Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 127 reviews matching the search See all 1,925 reviews
Better manager
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MA2 November 2019
The job is very stressful the manager is very hard to speak with if there a problem or you just need to ask a question it turns into a lecture the rules are different everyday and there is to much favoritism and when you are on register and u need to use restroom or anything else like a manager for an aproval it can take ftofro a min to ten min for them to come help then the line get very long and the turn over is every month people leave
Good starting or second job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MN16 October 2019
Repetitive and depending on who was working I have to bust my tail off just to make sure everything gets done at the end of the day since my coworkers slack off.
not a great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MN4 October 2019
this was one of the worse places I have ever worked, they don't care about their associates. The place is gross and never is clean, I wouldn't work there.
Excellent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CT1 October 2019
Great place for teens who are ready for the work force. It’s a place where you get your feet wet in the world of the work force. Management is great as well as the co workers. The environment is inviting and pleasant.
Na
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GA26 September 2019
N/a job pays minimum wage. Management is lazy. Know opportunities to move up and grow with company. Manager does nothing all day and expects employees to respect him.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Valley, WA12 September 2019
when i was first hired it was great had fun during halloween season. Very easy job with fun coworkers. The only thing i dont like is being cut on hours.
Pros
wearing costumes in October
Cons
cut in hours.
Store Manager very unorganized and unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MA7 September 2019
Store is corrupt. All supervisors complain about store manager but afraid to take action. Cross training with no raise. Expected to work all departments with no raise or help. Unfit working condition, from broken dolly's to ripped working gloves. CDC department has been falling apart. Even though it is the companies focus this year, Savers repeatedly miss treats, under staffs, and disrespects hard working employees. NOT RECOMMENDED
amazing environment and atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CA6 September 2019
Savers gets pretty busy, you have to learn how to be fast and detail oriented. It was great getting to know customers, and other employees. It truly felt like a second home at times.
Fun atmosphere and great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR26 August 2019
It was a fast paced, yet fun environment. My immediate supervisors were great people and helped out in any way they could. The experience was great especially customer wise, with the volume of store traffic it really prepared me in the best way to continue my career journey.
Pros
Fun people, great customers, employee discount
Cons
Upper management was hard to get along with and treated people poorly
A typical day at work/Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CA22 July 2019
Savers management is decent, it could be better. The cleanliness of the store overall is not adequate. Workplace culture is diverse and pleasant. The hardest part about working in Production (vs Operation) is working in a fast pace and making sure you hit the amount of piece per day. There is a lot of repetition, and repetitive movements. It could become stressful at times, but management makes it a little easier by buying us food on occasions.
Don't work here unless your just getting out of high school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NY9 July 2019
Don't work here you will go no where management doesn't know what there doing or knows how to communicate will tell you one thing and someone else will tell you anothor also they will expect you to do 5 things at once for little pay because they don't want to hire more people
A very busy store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MA7 July 2019
The dressing room was a very busy place. I liked being busy, and enjoyed most of the customers. Some of the staff were very nice, some were very insensitive to people with disabilities. The store itself was very busy and and there were some staff who didn't work as has as the other staff. The Supervisors were wonderful, very caring and supportive of the workers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nothing that I can think of.
Management are bullies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS1 July 2019
Management doesn't understand that people have lives OUTSIDE of work. If you get sick, they act like it's a big deal when you don't come in. Their favorites are the people who come in ALL THE TIME, even if they ARE sick, and make it known. When the bigwigs come in, they spend most of their visit with the favorites and the rest of us are left in the dust.
When a serious problem emerges, they'd rather stick their heads in the sand than fix it.
Not recommended for the mentally or physically handicapped. If you're severely disabled, they let you do you job. But if you're MENTALLY disabled, they harass you and threaten to write you up if you have to leave due to an episode.
Typical retail work with reasonable pay and holiday events, but with some needless employee drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MN27 June 2019
We had very welcoming staff and peers. The corporate hierarchy made certain aspects of productivity more challenging but overall it felt like a good environment with lively holiday events. There were minimal problems aside from a bit of unnecessary drama between the back-end production workers and the front-end sales team. There was a slightly toxic "us versus them" rhetoric going on during my time there.
Busy workplace with slot of donations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA19 June 2019
Would clock in and start working it's usually busy then would take my break clock back in and knock the rest of the day out left because of the bad customer service there and things just wasn't in order to me
Pros
30mins break
Cons
No good help
Great staff and management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tigard, OR17 June 2019
The overall work place was nice. Complaints got heard and fixed. Working here is nice, you get to know the workers quickly and it’s like a big family.
Pros
Pot lucks
Cons
Communication
I enjoyed my coworkers everyone was friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NH5 June 2019
Although I enjoyed the people that I worked with and it was a good company to work for, there can be quite a bit of shoplifting that goes on and that was frustrating for me. It was also difficult with my school schedule to get out of work at 11 and drive 25 miles home.
Pros
10% off everything
Cons
Too far from home
Training is lacking. Lot of favoritism but fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM28 May 2019
Work is physical & fast paced. Great diacounts. Training is lacking and if mistakes are made in register your fired!. No option to move to another position. Liked job while it lasted.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Training
Very good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MO1 May 2019
I worked here for about 8 months. Had to be one of my favorite jobs i’ve ever worked at. I was just a cashier, yes it was pretty busy on week days because it was slow and nothing really to do but stand there or fix up the floor. On weekends it was crazy busy and always something to do. Pretty fun because i’m a hard worker. Sale days were crazy, most stressful days you will ever be at, mostly if you are closing since you have to clean up the whole messy store and fitting rooms. My managers were amazing. One of them did favorite some of the workers but I managed through. The other 2 were amazing and great people all together. Very helpful if you have an issue, they always will figure it out since i have always dealt with being bullied when a co worker was bullying me they helped with it. I miss that job a lot. When people called off last minute it sucked because ur screwed but my managers usually helped out.
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
busy and stressful
Great job for high schoolers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, IL19 April 2019
The job was very easy. People were friendly. The job duties were very simple to pick up on. Relaxed environment. Definitely enjoyed it as a first job.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Had to work weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers/Value Village. Our community is ready to answer.