Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Operations Associate

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,733 reviews

Great people to work with, nice managers but not responsive

The managers are very nice and I love my coworkers (easily the best part of working here). The work is easy enough but never-ending and very repetitive on the sales floor. The corporation itself doesn't trust the employees to make decisions so at a cash you will have to call managers to sign off on most decisions (exchanges, price checks, etc.) Unfortunately, the managers don't always take into account that a lot of the employees are still in school so younger employees can feel very over-whelmed with school/work balance. But I would say it is a good entry-level job and chill.

Pros

50% discount on most of the store, great people

Cons

Repetitive, don't take outside-of-work lives of employees

Very clean and well organized for a thrift store.

Typically perform cashier duties as well as general recovery and tidying on floor as well as accepting donations. I learned over the course of my employment a little bit about the partnership with non-profit organizations. Management could be better organized. Co-workers were for the most part friendly, co-operative and polite. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers who decide to take out the bad day they're having on the customer service operations employees. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was accepting donations and sharing information about non-profit partnerships.

Cons

Not enough hours, no full time operations positions except in special cases (biased).

fairly busy work place

work days vary each day, co-workers were sometimes very helpful

productive and hard work

a typical day of just organzing and putting away cloths making sure the store layout was always clean' learned how to keep organized and how to keep custoers well entertained' my coworkers were always good team players with great attitudes. the hardest part of the job was always dealing with the customers mess, but the most enjoyable was seeing them leave with smiles on there face from great customer service.

Pros

good hours, great values, manners, and cares for employees

Cons

short work period, constantly changing, indecisive

2.9Job security/advancement