Value Village logo

Clear
2.9Job security & advancement

Found 281 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

Fun workplace. Management needs work

production management won't praise you for a good job just writes you up for tiny mistakes. Has favorite employees who get away with anything. Belittles you if you're still learning. Production supervisors are the only saving grace

Pros

Supportive supervisors. And half price clothing

Cons

Overall, this company was an incredible part of my life and taught me so much.

Working at value village was an amazing experience. I met so many great people, learned what its like to have a second family, had a huge part in the physical aspect of the job, and took part in showing interest with furthering my roll as a team member there. A typical day working there would include a very stressful atmosphere and impatient customers. As well as a store that needed to e cleaned. It was harder on the busy days because impatient customers would get aggressive with us and made the day difficult. I learned lots of customer service skills within my position there and developed a good understanding of the way customers try to work. Another part I found was hard on my body working in the cdc room. It was a lot of physical work and caused lots of stress. Overall, working for this company impacted me greatly and taught me so many useful skills.

Under paid and does not respect scheduling requests

Hired as a part time worker but too often scheduled for full time hours without permission. I am not working full time hours consistently, I do not receive benefits. This employer has absolutely zero respect for days off booked even in advanced and releases finalized schedules as soon as 1 week in advance.

Fun and great learning opportunity

I learned a lot in just the few months I worked, made great strong connections, the discounts are incredible and the people I worked with were really helpful and encouraging. Did a co-op here as well and I learned so much about myself and the company

Encouraged teamwork and was such a welcoming atmosphere.

Everyone was so nice and welcoming. The leaders of this company were very patient towards me. My coworkers were very friendly. This job gave me the opportunity to grow in various aspects: such as in confidence and experience.

Emplois simple de base pour personne n'ayant pas de secondaire

Petit emplois de base pour ceux n'ayant pas d'espoir d'aller plus loin que leur secondaire 5. aucune possibilité d'avancement, et leur devise reste questionnable.

team lead in production

Not a bad place to work, people are fairly friendly with a fast paced environment. Opportunities for advancement with bonuses and sometimes exciting contests to keep morale up. Halloween is the best time to work here.

Pros

fun staff

Cons

cramped work environments

Environnement stressant

Les gérants et les superviseurs ne parlent pas suffisamment entre eux et cela amène la confusion chez l'équipe.

Pros

Bonne formation.

Cons

Manque de communication

Fun environment

Savers is a fun work environment with lots of opportunity for advancement. It's hard work but simple and easy to learn and it's a very fun and positive place to be.

Pros

positive energy

Cons

Hard work

was fun

liked the company, they were flexible a, like working at the Vernon's value Village, gave me enough knowledge to move onto the next job. did not like the management team they communicated poorly with each other and members were always bickering at each other instead of being understanding and trying to be helpful

Jobs at Value Village

See more jobs

sa pourais aller mieux

sa serais si interessant si vraiment opportuniter d avancement serais vrais et l atmosphere serais plus positif et moins negatif envers les employers

Pros

des lunche gratuits des fois

Cons

pas assez opportuniter de carrieres

Very enrishing experience

You get to meet a lot of people and experience a lot of challenges throughout the day. There is a lot of tasks to do but it only improves your multitasking skills. At the end of the formation, you will be able to do practically anything, be it working under pressure, working overtime, teaching a new employee, anything you can think of. I do not regret my experience because I learned a lot over there and made some great friends.

Overall good workplace, learned valuable work experience.

First official part time job, learned valuable work experience that helped me later. Learned how to lead others. Fine tuned organizational skills, customer interactions and cashiering.

Working as a team with respectful manners and positive attitude

Working at Value Village gave me perspective about what it really means to work as a team. I needed help many times when I first started working, I felt that I was a burden to my co-workers because they have their own job to do and did not have the time to help me until they did and kept making feel comfortable enough and confident that I could do it on my own. A few months later, a new employee joined the company. Whenever she needed help I would be there to help her out and give her some advice until she no longer needed help from anyone.

Pros

Free lunches at random times of the week

Cons

Not enough hours to earn more income

it keeps me busy

working at value village is challenging but fun. Challenging because, most of the time we work under pressure. Fun because you meet a lot of people, you could learn something every day that you can apply for your daily lives.

Fun place to work

Overall, had a really good experience with this job. If the management knows that you have the potential to learn more duties, they will teach you and acknowledge you.

Pros

Free lunches at times, benefits, raises every so often.

Cons

Long hours depending on the day.

fun environment

i enjoyed everyone i worked with learning the different areas of the production aspect within the company. and again i enjoyed working with some amazing people

Productive work place area

Value Village was a great experience for a summer co op/ paid program through yes employment. It was a wonderful place to work and it was filed with wonderful people i enjoyed working with.

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Rude customers

Best deals, best workplace.

Excellent company to work for. Many opportunities for advancement. Open Door policy is huge for them, and they take pride in constructive feedback, as a developing company. Very flexible with hours, great staff, amazing managers. Definitely the place to work for.

Excellent place to work

Value Village is an excellent place to work. It can be a very fun environment and every day is different. It is very focused on team work and communication. There are also very many opportunities to grow with the company.

Great Staff

the establishment had very caring staff and great opportunities for advancement within the company. They always ensured you had a great shift with them!

Pros

great schedule

2.9Job security/advancement