Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews for Sales Clerk

Found 49 reviews matching the search See all 3,014 reviews
Fun work place and a very nice team member.
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lansdowne, ON27 October 2019
Work in value village is fun, I like it. And the team members are so positive.some times it is supper busy, but it's okay.
Occasionally, the management is not fair.and I love our customers.
Pros
50% off for clothes and 30% off for house ware items
Cons
Sometimes the managements are not fair.
A great team to work with
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 October 2019
What I love most about working here is that everyone is so friendly and there absolutely no drama or animosity between anyone! The work itself is rarely stressful and it's overall a great place to work!
Fast paced and high expectations.
SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 October 2019
Working at Value Village was not the best experience for me personally. It was not the kind of job I would recommend if you are looking for a smaller location with a lot of organization.
Fun workplace with stressful moments.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2019
Great place to work if you're a student/entry level. There are many days where it's fast-paced however, it's a fun and overall relaxing place to work.
Starter job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 September 2019
Coworkers are usually friendly. Management is typically nice when you start but over time becomes rude and don’t care as much about how they treat you. Rules are not followed as they should be and they don’t treat everyone equally. Example being newer employees get treated better and are able to do more than people who have been there a long time. An alright place as a starter job but not an ideal full time job at all.
Pros
It’s a job and you get paid
Cons
Disrespectful team members and management
Poor place to work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 September 2019
While the people I have worked with were generally very nice people and I enjoyed my time working with them, it is a very stressful environment. The environment was very disorganized, and you had to take a fair bit of abuse from customers and upper management. Several people including myself left around the same time.
Pros
Fun co-workers, sometimes free lunches
Cons
Poor management, disorganized, high turnover rate
Fun workplace
Sales Clerk (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 July 2019
It's the people that make this place worth coming to work. Management is great, so long as you show that you have the willingness to learn and the need to grow.
It can be a little hectic at times but it is also a really great place to make new friends and learn new things.
Overall I would highly recommend working here. Management treats employees well. I felt like part of a team here.
Pros
50% Discount, Flexibility
Salesclerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2019
It's a good place to work for anyone interested in retail. They offer plenty of opportunities to advance your position. Like with any customer service job the the hardest part of the job is the customers. Also management will constantly ask for you to sign customers up for "club cards" which tends to be frustrating if you are not meeting the goal set by them. A typical workday is ensuring the floor is constantly tidy and shop able, interacting with customer and providing checkout, attending to the fitting rooms and whatever else the manager on duty asks of. The ONLY reason Savers is a company I've worked at for so long for is the people. I have made great connections with customers and co-workers alike.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Constant calls to come into work often
Friendly coworkers.
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 March 2019
Friendly environment that promotes personal growth as well as company growth. Management and coworkers always help each other improve in many ways whether it be training for a new position or something to make work more accessible.
Salesclerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 February 2019
Great place to work, everyone is very friendly.
You get to meet new people every day.

I love working with the full time ladies, they are always willing to help and answer any questions you have.

Management, always happy, greet you with a smile every single day. Very easy to talk to and to answer any question you may have.
Pros
friendly staff, monthly potluck's
Cons
staying after the store closes to clean the store
Good management, fun workplace, co-team members are fun to work with
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 February 2019
I had a productive working experience in this company. Managers were nice and considerate. I enjoyed customer service. I got recognized multiple times for excellent performance, and it boosted my self-confidence in doing my job as a sales clerk. I enjoyed working with my co-team members, as we all shared common interest in this field. Suspicious thieves sometimes were hard to deal, but I always let my managers handle them by bringing them to their attention once I recognize them coming in to the store.
Pros
Free lunch on occasions
Hard work if there are only 4 employees for the day
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 November 2018
A typical day at work would consist of the store being extremely busy and we would never have enough employers to keep the store clean at all times. Instead everyone is that the cash register while 2 people have to sort through the clothes at the fitting rooms and the other has to clean the whole store by themselves. Apart from 2 managers the management was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see all the seniors shopping.
Pros
30% off of your purchases
Cons
Unpaid lunch and sometimes annoying customers from the Dartmouth general
Horrible.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON31 October 2018
The team was HORRIBLE. Every other month they were hiring new employees, and the new employees were getting trained by other new employees, so it was a mess, the team wasn't organized, nor did they know how to keep their at home issues AT HOME, they were always bringing it to work and putting it on other people, and always having a negative attitude and starting drama in the workplace that never got resolved. I was in high school at the time I started this job, and after the summer I was forced to quit because they were trying to get me to work during the school day, and after telling them countless times I can't work until I'm off school, they still scheduled me for morning shifts, so I was constantly calling and telling them I can't make it because of school, and I ended up getting in trouble because I used up all my sick days and kept calling in BECAUSE THEY KEPT SCHEDULING ME DURING THE SCHOOL DAY. I'm just happy I found a passion for fashion and retail, not for Value Village though.
Pros
Finding a passion for fashion and retail
Cons
Almost everything about savers.
Productive workplace
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 October 2018
Value Village offers a welcome to anyone willing to work regardless of color, ethnicity, religion or social class. It is a good place to learn work in the sales area and helps to know different cultures.
Complete training at the entrance to the company
Pros
easy access
Cons
high rotation
Excellent Workplace
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 October 2018
The co-workers are super friendly
The work environment is fun
Supervisors and managers are friendly and go out of their way to help you or the customers
productive atmosphere
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 August 2018
I have been working at savers company for a period of 2 weeks I liked the idea that the company is making profit by accepting donations on behalf of big brothers and then sell them .I think the company has a great approach to make use of donated items.
Pros
All the staff members treat everyone respectfully
Cons
working with unclean clothes
exciting and challenging job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
taking care of clients and taking responsibilities as a caregiver , housekeeper is very sensitive in terms of safety, need to assure that i am providing an excellent service to satisfy first myself and to become really confident , these employment was great , i applied my knowledge and I learned something new everyday of serving them , all are great
Pros
very loving family
good for a beginner job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 July 2018
working at value village is quite fun. you get good hours and its never a slow environment you would always be on your feet moving at a fast pace especially around Halloween and Christmas time.
Fun place to work
SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 February 2018
Overall, had a really good experience with this job. If the management knows that you have the potential to learn more duties, they will teach you and acknowledge you.
Pros
Free lunches at times, benefits, raises every so often.
Cons
Long hours depending on the day.
productive and fun place to work at
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2017
it was a good experience to work at this store. I learned how to be determined. Management was great. The hardest part of the job is working night and being a student as well. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting free pizza on sales day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers/Value Village. Our community is ready to answer.

Savers/Value Village Reviews by Location