Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Production Associate

Found 47 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,734 reviews

Fast paced and you come across some interesting things

This is a fast paced and interesting place to work. it is definitely more focused on the number of products you can get out rather that the quality of product or the state the product is in. This is a challenging place that has great management but has groups of employees that are friends that can make you feel isolated if you cannot or wont fit into their groups. you will want to make sure you opt in to the protective masks provided as just about anything in any state comes through the production floor.

Unsatisfactory workplace

The managers there were rude and treated people poorly. There was workplace harassment with coworkers and it wasn't handled to their procedures. I would never recommend working at Value Village. I don't even go shopping there anymore either.

Don't work here lol

The managers are incredibly rude to both staff and customers, and racially profile potential shoplifters. They do not pay well enough for the physical and mental toll that the job takes.

good people and good for temporary work.

the coworkers you'll have are awesome people and this would be a good job for someone to do over the summer or a semester off from school but not for long term.

Enjoyed being a production team member

I punch in go to my work station, Diligently sorted all incoming clothing merchandise and arranged them all on hangers, organized bedding and clothing products on store front and provided exceptional customer service.

Pros

2 15 minute break 30 minutes for lunch

Cons

No over time, must work on sale day no choice

Terrible Management

When I worked at Value Village I worked within the Production Assembly Line in the backroom. We were expected to make certain quota within certain time-frames that were impossible to make. We would have to lift donation bags that ranged anywhere from a couple pounds to 100+ pounds onto a sorting table. While sorting you have to stick your hands into bags filled with unrecognizable odours, garbage, etc and sometimes even needles and other dangerous objects - although you wore gloves this was still a hazardous job to complete. You had to send certain products down the line and so many numbers of items to hit quota but when you received moldy bags the management wouldn't let that stop you from sending items down the line nor would they understand why you aren't hitting quota - they would make you sort more and longer just to reach numbers - you never knew when you were going to be able to go home.

Pros

Breaks, Friendly Co-workers, Music Playing

Cons

Long hours, Poor Management, Unacceptable Expectations, No Advancement

Learnt alot within thrift store industry

Fast paced, never boring for you're always on the go! Fun team, great experience! Low salary but great bonuses and perks! Perfect hours! Weekends off!

Value Village

In a fast-paced work environment with high stress and quotas to meet for sales, the team members really support each other to reach their best potential no matter what.

The worst job I ever had

The worst job I have ever had very unsafe they don't care about their employees only unreachable quotes just before last break Will tell you no break because the company wants to cut hours end up still being there 8.5 hours 4 supervisors can be on the floor at any given time standing behind you micromanaging with a clipboard rating you, power struggle amongs supervisors

One of the best workplaces I have worked

With the majority of workplaces I have been to, here is great atmosphere. I connected with co-workers as well as with the management. It is like working with family away from home. They worked along with me when I had health/family situations. They guide you to better success within the workplace rather then making you feel bad that you couldn't do something. They try to promote and make you feel like every accomplishment matters (which it should, but not all workplaces do this). I enjoy working here with how much they try their best to recycle everything. I find the hardest part is being on your feet all day when you start, get comfy shoes for walking/standing all day.

Jobs at Value Village

Production Associate positions
See more jobs

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work would start off very busy with housekeeping books area from previous night. Place was usually busy with interaction from customers who showed a lot of interest in books and media. I learned a lot about production and having to meet quotas with tight deadlines. Management were very interactive and supportive. The workplace culture was multicultural and everyone got along during work as well as lunch and during breaks. The hardest part of the job was sometimes rushing to make quotas and the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and colleagues.

Pros

Dressing up in Halloween Costumes

Cons

Not enough hours

Not amazing.

Worked at lethbridge store 4 yrs, loved it! Calgary's chinook store is terrible. Very unsafe, messy, disorganized production room. Prod. Manager is very disconnected from her employees and avoids telling you straight up and throws her supervisors under the bus to avoid looking like the bad guy. The quotas the company expects from their employees is ridiculous, especially for the housewares team. Everyone who works there is in a constant state of stress and anxiety and it is over all a unsatisfactory place to work. Not to mention they most likely will pay you just above minimum wage for a 40+ hour a week job that you have to work your butt off everyday in fear of getting written up or fired.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Low pay for work load.

Fun and busy workplace

Met a bunch of great people and had plenty of fun at the work place. Super busy which makes the time fly by. Helpful team, and management, and plenty of encouragement. Feeling of accomplishment after a full day of work.

Fun workplace but management is inconsistent

I had fun with my co-workers and learned a lot about customer service and team work. Management can be inconsistent in what they say to do and how to do it.

Production Value Village

Fast pace environment with with a time and quota and a target to hit everyday

Great teamwork environment

Working at this Value Village I found very pleasurable, staff is friendly and helpful. Management is very approachable and you do feel as though you've been heard when discussing anything with them. Salary is minimum wage to start, they do have good benefits after your initial probationary period. There is plenty of room to advance if that's your desire. Job culture is nice, not too much back stabbing or gossip.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

low wages

Negative environment

Don’t do it! Management only cares about numbers, never consistent, minimum wage job for a lot of work and being pushed to your limits. Employees are blamed for low sales and for the quality of items donated. During training you’re told you get quarterly bonuses but not told only if sales are really high.

Pros

Monday-Friday

Cons

Management and blame game.

bad management

managers don't care much for the employees, the pay is not worth the amount of work you do and most customers are rude. training process takes a whole week where you watch boring videos.

Pros

pizza on sale days

Cons

BAD management

Great place and great people— insanely high standards

While this is a great company to work for that has amazing benefits and values, I was unfortunately suddenly let go after two months because I couldn’t meet the processing standards that they expected. I believe this was because of the short amount of time I was given, and the fact that I was trained wrong in my position at the start. The processing targets are very high, multiple workers there have told me that even they don’t meet them on the daily after 2+ years of experience there. Even though I had an unsavoury experience, Value Village is a great company, just a little rough around the edges when it comes to flexibility around their daily processing targets.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

High standards

Fun somedays, A nightmare other days

VV will hire just about anyone so if you're really looking for a job value village is a good place to start. I had a really good manager (at times) at my store but last year we had a few changes and received a new manager who loves to cut corners a lot, even to the point of breaking their own safety rules. I left because things were just going downhill, no passion from supervisors and management, pretty bad working conditions at times and little to no hours. We used to hold events such as free lunch, BBQ, and activities for all the coworkers just to name a few but those were non existent with the new manager. There a lot more I can say but I'll just keep it short. The coworkers were amazing, they were the main reason I kept pushing on and staying. Management now is terrible, same with the supervisors minus a select few (this may vary from location to location) they used to have a great coverage but now its completely different and not really that useful unless you decide to spend the rest of your life there

Pros

free lunch, Flexable, Nice Coworkers, Flexible break times (only as production)

Cons

Poor management, Poor supervisors, questionable work conditions(depends on area), May overwork you without even realizing it

Souless place to work

So much gossiping,from staff and management. Management and supervisors are extremely disrespectful It's all about working you to the bone Never work here

Pros

Benefits, fulltime

Cons

Everything else

2.9Job security/advancement