Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Receiver

A typical day is i arrive for my shift we have our team meeting to get our assignments for the day then we break off to do whatever is asked i learned to be patient with indecisive customers and to inform them the best i can on any product they may be interested in, If I'm not knowledgeable on the item i will put them in touch with someone that is.
Cons
management
friendly easy to with staff members recommended workplace had a great time doing my coop placement here if I had to work here full time I definitely work take the job
Horrible treatment of employees, the managers are not capable of understanding others jobs which leads to constant issues between employ and management.
Pros
Cons
hard work minimum pay
My direct supervisor was very good but the store manager was awful, one of the most ungrateful bosses I've ever worked for.
I found management to be excellent in skills such as hiring team members who fit the job and fit in with the team. I enjoyed the friendly open door attitude of management and felt i could always workshop and plan new ideas with my employers. Opportunity for advancement in the ways of further training and supervisor roles are many and available to those who wish to take them. the most enjoyable part of my job there was the feeling of really helping people especially our elderly customers, by providing carry outs etc. the hardest part of my day would be receiving shipments of donations from the Canadian diabetes association, trucks had to be offloaded as fast as possible and often meant missing a break to remain efficient. i enjoyed and felt i fit in well with the business casual culture of our workplace. the only frustration i had was the firmness of scheduling and difficulty negotiating days off as i worked full time and was one few team members able to operate machinery like a compactor or baler. overall a positive learning experience and i was sad to leave and pursue school.
Pros
great customers, lots of regulars
Cons
very demanding psychically, very dirty work
Met customers and receiving donations from 1 bag/box to a few truck loads. Stacked them on assigned carts and transported to production area. Management at the store was exceptionally great. Easy place to work for. Co-workers were very knowledgeable and helpful when needed. Hardest part dealing with the low wages trying to support a family of 4 children. Most enjoyable was giving the customers a great experience when coming to the store.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Low wages
Picking car parts to ship to the dealer ships.Co-workers were nice, Learned how to use the RF scanner for the first time.