Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Recycler

terms deemed resellable are displayed for purchase in stores. Savers also has a recycling program and attempts to recycle any reusable items that cannot be sold at the stores, as well as any items that do not sell over a period of time to make room for fresh merchandise. Savers has buyers for its recyclables throughout the world and attempts to keep as much donated product out of the waste stream as possible
Hated working here was in and out of the office because few people didn't like me. Had to apologize for things not my fault or didn't do. And management was joke so was safety
Pros
Get treated like trash
Cons
To many to list
Very busy in the back room but it was a fun kind of challenge. There is opportunity to grow within the company if you apply yourself. They are always slightly understaffed so it is difficult to get time off.
Honestly when I started at value village, I throught i struck gold with my first job, working at a thrift store i loved shopping at. My thoughts we're quickly dashed. All they cared about is Numbers, numbers, numbers and dont give a lick about you. You are treated like the stuff you sort on the table TRASH. Policies change DAILY, so if something was ok one day thatcsame thing could get you fired the next. I had safety concerns when i worked there and when i told them it was swept under the rug. Driving a forklift in a PACKED warehouse, stuff falling over, no dumpster space, trucks not showing up and people yelling at you from production for stuff constantly. I dunno maybe a cashier would be better, but avoid the "Recycler" position unless you want to have a nervous meltdown. Front store staff and alot of production staff are absolute sweethearts EXCEPT for the supervisors. They love to micro manage. AVOID THIS PLACE!
i start at value village about 3 months ago.This place in all my years of working must be the worst place i have ever worked at. management really bad if you dont KISS there behind you dont stand a chance in staying. my review of this place in bridgewater ns is its a SWEATSHOP AND THERE PAY STINKS
Not worth your time only minimum wage for the amount of work being done as a recycler you are under payed for a company as large as savers/ value village that can't even pay a living wage lots of favoritism and people you work hard our often very angry because there's nothing worse then watching lazy people being rewarded for not doing anything and management doing nothing
The store I was at wasn't in it for the employees, we were expected to meet quotas, and if you were fortunate enough to be able to keep up, or help someone that was falling behind, that now became part of your new daily job duty. Everyone had a " that's not my job." mentality. Too many people thinking they are special and deserve preferential treatment at the expense of other employees whom were promptly terminated, unless you got preferential treatment from management.
Correct calme mais beaucoup moin stressante que au iga
Always never sure of job security. It's all about the numbers nothing else. Management is always ruled by unjust and unfair regulations by their American counterparts. Making you sign documents without giving you a copy. Telling you that you cannot tell people what happens there. I think they should be crushed and sued.
Manager would not make eye contact, unsafe work conditions, was not provided steel toes as promised nor was I given other PPE. They treat you like you will leave because of the high turn-over rate which is unprofessional and counter productive. Did not feel valued for my hard work. Also was not paid on time! Go figure. DO NOT WORK HERE.
I used to wake up and love going to work , management was poor and they made sure you felt like you were smaller then them . Their were a lot of good days but near the end the bad just outweighed the good . It was starting to be to much for even my young family, they all say family comes first but when the bottom dollar was involved Nothing really mattered. The management sucks the goodness and the hard work ethics out of young people because they want too or whatever the case may be . It'll always be a mystery now.
Pros
Great co workers pretty fast pace, profit sharing, christmas dinners
Cons
poor management, short hours for full time, worked randmom sundays, curtain people didnt get schedules, made stay late by the end of the shift without being discussed with first
Enjoy the people i work with but management of the store is a bit chaotic. They also tell you of advancement but never follow through. Hours are put in for one reason and completely changed last minute for completely different reason.
typical fast paced working environment. lotsa good looking chicks mostly woman except the 5 recyclers they were males including me very good team 30 people in a medium warehouse sorting tables bailers for clothing and a lot more
Pros
free lucnhes coffeee breaks
Cons
7 till 4 the shifts were long and sometimes had to work sat or sun for stat
A typical day at work was very high-stress physical labour, with very little time to work on any one project. We were required to rush and multi-task quite frequently I learned how to operate a forklift Management was disorderly and had little to no preparation in a few circumstances. The workplace culture was fast paced and high stress. It was very labour intensive and there were very few people doing the many jobs they were directed to. I really liked the people I worked with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
The job itself
The company itself has great values. However, the management team at the Medicine Hat location does not look out for their staff. The staff is treated as just another number and not human beings.
- Hard work bordering on overwork - I learned to work hard in a supervisorial position with no additional pay or authority so those under me didn't have to actually listen to what I said also for low pay - Friendly but only slightly helpful - Everyone worked hard and was usually focused on leaving or various charities - Continuing going to work - Going home and getting paid
Pros
big on commuinity projects and charities
Cons
long hours, hard physical work, chronically understaffed
Working at Value Village can be very rewarding but also can be very difficult. No matter how well you do it is never good enough. Years ago I would have recommended working for this company but not now.
Wasn't a great place for a career but okay as a temporary job. Management could never understand someones life balance. Were not very encouraging and had no room for advancement.
Dirty and very small work environment with a very demeaning management team. I found the staff miserable, you are pushed to exceed your quotas every day by management, and its supposedly a "non profit". Very big disappointment with this company.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
Very poor working conditions
it was a good place to work, the job was hard but you always had something to do. the managment was nice, if you needed and answer they were always able to help you. the hardest part of the job was we were always short staffed, so we always needed more time.
Pros
always a chance to get a bonuses
Cons
being short staffed
It's an okay place to work if you NEED the job. Besides having full time hours of 7:30-4 and monday-friday it's not very enjoyable. Pay scale is too low for the expected work. Hazards all around the warehouse, and it's a very unsafe work environment in general. Management doesn't care for your safety or well being, they just want you to make quota. Lots of drama within the workplace which all leads back to management putting lots of stress on everyone to work harder. Best part of the day is at 4 o'clock when I get to leave, lol. What I learned from working at Value village is that I have lots of patience, and that's something you need if you work there.
Pros
Fun with coworkers, full time work
Cons
Bad management, Low pay, High stress work environment, Lack of training