Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews for Sorter

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 2,823 reviews
Productive wnd fun workplace
Roller, Sorter (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 August 2019
Had group meetings every morning with our coffees. Felt like working with a huge family. Always had a smile on my face and had fun working and interacting with customers.
great place
Production/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 April 2019
great people to work for. kind and considerate and enthusiastic. very relaxed yet professional in every way. learned how to take phone calls and book training as well as work for their other owned company H.O. Wipers cutting clothing into rags for industrial purposes.
Pros
very friendly people
An honest job for no-nonsense hard working people.
Merchandise Sorter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 January 2019
Was a merch sorter so I was mainly at the back going through donated goods and getting rid of "junk" (literally some people used to just give rubbish? very sad!)
Pretty awesome job if you like going through mystery bags and finding interesting / cool things to sell. Quite demanding on hands (I ended up getting mild RSI but nothing to complain about) and on your feet all day so you need to be relatively fit for this job.
Everyone that worked here were down to earth and friendly and management were great, couldn't say anything bad about them. Sometimes we even got free pizza lunches and breakfasts too, this was awesome! Shame I had to leave due to starting full time education.
Never work here.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 January 2019
Absolutely the worst place to work. Rude and abusive management. Management screams at workers and are derogatory. This is not how people should be treated at a workplace.
Pros
Cons
Abusive management
It was ok
Goods Sorter (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 March 2018
I really did not enjoy working there at all. I found out my dad was passing away and i felt that they did not care at all. I was really hurt that the manger did not take the time to care.
Pros
I liked the people i work with.
Cons
I did not care for the manager.
fun sorting clothes and linen
Production sorter (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON4 December 2017
helping people find what they are looking for and giving them advice on other products that would go good with the other merchadise they were purchasing
Fast paced, hard work, no appreciation
Production sorter (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 November 2017
Was hard satisfying work, Mostly enjoyable co-workers. Management was shoddy and overly demanding. I learned not to trust management in this company. I did enjoy the work I was doing. Finding treasures can be fun and rewarding
Pros
Decent hours...enjoyable co-workers
Cons
Shoddily managed
Sorted recent donations
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 November 2017
It was a lot of standing, the sorting stations are organized so that much movement is unnecessary. Some donations were just garbage or had sharp/broken edges. There were nice people to work with.
I enjoyed my time there
Lead Sorter (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 May 2017
I always enjoyed coming in to work every morning, it never felt like a job to me. I loved how I was able to make my ow changes to the way things were done, and leave my mark on the company.
managment doesn't have a clue
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 March 2017
they have unreasonable speed expectations if you are in production. very dirty place to work, you are often given household garbage because the Canadian diabetes association don't check the bags before picking them up from the curb.
Pros
cake day
What a mess
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS9 February 2017
Everyone working against each other and good work unrewarded while good employees are punished. A corrupt system run by corrupt people.
Very positive environment, real steady and great place to work!
"CDC Ambassador/Recycler/Sorter/Pricer" (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 April 2016
"Value Village/Savers" was an exciting and excellent daytime job to have. They kept us busy and I was trained in many departments as time went on. The staff and management were very polite, welcoming and appreciative.
it was an alright job
hanger, pricer, tagger, roller, sorter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 February 2016
I worked in production and although the hours were good and I liked getting done work at 4pm every day there were also quite a few things I really disliked about working at Value Village. First off the management was very unorganized and inconsistent. They put me on so many different jobs while I worked there and they worked me to my full potential but didn't pay me a dime extra, even for the more difficult jobs! I didn't feel that was fair. The pay is also horrible. The low pay is the reason why I could not continue working there anymore. it just wasn't even worth getting out of bed in the morning.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
too much back-breaking work for almost no money
Productive, efficient
Clothes sorter (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 January 2016
Fun relaxed environment, the hardest part of the job was when people didn't show up for their shifts. the most enjoyable part was finishing everything on time.
Pros
had pizza parties sometimes
Cons
People wouldn't show up for work
Fast-paced work environment with great teamwork and costumer service
Production Personnel, Sorter and Pricer (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON3 January 2016
Its a thrift Department Store and team members usually sort and price used and new merchandise that supplied by a non-profit organization. It is a fast pace environment, fun and great team work. I learned a lot from this company. I've been trained most of the production departments because my role is to cover any department that is short staffed.
up's and down's
Sorter, Cashier, Donation Accepter, Recycler (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 September 2015
I have been thoroughly trained in almost all aspects of the job except management and i can say with certainty that the job has its up's and down's there will be good days and bad days, now you can say that of every job, but some of the downs are a little lower then I would have liked
Nice to work at Value Village, even if it was only a 1 week temp
Receiver / Sorter (Temp Placement) (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC6 August 2015
Worked in the back room, shipping receiving, sorting through donations, cleaning and maintaining work area.
Worked out on floor and organized books and other donations on sales floor and keeping place clean and tidy.
Pros
Decent pay. Learning what happens in backroom at Value Village.
Cons
No air conditioning in back room.
no fun at all just hard work
sorter (Former Employee) –  edmonton20 May 2015
people were nice friendly if I as to stay in the city I would stay there I recommended too anyone for a nice stay . its really nice not to be around all the noise .
Pros
everyone was friendly
Cons
not many hours
Fast paced,unorganized
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2015
A typical day at work would consist of hanging up to 1700 items of clothing. I learned a lot about clothing and identifying real labels versus knock off brands. I was unsatisfied with the performance of my management. Safety issues were unadressed and employees unsupervised. Expectations were also unclear until after the fact. This position was stressful. The hardest part of the job was the work load and no assistance.
Productive workplace,
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 February 2015
the hardest part of the job is to keep up with the quota every day, with a less then understanding or empathetic manager. the best part of the job would be getting to engage with customers.
Cons
low wages, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers/Value Village. Our community is ready to answer.