Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 50 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,734 reviews

Stressful and demanding place

Value was a good experience since we had to deal with a lot, but Id see team members including me run back and fourth getting injured and feeling exhausted just to be treated like we were nothing by the customers. Most team members and female manager/supervisor had to deal with a lot of terrible customers while the male manager/CEO didn't face much. being payed minimum wage for 8 hours a day after we run everywhere, deal with everything during a really busy day while understaffed wasn't fun. The management have to start listening to us since sometimes people who work there dont due their jobs.

Pros

Good co workers, good experience

Cons

Customers, management, safety and health of the team members, stressful

Hard work.

A typical day at work is hard.A lot of work you need to do in short time, and lack of employees.The supervisor is always in bad mood.High employee turnover.

fun and addictive

value village is too good and the workers are really appropriate-able so nice and the they to work with those people .. work time is really enjoyable and full of joy

Disabilities Beware

Anyone identifying with a nonphysical disability please be aware that their medical accommodations are not guaranteed, nor necessarily up-to-par; I had to leave due to misrepresentation of available resources/management willingness... It was a shame because I liked my cowkers and the work most of the time...

Pros

Coworkers can be friendly (time & place/luck provided; no matter where you work)

Cons

Improperly accommodated... etc.

Fun work place as long as everyone did their job.

While working at my specific Value Village, I thought it was a very fun workplace, as long as everyone was doing their job. Which 90% of the time was not the case. The organizers at fitting room didn't organize, the person cleaning the sales floor didn't do it properly, and two of the managers were never to be seen half the time.

Terrible

Terrible staff, terrible management. They give the supervisors a hard time to make us meet quotas. They write you up for anything they can think of especially if you call in sick.

N/a

I enjoyed the people I worked with don't have much to say. It wasn't a bad job. The hours help balance work and life. It had ups and downs just like any other job.

Value village team member

Value village would be a great first job. They accept anybody who is qualified and are very diverse with whom they choose. Not a bad environment, co-workers are very nice and supportive

Nope

Nah, you can do so much better than here, trust me. There's these two team members who are just a headache to deal with and never get in trouble. People have quit/fired but they stay cause they're friends with the store manager. Its honestly disgusting smh

Tables Sorter

Experience may vary depending on location. Often have little to no work, and hours are always cut during the winter from Mid-November into February. There is seldom an opportunity to be cross-trained, especially if management considers you good at your job. There is a lot of repetitive motion, and the Orleans location does not allow for any switching of duties to prevent injuries from repetitive motions. If you enjoy doing the exact same thing for the rest of your career, then this is the job for you.

Jobs at Value Village

Team Member positions
See more jobs

Disrespectful management, poorly run, hourly employees can never catch up

It's impossible for hourly workers to catch up on tasks because the place is constantly understaffed and poorly managed. Employees are routinely pulled away from their primary tasks to work in other areas of the store due to understaffing and call-ins, so primary tasks don't get done. The place is a mess. Sales manager doesn't listen. High turnover for a reason. Work here if you want to be amused by how terribly managed a store can be.

Fun place to work with a lot of benefits.

Supervisors and team members are really friendly, when I first work there. You also get 50% employee discount on clothes, can also get a benefits on medical and dental after 3 months, which is really great.

Lots of team work

You will be working with someone else a lot, so you need to befriend them. The managers are nice, but sometimes they will mess up your scheduling. You need to keep your schedule with you to prove their mistake. Not recomended for students since this job causes a lot of stress.

Good starting job

Value village is a great place. Good to start out. The customers can be weird but hey, that's to be expected. Will definitely come out of this job with some funny stories.

First Job

This was my very first job and they really take the time to train you properly. It was a fun environment and very accepting. I would recommenced it to lots of people to work there.

Such A Family!

The Value Village team is incredibly welcoming and you'll fit in and be welcomed like a part of the family by the end of day one! The regular customers are just as much fun too. This was my first job after coming out of high school and it was amazing... for a little while... Once you really get to know the job management will start placing you in other positions and if they are ever short staffed (which happened just about every day) you will get thrown into every position that you could possibly do and then get reprimanded at for not doing all of your five jobs you've been given in the time frame it would take someone who is doing that one single job to do. Management is wonderful for the most part. (Take from that statement what you will) My one piece of advice for people is don't work the Donation door. Its the most miserable job in the place. If you struggle with mental health issues at all this is not the workplace for you.

Fun

It was a fun place to work and very understanding place to work as well.

Awesome Management

Management gave me the opportunity to work in production and operations when I requested to learn new skills. Although advancement is limited if you're not interested in becoming a manager, the job itself comes with a great team that felt like friends. Coming to work here was enjoyable at best and honestly not that bad on difficult days. Work environment can be fairly gossipy and there isn't yet.n effective way of dealing with shoplifters. Overall I would highly recommend working here. Management treats employees well and brings in treats on busy days or celebrations. I felt like part of a team here. A great job overall.

Pros

Great management

Cons

Limited ability to grow new skills

Unprofessional and immature management

It's an okay first job for students but there are better minimum wage jobs. Management doesn't get paid enough and have too big of a workload so they are always on edge. Managers do not treat their workers with respect, they gossip about workers and customers acting like highschool students. Even if you are doing your work and not causing any trouble, management may still have issues with you that they will not properly handle. If you work on the sales floor they will cut your hours just below full-time so you don't receive any benefits. Save yourself the trouble and the stress and don't waste your time here. This was my experience and my advice atleast.

Pros

Good discount

Cons

Unprofessional management, unrealistic expectations

productive

i learned a lot of staff, there is a lot of opportunities to grow into the company, a good support from team members and management. the most enjoyable part was bbqs.

Fun and positive workplace.

A very good place to work. Managers are very nice and employees are amazing to work with. Customers can sometimes be difficult to deal with. Management recognizes good employees.

Pros

awesome job

2.9Job security/advancement