Value Village
Savers/Value Village
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Value Village Culture reviews

Work load is hard for little payfriendly coworkers, like familylearned a lot about merchandisingmost enjoyable part is working with good peoplemanagement can use some work
Pros
quarterly bonuses
Cons
pay
All of my coworkers were a wonderful group of ladies! Everyone becomes really close friends and we all treat each other like a family, managers included. If you requested time off you would more than likely get it unless it was Halloween as the last 2 weeks of October are blacked out and you can not request time off during that time. December-March are incredibly slow and you will get sent home early quite a bit. We were understaffed a lot of times too to the point where you might work a 10 hour day or be asked to stay later because of frequent call ins. The only problems I had were I would get a write up if I didn’t get a certain amount of membership sign ups in a week which would be hard to do considering a lot of people are already members so it doesn’t count, and others don’t want to give out their email so it also doesn’t count. I could ask every customer I spoke with to give me their phone numbers but if they didn’t want to attach an email I would not be able to reach my goal of 3% sign ups per transaction. It was a very competitive place as we are a smaller store competing against the other VV’s in the Ottawa area. Operations would always get the short end of the stick and I didn’t feel we were as appreciated as Production was. I worked there for almost 3 years and made the best of friends, but the toxicity of the place as well as being put in the CDC area for a whole season despite not having any training and me saying countless times that I would much rather not, I decided to leave.
Pros
Free Lunches on Sale Days, 50% off discount on clothes, friendly coworkers
Cons
Work a lot of open to close shifts, slower days in the winter months, senior days are always extremely busy
Team members were friendly,co-workers were great but the store manager was incompetent and a bully . He made it a very toxic environment. There was also a lack of communication, so Myself and the other supervisors were contently having to put out situational fires. Management never had our backs me or the other supervisors if any problems Came up. Not a nice place to work at.
Pros
Great team members & co workers
Cons
Store manager
Mon passage au villages des valeurs est incroyable. La relation entre employer est spécial. On se considérait comme une famille. Toujours du fun tout en gardant nos sérieux. Quelques moment désagréable, mais on oublie vite !
Pros
La relation avec les membres d'Ă©quipe et la gestion
Cons
Manque parfois d'organisation, certain superviseur paresseux
I like work value village again I think all members value village team worked and friendly and manager is strong and good, also supervisors hard work in the wear house
Pros
working at Value Village was fun for the most part. There was a great deal of variety in the roles I had which kept it interesting. I enjoyed the interaction with the customers and learning how to manage the cash.
Value Village is a positive fast-paced workplace with good team members and work culture. The working hours are very convenient for me and the benefits that I get as an employee are appreciable.
Super magasin je le recommande fortement car j'ai eu une tres belle expérience
friendly easy to with staff members recommended workplace had a great time doing my coop placement here if I had to work here full time I definitely work take the job
The management team is very supportive and friendly. Its fun to work with them as i learnt new techniques of customer handling according to Canadian culture.
If you dont mind working with recycled items and getting a bit dirty then its a great place to work. Management is fun they have a lot of theme days so fun atmosphere.
Pros
They have social distancing in place.
Cons
Can get dirty at times and daily hrs can be shortend at anytime.
I started as a part-time worker there and I quite liked the work culture and especially the supervisors I was working with they were pretty helpful and supportive in everything I was doing.
I feel that working at Value Village is a benefit for anyone. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and extremely supportive. Its nice to know your regulars and have a relationship with them as well.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place for Team building skills. Fun and collaborative work environment. enjoyed working here because get to meet new faces everyday. Management team super friendly and helpful.
value village is too good and the workers are really appropriate-able so nice and the they to work with those people .. work time is really enjoyable and full of joy
Value Village is a great place to work. From Management down to Team members are all awesome and amazing! The safety of employees are their concern. I love Value Village so much! I miss working with them too...
I loved my job there and I wish I could go back everyone was so nice and fun. My managers were always there to help. Our team worked hard together to make our quotas everyday, it was good hard work
Les employés sont vraiment super la gestions reste amélioré
Very Good place to work at. The pay is minimum wage but the work is stress free. Customers are nice, co-workers are mostly students and very nice. .
I enjoyed working there. It was a great place ti work. The place is friendly and nice. My former boss is great. Mycoworkers were nice and kind. I liked it.
Its really good to work with team members, very collaborative, helpful environment and positive attitude towards work. Good oppurtunities are given to learn tasks.