Value Village logo
Value Village
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average

Value Village Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

Fast paced environment that takes attention to detail.

Generally each day begins promptly, however tools are not always provided. Management is not always proactive and often leaves staff wandering around to get their needs met to complete their job description. There are opportunities for cross training and that helps prevent being stagnant in one area.

10/10 Job Environment!

Every day I look forward to going to work! This has been one of the only jobs where I have been exceedingly excited to see the staff and customers at Value Village. The managers at the Pembina location are extremely polite, and handle every situation with maturity and professionalism. The staff is fun to work with, and makes sure customers feel welcomed at all times! The company is very understanding when days have to booked off, or when a shift is cancelled last minute. An overall great environment!

Pros

Understanding staff and management

Cons

Few rude customers (very rare)

sales associate

a typical day includes stocking new items and cleaning the already placed stock. Also being on cash is part of the day as well. I really enjoy all of the people I work with, they make it much more enjoyable

I had a lovely experience working with savers, i have nothing bad to say about anybody other then the store manager at the time. other then her this job is ideal for all students.

Pros

pizza parties, quarterly bonus

Cons

Store manager

Horrible work place.

Horrible work environment with negative management. I was constantly treated poorly by almost all of the management and i would never work here again.

Pros

50 percent discount

Cons

Horrible management

Front end cashier sales associate

your basically treating straight up rude, smelly, senseless people like royalty here. They come everyday to complain, and create a MESS like no other. So your job is to deal deal with stupidity and rudeness and clean up after their destructive trail. For some reason people dont realize this is a THRIFT store that sells 95% USED items, and 5% might be brand new, so basically if there is ANY defects like a small pencil size mark, a thread is loose, a almost unnoticeable stain.. ANYTHING... they want a discount because they expect everything to be brand new mint condition. Not only that, value village has rules for no reason, rules are bended constantly for these customers because when they hear "sorry we can't do that", it's a fight. Management is stupid as well, on top of that lazy and slow. They have no problem making people do 500 jobs and just watch while things are too much, like can you help instead of just standing there telling people to move faster? We only can do so much when we are up against senseless shoppers.

Pros

Some fun co-workers to go through the war with

Cons

everything

secure and stable work environment

my job included handling the tills, merchandising, stocking and shelving. We also had to manage the floor. at any given time there were at least 3 cashiers. It was a fun places to work as we worked as a team to accomplish the tasks.

Pros

fun places to work with co workers

Cons

work life balance

Productive And Fun enviroment

A typical day includes starting off with a floor check and maintaining restrooms.Going on to cash and handleing all transcactions for exp.cash,credit,debt also handling coupons and discounted prices if there are any promotions for that sales day.Maintaing all departments clean and organized.Attending fitting room to help customers if no one is there to assist. Co-Workers are friendly and productive it is a team effort everytime I work.I enjoy assisting customers in a polite manner and always providing excellent customer service .Mangement is open and friendly and lets you voice your opinion and takes you into considration.

Pros

Flexiable Shifts

Cons

To Many On call shifts

Fast paced, high volume job with little fun.

A typical day at work depended on what area you were in that day. For instance, fitting room attendants were in charge of keeping their area of the store clean, leaving no clothes in the fitting room, putting merchandise back on the floor. Cashiers were responsible for making announcements and cashing out customers. When it was slow we were to clean the front of the store. If you were doing general recovery (putting things where they belonged or hanging up clothes, general cleaning) it was their job to have the back portion of the store clean by the end of the night. I learned a lot about working quickly and dealing with customers properly. Management was very rude and disrespectful towards team members. My co-workers are the best part of the job, I really enjoy working with them. The hardest part of the job is constantly getting belittled by management and customers, and the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing customers children leave happy when they get a new toy or new clothes.

Pros

Great co-workers.

Cons

Bad management.

Funny workplace

During this time I gained valuable on-the-job experience, including helping customers to find the products they looking for and describe the promotions to them.

it was nice working with other people

I like working with different people. I learned how to do cash handling with customers, and answering the phone. Management was good. All of my co-workers are very friendly and good to work with. There was nothing hard for me in this job. i enjoyed working with customers, and co-workers.

Pros

long lunch hours

Cons

lots thrifts come in everyday

Terrrible Management

Fired staff continuasly because the company was doing terrible, terrible values, very dirty work, blood all over the floor

Pros

free food

Cons

not a lot of hours

2.9Job security/advancement