Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Production

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,734 reviews

Loved it until new boss

This was a cool place to work it. A lot of hard jobs but manageable. I got to learn a lot. Management for good for my department but the store managemwnt was horrible. He would bully people. He was stalking me and making me feel uncomfortable. Made me do the worst jobs.

Typical retail environment. You'll be overworked and underappreciated.

You're expected to always do more. Work harder, not smarter would be an appropriate motto.Worked there for a little over a year and a half. No performance review, no "thanks for doing a good job", nothing. I gave two weeks notice, and actually expected an exit interview. No surprise, there was no exit interview. They obviously didn't care why I was leaving, they just wanted to get the next person in.Typical day involved processing incoming materiel, sorting an average of 1200 items, and getting the items to the floor.Air flow was minimal, causing me to provide my own fans for the workstation.Talking with coworkers is frowned on, as it's distracting.After a year and a half of working for minimum wage, with no positive feedback from management, it was time to leave.Benefits? You get what you pay for. You can sign up for group health benefits, but it comes out of your pay cheque. Employee discounts (20% - 50%) on items that have been on the floor for 48 hours or longer. The employees each start the day by looking forward to quitting time, so it's not exactly an uplifting environment.The only positive feedback I received was from fellow employees. The majority of them try to do all they can, and try to take a little pride in their work. At the end of the day, they're reminded that they can be easily replaced, and left with the feeling that their job is meaningless to management.To be fair, management just wants everything they can get for as little as they have to pay for it. The workers want all they can get for the least amount of effort they can put out. -

Pros

production employees work fairly fixed hours, Mon to Fri, with occasional Sundays

Cons

constant lifting, stationary workstation, standing on a flat concrete floor for 8hrs a day

If you love to get screwed over, this is the company is for you!

You can give them the world yet always pick their questionable favorites. With that in mind more or less, with the insane amount of favoritism if you are not in their main line of friendship you will get the worst shifts, treatment, and in-store rotation periods. Management is all insanely uneducated and untrained. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Good for students

You are treated as if you are in highschool. Working in production in the back you are constantly watched by back supervisors. When moving out to the front watched again by front supervisiors. Savers which is their parent company pushes how they are giving back to the community. ITS a sham. They are in it for the Money only. promoting their company.

Too many supervisors but good for a short term applicant.

Too many supervisors. Constantly was told to do different things at the same time. Management does not co-operate well together. Management works well with availability but does not incorporate the amount of hours given. Enjoyed the job and would recommend for a short term job.

Unfair treatment

Unfair treatment, theres alot of favoritism at the Chatham Value Village. And they allow employees to get bullied, then fore them for using then open door policy

Pros

Made a few good friends despite

Cons

Being Bullied my fellow emplyees, and unfair termination

ok

The visions behind VV is great. I simply wish for people's hard work to be recognized. Management and co workers are fun and respectful. If able to switch between tasks during the day while in production, that may boost the moral of the workers. So they dont stand in one place all day.

Fun workplace, odd policies

The people working at value village are fantastic. The overall management however is not the greatest. Be weary if you speak a language other than English, they do not like when you speak your native language either on the floor away from customers or even on your break time.

Fast phased

Good schedule, labor intensive, fast phased, reasonable management, should improve team work in all departments, with benefit, and performance recognition.

Pros

benefit

Cons

stress

a busy place of work

Always keep yourself busy with sorting goods, hardest part of the jobs it is very dusty and even you keep your place tidy and clean the dust is all over the place.

Pros

you can talk while working and people are helpful

Cons

working on weekends, that are not paid overtime.

Jobs at Value Village

Production positions
See more jobs

Its a fun place to work.

I worked for Value Village for over ten years and I miss my family. My store closed and i didnt want to transfer to another, instead I settled. I would like to work here again.

Pros

sometimes free lunches.

Cons

overtime

Unrealistic expectations

Don't care about staff. Mandatory shifts not told about in interview. Worked 33hrs a week when agreed to 25 on hiring. Pushing for quotas all the time

Pros

Cons

Unrealistic expectations.

Not worth the time

Will hire outside rather than developing talent from within. Has different dress code for regular staff and management, fostering a intense hierarchical structure. Management does not receive effective training in professionalism and supervisory skills. At the very least, is an appropriate place to work if you have little to no job prospects absolutely anywhere else.

Pros

discount, dressing up for 2 months

Cons

everything else

Great group of employess

the staff i worked wither here were amazing, the only complaint i could have is the dust and allergens, as well as the work and life balance as some days we were required to work weekends even though upon hire it was stated to be a mon-friday day shift. however the management team as well as the employees were a great crew to work for and with and it has a family friendly crew and you always felt like your fellow employees become family.

value village

Always busy. I learned about how to work in a team, that communicating clearly is important to finish the assigned task. The management is excellent. work culture is you have to be fast.Hardest part of the job is during holidays, we need to achieve the quotas on time.

Pros

you longer hours of break.

Cons

Work sometimes can affect your health because of the used clothes being sorted.

Very good

Love working for the the best place to work team player. I get along with everyone there. Good benefits good bonus. A very good environment to work in..

Mental health killer.

Always changing things. If things are going good, there will definitely be changes to make sure everyone is miserable and don't want to show up for work. Everyone dreads going there every day but we need the money to survive. And the music they play is just depressing and kills people's spirits instead of motivating us to work hard. It'll make you want to curl up in a ball and cry or sleep instead of work. The majority of employees who have mental health issues (which is a lot), have admitted that this job and it's management has contributed greatly in making their situation worse.

Pros

It's a job.

Cons

Everything.

Fast paced entry level retail job

It's okay for a first job, surprisingly fast paced for a retail gig. Production hours are great and Monday to Friday. Benefits available after a few months. It helps to be a little quirky to fit in with the work culture. Very friendly staff.

Pros

Quarterly sales bonuses, fun coworkers

Cons

Halloween

Abusive Place to Work

I worked in production and saw favouritism, job advancement went only to a select few, harassment, abuse - yelling, calling names, shoes thrown at other members and racism. Unsafe conditions to work in. Management are either incompetent or bullies or both. The job causes stress, stomach aches and medical problems. A rat was found in the front and no one moved it for days. Since they changed the sorters to another location, the main store is a junk yard. Customers complain how messy the store is.

Pros

close to home

Cons

being treated like a human

I enjoyed working production because you are always busy. The management team is great as well as the co-workers. The customers are the most enjoyable part for me. The hardest part of the job is repetition.

Pros

good hours

Cons

taxing on mind and body

Environnement désagréable

En rentrant, je devais aller vérifier le plancher de vente pour enlever le ``dead stock`` sois les produit qui ne c’étaient pas vendu des semaines précédentes et enlever les produits qui ont été mal roulé de la veille et si possible en replacer quelque un en 1 minutes par barre et en faire environ 30 barres pour retourner en production avant 9H sois souvent vers 8H30 pour commencer à relouer les nouveaux vêtements de la journée. Je fessais donc rouler toute la journée et cela ne devais pas me prendre plus de 20-25 minutes pour rouler tous les produits. Le problème étant que je devais courir dans le magasin pour placer les différents produits qui sont classés en plusieurs catégories et par moment les étiquettes n’étaient pas claires donc il y avait des confusions. Je n’avais aucune possibilité de développement. Ils refusaient que j’aille des possibilités ce qui m’as personnellement fâché. Le management étais à mes yeux pourrit. J’ai eu le temps de comparer deux méthodes de gestions. Une semblait bien fonctionner et était logique et l’autre étais totalement l’inverse et la superviseure était à mes yeux ultra stresser. Certains de mes collègues étaient d’accord avec mon point de vue et mes collègues étaient tous géniaux. J’étais en production et certain d’entre eux m’ont soutenu en cas de besoin. L’aspect le plus difficile de la job était de se faire intimidé, c’est le seul mot que j’ai pour décrire ce qui était dure et ce n’est même pas au niveau physique que c’était dure, mais au niveau de mental. Le point le plus facile de la job était d’être avec les clients. -

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Trop forte exigences comparer au salaire, forte pression de production avec un manque d'outils

2.9Job security/advancement