Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

Busy, Occasionally high-stress, Inconsistent workload

Fast paced work environment, highly dependent on teamwork. The mission of the recycling and charity aspects are a positive aspect but the compensation for certain roles within the company is not commiserate with the level of work.

Toxic environment

Team members were friendly,co-workers were great but the store manager was incompetent and a bully . He made it a very toxic environment. There was also a lack of communication, so Myself and the other supervisors were contently having to put out situational fires. Management never had our backs me or the other supervisors if any problems Came up. Not a nice place to work at.

Pros

Great team members & co workers

Cons

Store manager

Fantasitc place to work!

I loved working at the Spruce Grove location. The store fostered youth as they were starting out in the work place, and the more seasoned staff worked very nicely together. I was able to move up the ladder quite quickly and loved going to work everyday. I worked with young staff to help them construct a strong foundation to build on as they grew and flourished in the workforce, and am happy to still be in contact with many of them to this day. Every job has some negatives so I am not saying everything is sunshine and rainbows....but of all the retailers I have worked at over the course of 20 years VV is definitely a progressive work environment that wants their staff to succeed. I would highly recommend this particular store to anyone looking for employment - A

family

I really loved working at the village. we all became a big family. I would have stayed there forever but. When things didnt go the way the manager wanted they found a way to get rid of you

working at Value Village

Fun environment to work, feels like part of the family. Great team to work with. Understanding and open minded management team. Horrible customers expect best customer service. People don't have respect.

Pros

discounts

Cons

long hours..unpaid for management

Helping community

It is a pride to work at Value Village. With the core values of the company, it is respectful as well as fun working for the company. Me as a people person, have always been successful at maintaining clientele. Professionally acting managers are mentors at all times, which has made me confident to accept challenges and make myself a great learner. I am proud to be a team of Savers/Value Village.

Pros

Discounts on merchandise

Cons

People are great. Store manager is terrible

Likes me gossip about the employees and likes to keep people on their toes by giving clopening shifts. Pretends to listen to employee complaints then goes and talks negatively behind your back.

Benefits

Cons

Terrible hours and availability requirements

Potential For Greatness

Toxic work environment when it comes to management. Team members get a lot of the blame for not hitting sales targets. No room for advancement. Has the potential to do really great things within the community but the company is becoming more and more profit based and forgetting about the community that allows VV to be successful.

Good benefits, unrealistic dealines

Great team members to work with, but management makes the team feel so miserable and over worked that everyone end up wanting to leave. Management is constantly changing their mind and make you feel like you don´t know your job. A lot of pressure and unrealistic deadlines are a daily stress. Benefits could be better in such big company. Terrible environment for those who are allergic. Lots of shoplifters, making you feel frustrated and unsafe.

Pros

Benefits, employee discount, stability

Cons

Unsafe, dirty, very demanding

very busy for summer time

Good environment, the super manager and great colleagues, good conditions to work, perfect schedule, perfect job for students.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

hard work

Jobs at Value Village

Supervisor positions
See more jobs

fast paced job

this is a fast based job, being able to plan and priorities on the fly is an everyday occurrence. I love the team we have put together as well as dealing with the diverse amount of people i can interact with everyday at my job. They give you school equivalent business management training with on the job training. Great place to get experiance.

Pros

team party's, sales bonus, good experiance

Cons

long hours, low wage

exciting and enjoyable

I have worked for this company for one year and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Meeting new customers and learning new things on a day to day basis. Managing my team and helping them grow within the company.

Pros

exciting place

Cons

lunchins

Good Enviornment with potential for growth and good compensation

Good Enviornment with potential for growth and good compensation

Supervisor

My experience here was better as a cashier than mangment. I am no longer with company and i would never do another mangement position there. Jusat wanted to let people know it is a hard position as management

Pros

free lunches

Cons

long hours management did not get paid if there longer

Excellent place to work, within a week they advanced me to supervisor or the Halloween department (all new product) i reached the sales goal so my company benefited from the bonus, i learned how to take charge of a small group of employees, how to schedule them in best to suit there life outside of work and learned how to take charge when needed and how to put aside the friend aspect. there was no hard part of this job i was challenged and i meet it to their satisfaction.

Pros

advanced within a week of working there

Cons

management was going through lots of changes

2.9Job security/advancement