Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Production Worker

Work load is hard for little payfriendly coworkers, like familylearned a lot about merchandisingmost enjoyable part is working with good peoplemanagement can use some work
Pros
quarterly bonuses
Cons
pay
Worked there for over a year. Work was fast paced and difficult, management always expected more from us. Raises were yearly, up to 3% generally, but you rarely maxed out. When minimum wage would go up, you'd be back to making about the same as the new hires.
Pros
Discounts?
Cons
management was hard to satisfy.
I worked at value village for two weeks and I had to quit immediately. I worked as a production associate where I sorted through thousands of donations. It’s a literal sweat shop. Management gives you unrealistic goals and quotas and we work ourselves to the bone and barely get any positive feedback. The job will literally kill you.
Pros
Consistent schedule, have weekends off, nice co workers
Cons
Management, toxic environment, underpaid
Not as great as they pretend to be. Too much work and definitely not paid for it. They will try to take advantage of you if they know they can. Says one thing but does another, very secretive.
Pros
Benefits and weekends off
Blind leading the blind is their training method here when you work in this place. You have a laziest managers and supervisors that pretends to know everything. All they care about is you reaching your job quota and sales so they get their bonuses. Also, managers and supervisors pays favouritism when it comes to staff and who gets higher hourly pays.. Most employees who has been there for over two years still gets minimum wage. If you do get a little pay raise, manager will talk to you not to say anything to others. Also, management don't trust their employess and question them when they call in sick. Seriously, do work here and see what I'm talking about.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes and staff discount
Cons
Too many to list but basically they will treat you like a slave period unless they like you.
This is legitimately the worst company I have yet to work for. Management is extremely disrespectful and condescending to team members, they overwork and underpay workers for their expectations, they treat workers like machines rather than people, and despite having an open door policy they refuse to listen to anyone who isn't a member of management and always end up excusing them of any reports or complaints, where as team members would be fired on the spot without a second to defend themselves or explain the situation. Management tries to hold production members accountable for their own jobs, and insinuates wrongful terminations if you speak out about their tyranny and unrealistic expectations. If I could give this company negative stars I would've. This job does nothing but damage it's workers physical and mental health, they have alright benefits, but that's just about the only thing going for them, as even to utilize your discount or to even purchase any items they must be on the sales floor for 48 hours. They also refuse to listen to your work availability and force you to work shifts even if you've communicated your situations to them.
Pros
okay benefits, 50% discount on soft goods, 30% discount on housewares
Cons
disrespectful management, little pay, overworks, unfair treatment, unsafe work conditions and work environment
The co-workers were great but management was a joke. They had no respect for their employees and treated us like robots. Not accomodating for disabilities. Poor training. Worst job I've ever had.
Cons
Poor management, Stressful, Extreme Expectations
I think time is precious thing so we should make the best use of it. So don’t you even bother to waste your time here. Overall everything drama worst management I have a ever work and such a dirty environment
Pros
Nothing., time waste
Cons
worst management
Probably one of the worst jobs I have ever had. My coworkers were alright at best, majority of the time I felt like I wasn't part of the team. Lots of drama, really poor management. One of my biggest issues is the lack of concern over hazards that can cause long term health problems. Not a single mention of any of the health issues that come with the job, lack of PPE in certain situations while working.
Pros
It's a job with benefits
Cons
Low wage, shotty management.
If I could give less than one star for management and the actual job, I would. Just like the other comments management doesn't care about you as a person, they care about their numbers and money. For example: I had a drs note to take time (1week) off due to an illness; once the week was up I got a call and was advised that it would be smart to come back to work. Basically telling me that if I didnt come back that my job might not be safe... Also, If you ever work here be prepared to get written up for the stupidest things. I posted a post on my personal private Facebook account; 2 hrs after posting I get paged up to the office. Turns out a coworker showed my boss the post and I got written up for "talking ill about the company". My Facebook never stated where I worked, and I didn't tag the company. It was just an absolute stupid reason to get written up. The only thing I enjoyed about working here was my coworkers and working during October because that's the only time you get to have fun since we used to be able to dress up everyday. If you want to work here, I recommend asking to work in CDC or as a Cashier. Do not work in Production under any circumstances. THIS COMPANY IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST THAT I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!!
Pros
Discount and coworkers.
Cons
Management, poor salary, poor working conditions
Jobs at Value Village
Production Worker positions
See more jobs
Just don’t do it! Dishonest and sneaky management. A handful of good people who work hard. The others ruin it for the good people. Very demoralizing for those of us with a strong work ethic. The amount of waste is awful. They do not give back to the community they only cate about making a profit.
Pros
A few good folks
Cons
All the lies
Hiring manager was rude and unprofessional with first thing said on phone being "what do you want?" in a haughty tone and a dismiss "I'm busy, call later." She also did not reply to emails. Was left on hold for over eight minutes only to be hung up on by someone who couldn't be bothered to say more than "that's not my area." Absolute waste of time. Would not recommend applying or speaking to the people who work there.
production management won't praise you for a good job just writes you up for tiny mistakes. Has favorite employees who get away with anything. Belittles you if you're still learning. Production supervisors are the only saving grace
Pros
Supportive supervisors. And half price clothing
Cons
management sucks all they care about is themselves and bonuses at the end of the year. I believe a change in management will allow them to be a better place of work. This has been my worst experience ever.
The store manager is a bully and consistently belittles her staff. If you like being talked down to like a child, than you’ll like this job. Many unsafe practices happen here and nobody seems to care. You never really know what you’re doing as one manager will tell you one thing, and another will tell you something completely different. There’s a lot of pressure to fulfill quotas and if quota is not met, they will make you work on your day off to make up for it, often with very little notice. The only real benefit is the friendships you make along the way.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Store manager, safety issues, low pay, communication between management
At the start it was nice and I was very excited to work here but slowly it just got worse and worse. First of all, the production workers enviroment is comparable to a sweat shop and the dust build up is insanely unhealthy. Sorters go through heaps of garbage, included but not limited to feces, mold, rotten food, used hygieneproducts etc. Without proper protective equipment. They frequently underpaid me and tried to argue with me on many occasions. Any and all sick days needed a doctors note and even with a note they would reef you out. Management here is horrific, every manager is on a power trip and they have no idea how to run a crew efficiently and humanely. I went home crying from this job many a time as the managers have zero sympathy or understanding and expect you to work like a robot for minimum wage.
Pros
I worked with good people but we all had the same complaints, everyone i worked with has left as well
Cons
Quite literally everything. I cannot say enough bad things about this work place.
I actually loved my job at Value Village. its very fast paced and physical, but you can learn alot and train in multiple departments. Managment could be better, head office is unrealistic when it comes to sales and quota, large work load, low pay for the job but great benefits. Discount is awesome, overall it is a good job but it is hard work for pretty low pay.
Staff turn over is high, they fire people for being sick. They will never pay overtime and raises are non existent. The staff is great but management sucks.
If you value your sanity dont do it,i worked at the Vernon store for a long time the manager sucks the life right out of you.is so nice at first and then switches to being a tyrant..makes things up to write you up and makes you sign things you didnt do.just so they dont have to give you a raise .He bullies and harasses people all the time.Supervisors gossip all the time about team members.They favor some people and others they are so mean to.They say they have an open door policy for team members that need help thats a joke also value village management only looks out for managment ,not team members.This is my opinion of value village.ITS TOXIC work place..
Pros
monday to friday
Cons
Managment
Fast paced team oriented. Benefits minimum wage pay and often will have hours cut. Very hard to move up in the company as it’s so fast pace it seems people’s abilities are often over looked
This is a fun, fast paced place. The people you work with make it a great atmosphere. They have good benefits and there is room to move up in the company.