Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Personally, I liked working there because of some of the benefits and I thrift often so it was kinda a win-win situation, however, if you're not into it it's hard to stay. the managers are often accommodating and easy to work with however some choices made by the store manager are rather questionable and tend to put a strain on staff members.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Terrible management. Zero respect, yet they don’t like it when you defend yourself or others. Harassment at its finest even if you email HR, they won’t get back to you. 9/10 staff members are more like family They do not care if customers treat you poorly
Pros
Discounts and frequent customers
Cons
Management refuse to be retrained
I started working here since 2017, I have no problem to my co-workers and supervisor, they’re sooooo nice and helpful. But the store manager is really strict when it comes to work well i understand him but the thing is he make his own rules in the store that’s why it’s more confusing. He always check camera’s in the office so he can see a lot of team member who’s truly responsible. The only thing I don’t want with him is the way he talked behind’s back, he doesn’t direct you the problem. Been working here almost 3 years but I haven’t receive salary up ... I mean it’s only increasing cents .. also if you don’t have patient to other this is not for youu..
Pros
Long hours, fun workplace
Cons
No salary increase, rude customers, too many rules for employees
I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.
Pros
None, don’t work here.
Cons
Everything, management, co workers, environment.
Management is awful. They don't care about how you feel. I was hired and only told after I started it was part time. I never applied for part time. I applied for full time. They told me they don't hire full time which is a lie. Would never recommend this company to anyone, ever.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Management, everything.
fun place to work with plenty of interesting people and staff, scheduling can be really tight at times but overall I would really recommend them! Make sure you know what you'll be doing, I have been moved over from a cashier to a cleaner which wasn't what I was expecting upon return to work.
Pros
Great Work environment, understanding managers, fun place to work
Cons
tight scheduling
The staff definitely made it feel like home. The management on the other hand was very unstable, they constantly kept loosing good supervisors and hiring new ones. A lot of the people who end up in management realize that their just given more work for not that much of a raise.
Pros
Discounts on clothes ( I was a fashion student at the time)
Cons
No free meals on horrific sale days
I operate cash registers and fitting rooms and help with general upkeep of the storefront throughout a shift. Managers are very kind and allow you to be independent. I enjoy the community and the store-regulars.
Pros
Discounted clothing
Cons
Fast-paced during holidays & sale days
Loved everyone there but get use to people steals it's a constant issue in the store and people just messing up the store for fun Halloween is my favorite time of year at that store it's very family oriented
I worked here for just over 3 months, and I almost had a mental breakdown. Mind you I have anxiety, but I just could not get used to the extremely fast-paced, never-ending stress. This location was particularly poorly managed, so I can see the job being less horrible if managed better. Several employees would always try to talk to me about weird uncomfortable stuff, when I clearly was already stressed. Doesn't help that it was always dirty and smelly, and had bad music playing. :/
Value Village is a decent place to work with good coworkers and mangers that seem to genuinely care about your well being and work-life balance, however it is minimum wage with low hours due to over hiring.
a typical day at value village starts with a meeting of what the goals of the day and the manager will use this time to assign jobs. After the meeting, you will begin work at your allocated department until the end unless you are needed in another department. I have learned how to become more communicative with costumers during my work at value village. Standing all-day is by far the hardest part of the shift but is bearable when you meet lovely costumers who talk and crack jokes which could make your day.
Customers treat this place like garbage and you will end up cleaning up for hours before you're allowed to leave. You're worked like a dog and the environment is so dirty
Honestly, its not a difficult job, there are lots of friendly workers at the village as well as friendly enough customers. Its a good starter job for people
I had a great work experience working here the people were nice met a lot of people helped me expand my customer service skills a lot had amazing management would recommend this job to some who likes clothing & donating.
There have been countless times that management has screwed over their staff. Whether it’s cutting hours, or writing you up for being late by 1 minute or sick for a day, they are right there to make your life miserable. The life will be sucked from you if you start working here.
I personally worked at the Rogers rd. site and once they switched management it made the job impossible to keep. There was a front end supervisor harassing me and when I tried to tell management I was ignored. Sadly, that being said I decided to leave Value village and continue with my studies as my main focus. I look forward to a better job hopefully as rewarding as this one first was.
Pros
Workplace employee to employee dynamic.
Cons
Long hours, physically demanding, terrible management
A typical day at Value Village consisted of helping customers check out and cleaning the sales floor. Though cleaning can be hectic at some points, it is not hard to do and the customers are very appreciative. Management was kind and helpful when you have questions and the co workers are the same.
Still new but so far its one of my best experiences, lovely helpful managers to co-workers, everyone knows each other and are good friends. Diverse and you feel free to express yourself
Day to day work was usually the same thing. Management is awesome. Workplace culture everyone was easy to get along with and always positive! Most enjoyable part of the job was well the discounts but the management was spectacular it was like a second family
The hours were Monday to Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm if you worked in the production area (the back). Management would treat you like a friend then come after you if you had one slip up. Often they were very unprofessional with how they spoke to employees and expected too much. Coworkers had no respect for others, it was basically a fight everday you went. No pay raise till after year and it was a very small raise.