knew all positions..

Pros

they gave incentives and profit sharing

Cons

no promotion

nice

Working with this company was very benifical in advancing my mathematics and enlgish, honestly cant say a better company than this one right here yes l

Horrible

Les employés sont traités comme des esclaves, il y a beaucoup d'exigence pour ce travail il faut une bonne condition physique surtout si on travail comme commis à la production, faire 10 à 14 chariot par jours c'est de la folie, en plus les sacs sont trop lourdes, et si tu es en retard pour faire ton chariot qui pèse 1000 lb et que tu dois le finir dans 30 min, les supérieurs vont crié sur toi. Les superviseurs sont la juste pour regardé les employés !! Y a pas de sens de l'organisation. Tu perds juste ton énergie et à la fin de la journée, tu es vraiment épuisé et tout ça pour un salaire minimum!!c'est un emploi pour les gens qui n'ont pas fait des études. C'était une très mauvaise expérience pour moi

Cons

Salaire minimum

Nice place to work at

I only stayed at village des valeurs for three months because i was on stage but it was very pleasant and i got to work retail for the first time, which is what i am interested in

Pros

discount on clothing

Cons

gets boring

Jobs at Value Village

See more jobs

Ce que j'ai appris

Cet emploi m'a permis de comprendre l'importance d'une bonne gestion de l'Ă©quipe de travail

Management could use work.

Worked for a few months and it was great. Great friendships made with the other employees. Management is lacking however. Took a month to receive my first paycheque despite asking for it on multiple occasions. Ended up receiving 3 cheques at once. Fishy. I really loved working as one of the donation ambassadors. Ended up quitting as I did not want to chance waiting another month for my next pay.

Pros

Fantastic Coworkers

Cons

trained employees well for the position they did

I enjoyed helping the customers find what they needed the company had great merchandise that customers looked for. The company trained its employees well for whatever position they applied for.

Fun But Can Be Boring

They always want you to be faster and exhaust yourself. You don't get promoted or ever get a raise. You only get benefits if you are full time. You get fired for not enough hours because you're going to school. Rude Management.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Rude management

Fun place to work

I started out as a part time sales clerk and quickly became a full time supervisor. There's lots of room for advancement, and its a very fun place to work.

Pros

Free Lunches, Halloween season

Customer Service is Key

Value Village was one of my first 'grown up jobs'. I was with the company for two years. They not only have great opportunity for employees but they also better the community in more ways then one would think.

Cons

sale days.

Satisfied job duties

It's a great place to work good hours benefits and I enjoyed my duties. Very rewarding work place clean and bright.. good breaks too... Good for ideas as well, a chance for advancement

Pros

50 percentage off

Cons

Not family oriented

It was a nice place to work, the other workers were really nice and welcoming, they had fun theme days which kept things fun.

Working there was fun and everyday was a new learning experience. I enjoyed the company of the other employees they were very welcoming and friendly. The managers were very good at there job and gave good advice when help was needed. I learned more peoples skills and time management, and organization skills. Overall it was a great first job experience.

Pros

Great customer values and incentive programs

Cons

Nice Company to start your career

A very nice organization with very talented management and work force. You always get motivation to excel further and work hard to reach at the higher position of your career.

as a student this is a perfect job for you.

working here was great while going to school. but after graduation there was not a lot of advancement opportunities. my co workers were amazing but management needs some help.

productive

It was an alright job, only worked during halloween season but it was still a great experience. I enjoyed always being busy it made the time go by a lot quicker.

2.9Job security/advancement