Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Production Manager

Work-life balance

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,715 reviews

Worth it if you want a steady job.

Team atmosphere is great. Company pushes production workers too hard but you'll enjoy it if you like goals and a fast pase. Room for advancement if your willing to learn. Positive attitude is key to dealing with the quotas and stress.

Absolutely loved the environment and the team members I had working for me were like family.

Once promoted to Production Manager a typical day was very busy, first thing in the morning was making sure that all the team members have done am stretch and then are in their dept. doing morning maintenance which is every item on the sales floor is put back in the proper dept. After am maintenance the team starts to produce their items and putting 4-8000 items to the sales floor in a 8 hour day. I would have to check merchandise prices and work/train team members into other departments. I also completed annual reviews and handled merit increases. I also planned fun activities and tried to retain Team Members in a production room which was apparently hard but my 1st year I had retained 87% of my team.

Pros

All the bonuses and how accommodating the company is

Cons

Not being able to go back down to a team member after being in management

Absolutely amazing company to work for

I loved work n with Value Village.. The company truly believes in their team members and believe in developing they're people ... I miss soo much being at Value Village and just wish that I personally could handle the work life and personal life but was too much for me. Maybe some.day in the future I will be strong enough to do both

Pros

Monthly lunches, sales bonuses, amazing discounts, positive happy work envirobmeny.

Cons

Hard work lol

Great opportunity for a city person

Absolutely fit my life at the time. I just wanted to buy a hobby farm or I would have stayed to retirement. I enjoyed merchandising, pricing, team leading a very ambitious team of people.

Pros

very lucrative

Cons

in the city

Fun place to work with opportunities to move up quickly

Value Village is a great place to work. Great benefit package, profit sharing, quarterly bonus opportunities. Production is a fixed schedule of 40 hours a week!

Always changing environment, and always learning

My days are very busy because we are dependant on donations and Non-profit partners to get product to the floor. It is a production environment where Team Members need to work efficiently by getting a specific quota out daily. We have a specific way of merchandising and managing the salesfloor in order to keep it shoppable for our customers. I manage 30 people daily and the most challenging part of that is to keep them motivated to achieve their daily/weekly quotas. We constantly are watching to ensure that TM's are following best practices and working at a steady pace. The best part of the job is how much we recycle as a company. Most of what we don't sell, gets recycled and sent to 3rd world countries for reuse. The company also has a very good work/life balance.

Great production team work

Starting of the day I make agame plan to ensure that every dept is being taken care of with atm. Will have a meting with the production team for what is expected to be done for the day. Throughout the day will touch base which each tm by coaching on pricing, items put out and to answer any question each tm will have. Will look at reports and have a mgmt meeting with my 2 production supervisor.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

At the long hours

Management very supportive

Timelines and lots of attention to detail. Great support from corporate office and regional managers

Pros

atmosphere

Cons

redundant work

A day in the life of Management

Great company to work for, They do many great things for the community. A typical day would be arriving at 7:30am, reviewing the previous days sales, schedules, trucks and quotas. We would then have a morning meeting informing the team of the previous days goals that were hit. It is a fast placed enviroment with alot of different departments to learn. The most enjoyable part was the team members and the customers. The hardest part was not hitting our quotas and telling everyone we did not get bonus when they all tried so hard.

Pros

Alot to learn, and you feel good about what you are accomplishing.

Cons

No security

Very hands on, efficiently run business

I have 32 team members and one supervisor that reports to me. The team members' jobs are to get items to the salesfloor efficiently. Every department has a quota to make in a certain time frame. The hardest part of the job is keeping all the team members on track. They require hourly follow up, constant coaching on the spot, then recognition when consistently hitting their goals. I have to maintain a great working relationship with my non-profit partners so that we can have product delivered to our stores on a consistent basis. I work closely with the Front End Manager to maintain a shoppable salesfloor and providing excellent customer service while ringing in a transaction or taking in a customers donation.

Pros

Monday-Friday 7- 430

Cons

Inconsistent product delivery to the store

Jobs at Value Village