Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Production Supervisor

Production Supervisor: Daily reports, schedules, training staff, coaching. Making sure that company protocols and policies are applied on a daily basis.Running hourly, daily, weekly and monthly reports to hit quotas. Problem solving daily and making sure that all staff of 25 plus are properly trained and understand their daily job duties.
most people are very fun and good to work with. they can balance working and also having fun with their jobs or designated task. most employees works there for more than 5 yrs and more.
benefits
More physical than you think.staff are pretty good and so is management. Definitely underpaid. Fun especially during halloween. Decent hours if your in the back (before covid) .
it has its ups and downs. Lots of stress some days but we are working on making a better environment and hiring the right people. It’s a very fast pase job! And takes a lot of physical work I actually hurt my back for doing the same movement for over a year. As management we care about employees and their personal life. But sometimes co workers feels like they are just a number! And makes even words to rwañizw thy they are we all are! But to the main and news office managers ñ! So that’s good we ought for me to keep being a vv TMbut not to me. So I truly do my best to make them feel appreciate .just a number and it hurts me. When I realiza they are right.health.
Used items based business, need to check if any allergies u have in advance. Customer service is most important in any factor as any other retail business.
You have a quota you need to hit which changes every week. Management doesn't communicate very well with each other, unclear directions are given with no reason as to why some changes are happening. Very bad management training but the team members have a very thorough training course they go through.
A very low salary & demanding stressful workplace, Management is not good, slow career advancement, Management our not respectful & values our not being instilled from the management & all employees. I worked here for many years, until i left because of really bad experienced.
Toxic environment, false promises for advancement, favoritism for those who do not deserve promotions, low pay rate, cold working conditions , stressful pressure by management to meet unrealistic quotas , always understaffed
I have nothing good to say about this company except that the discount was pretty awesome and so are the people. That’s really the only reason I stayed. You get in trouble for taking on too much work when you have no choice but to because they’re too busy to hire.
Not worth working here, they stress you out until you have a full on breakdown and then they won't do anything about it except ignore you. They'll laugh in your face if you tell them you've faced discrimination.
Pros
Sometimes you get food
Cons
Everything else.
been working with the company for 5 years got a promotion and was treated equally to others would recommend to others in the future. Also good location.
I worked for Value Village Courtenay for 3 years. 2 years as as a production supervisor. They pay so little most employees cannot afford a car and share rides or walk to work. As a supervisor and a single parent I was paid $15 an hour which barely paid the bills, raises were about 25 cents an hour annually. Thankfully I was able to get a hamper at Christmas. I worked hard, and was verbally recognised for my ability to meet targets and manage labour. I was not considered for promotion because my single parent lifestyle had me using more sick time than most as any time I needed for my child, or appointments was taken out of sick pay. I was eventually fired for going over my sick time while I had the flu. I was even told by the district manager at one point to deliberately make friends with stay at home mom's so they could watch my kid for free as some sort of legitimate solution to my "unexcused absences," This company cares about profits only. The same year I had a hamper at Christmas my store made almost a million dollars in profits. We were given paper $25 gift certificates as "bonuses" that were listed on our paycheques as pay and we paid tax on them. If you didn't use the whole thing you did not get change back, and they expired in March.
Pros
50% discount on clothing
Cons
Hostile culture, no work life balance
I worked at Value Village for 4 years, on and off, and it certainly had its ups and downs. However, it is exactly what you would expect from a large corporation with locations worldwide. One positive note is the flexibility for part time workers. Management is typically very accommodating for students who can only work x amount of hours a week. Some questionable decisions with regards to management personnel but such is the case at many companies.
If you can handle a fast paced, hourly targets, this is a great place to work. The work life balance is wonderful. I enjoyed mt time a Value Village immensely. I viewed it as a treasure hunt everyday and learned a lot about how to recognize quality items. Good benefits, base pay but yearly increases based on performance. One of my favourite jobs ever, but I worked at stores with amazing bosses and co-workers.
Pros
free lunches on sale days, great employee discount, fun people
Cons
mold, dust and other, bad co workers
A great place to work, good training, benefits, good staff, good management. Treated fairly, good teamwork, good support, community culture, customer service oriented workplace.
Company keeps goods that are able to be reused out of landfills and by reaching daily quotas from warehouse they can supports non profit organizations in the community by supporting their causes
Value Village for me was more than just a job it was my new career. Unfortunatley my life took me in a different direction and I was forced to leave an iportant part of my life. I loved everything about this company from their core values to there mission. It is an extreamly fast paced high energy enviroment.
Pros
unlimited opprotunites for advancement
Cons
If your looking for a fast paced environment, and strive to exceed your expectations you'll love working at Value Village. it's rewarding and pushes you to exceed your goals.
Pros
Benefits, Bonus
Cons
Down time
I worked my way up from production team member to production supervisor. I have enjoyed my time working here. The work is fast paced and there's always something to do. I love that all donations we recieve are weighed and paid for to the charity we work with, and how much recycling we do. The only thing I diaagree with is that production team members are paid the same starting wages as cashiers when the job is extremely harder.
Pros
Fast paced, team work, good for the environment and charities.
Cons
Pay not equivalent to work.
This is a very easy place to work, job wise. But the staff and management are very clicky. If they do not like you, you know it. They treat you poorly and with disrespect. I enjoyed working there, for the customers and learning about retail.
Value Village was very accommodating to my schedule as a student, numerous promotions are possible if you have the drive and display a specific skill set.