Value Village logo

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Found 49 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,734 reviews

Friendly environment

Work load is hard for little payfriendly coworkers, like familylearned a lot about merchandisingmost enjoyable part is working with good peoplemanagement can use some work

Pros

quarterly bonuses

Cons

pay

Great team members.

I enjoyed my time with value village, the team members are all great. Management- no communication, not alot of structure. Very fast paced, time efficiencies and company standards adhered to..

Pros

Fun days, benefits

Cons

No overtime, rate of pay didnt reflect hardwork and dedication to store and its core values.

Great place to work, fun staff events, great deals on products.

Work hard every day Learn how to do different work in different departments. Management has open door policy. Co-workers great people Getting everything done on time daily can be difficult, but can be done when Teamwork is involved. Working together as one big happy family Teamwork at its best.

Pros

Great Benefits

Good coworkers and supervisors, hard working

Always on my feet and working, must multitask and be organized. Interactive with coworkers and keeping morale up. As well as assisting customers when approached.

Pros

If fulltime, good benefits

Cons

Long hours, laborous work for little pay

Production: overworked and underpaid

A high-stress, extremely corporate and toxic work environment. Words by my co-workers: "I can't imagine another company that would put a bag of donations above someone's safety." "Sometimes I just go home and cry." "I have never felt so under valued and under appreciated."

benefits

Cons

stress, safety, physical health, mental health

Nice benefits, hard work

If you are planning to apply, take this into consideration; having worked in both areas of a store, I recommend the front end of the store. Of course, working with the public can be hard and stressful, it's nothing compared to working in the back area. Depending on the location and the management, you have to prepare yourself for high performance and meeting set quotas each day. You do get some information on how items are priced before they reach the sales floor. And see some of the 'garbage' that people donate. Many of the others you work with can be very friendly. It can be a fun place to work, but be careful of what you say. One of the great benefits is getting discounts on the items you buy. But you have to wait 48 hours after it hits the sales floor before you are able to consider buying it. The customers get first choice and pick. I would consider myself lucky if an item I wanted to buy was still there after the 2 day waiting period.

Pros

discounts on merchandise

Cons

language barriers, 'I rate' customers

I loved working here mostly because of the people I worked with

I loved the people I worked with including management. It wasn't a high paying job, but it was a job I love going to everyday. I even left for a period of time for a higher paying job but found that, I much rather work at a lower paying that I love then a higher paying job that I didn't. I would have never left Value Village if my circumstances didn't change. Great company to work for!

Pros

too many to count. fun, learning something new, the people

Cons

low pay, too far for me to travel

Stressful , not a place I would reccomend

The job per Se is a great job, interesting to say the least, it's the unethical treatment from management which is deplorable. You are given a high goal to do in your shift, if you can not attain that goal you are threatened with the loss of your job. Considering the nature of the donations that is not always feasible, quite often you are dealing with pure garbage or unacceptable items. Broken dishes, burnt or filthy pots and pans, small appliances that don't work. How ever that is not an acceptable response when questioned as to why you didn't achieve your goal. Most enjoyable aspect of the job was seeing all the neat things come in especially the antiques.

Pros

benefits, paycheque, co workers

Cons

being threatened with the loss of your job if you don't reach your goals

would work for them again if one close to home

loved the people, and the job. normal frustrations as in all jobs. learned so much and will use these skills no matter where i go.

Pros

had free lunches and othe staff functions

Jobs at Value Village