Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Recycler

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,734 reviews

alright workplace friendly staff all in all good place to work

terms deemed resellable are displayed for purchase in stores. Savers also has a recycling program and attempts to recycle any reusable items that cannot be sold at the stores, as well as any items that do not sell over a period of time to make room for fresh merchandise. Savers has buyers for its recyclables throughout the world and attempts to keep as much donated product out of the waste stream as possible

It was a fast paced environment and a good company

it was a good place to work, the job was hard but you always had something to do. the managment was nice, if you needed and answer they were always able to help you. the hardest part of the job was we were always short staffed, so we always needed more time.

Pros

always a chance to get a bonuses

Cons

being short staffed

Meh

It's an okay place to work if you NEED the job. Besides having full time hours of 7:30-4 and monday-friday it's not very enjoyable. Pay scale is too low for the expected work. Hazards all around the warehouse, and it's a very unsafe work environment in general. Management doesn't care for your safety or well being, they just want you to make quota. Lots of drama within the workplace which all leads back to management putting lots of stress on everyone to work harder. Best part of the day is at 4 o'clock when I get to leave, lol. What I learned from working at Value village is that I have lots of patience, and that's something you need if you work there.

Pros

Fun with coworkers, full time work

Cons

Bad management, Low pay, High stress work environment, Lack of training

The best ever.

Everything was great, discounts, great people, great customers, and awesome management. The only problem was one manager whom every time felt threatened would get really close to your face, and I mean within kissing distance. Sometimes it was his finger, and honestly if I hadn't lost my temper..

Pros

Everything.

Cons

One manager who literally sticks his finger in your face, then gets offended when asked to back away.

fun but stressful

company is now out of business partially due to intense competition but also inablitity to properly manage individuals managing some of the store locations.

Pros

staff discount, free promotional items

Cons

Good coworkers, good cause.

The people I worked with were friendly and outgoing. The management team listened when we brought things to their attention.

Pros

non profit company, charitable.

Cons

difficult to move up the ladder.

One of the worst placed I've worked

I've done plenty of labor related jobs in the past and I've never worked for a company that cares less about their employees. Minimum wage for production and recycling workers even though its a labor intensive job, lousy benefits and impossible to reach bonus incentives. Raises were laughable and insulting. There is barely the needed amount of safety precautions in place, hazards are everywhere. Staff is not supplied with all they need to do the job safely and efficiently. Management is hostile and condescending towards staff, favoritism is rampant towards select staff. The work environment is poor and moral is almost never up. Do yourself a favor and don't bother applying for anything related to working with this company. Best part about the whole job was the steady hours and the few decent staff that worked there.

Pros

Steady Hours

Cons

Low pay, Poor and unsafe work environment, Bullying management

hardworking, fast paced and down to business

My experience at Value Village has been a very interesting one. I loved the hours we would work. The way you would be so busy that time would go by. The people at Value Village I have to say new the word team! We would always work together no matter what it was. We would motivate each other. It was a real pleasure working their.

Pros

Full time hours

Cons

Heavy lifting and cold weather in the early morning

Hecktic environment

Ensuring the constant flow of product through the store without fail

Tiring work conditions, no room for advancement

Fun place to work, until management beats you down with verbal abuse. Has potential to be a great place as the work itelf is a challenge, but too many unprofessional, unsafe and harrsing conditions.Place has no issues with leaving the fire exits covered in snow(back exits) no respect to work safe conditions as per labour code of Canada. Will not fire someone for not being of value...must keep around for months nd essentially abuse the person to the point of demoralizing there values and beliefs.Discrimination runs rampant. Promotes a welcoming environment, but does opposite. Turn over rate is horrible, yes, some have been there for years, but those ladies are also the ones who are in favor of management through personal relationships.Overall, place has its good moment, but the negatives far outweight the positives tenfold.

Pros

mon-fri 8-430 shifts, weekends off(must work the odd weekend)

Cons

horrible management skils, supervisors are untouchableable, unsafe work conditions, low pay, no room for advancement, inproper training for said duties, unreasonable expectations of staff, ungratefulness towards its employees, and dare i say, unethical business practices to the point of breaking criminal laws.

Jobs at Value Village