Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews for Front End Manager

Found 35 reviews matching the search See all 1,925 reviews
Fast work environment
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM14 August 2019
Being supervisor there is great. Very fast pace environment. Got some really good team members and managers, some are not that great. Customers are mostly nice yet you do get those that can be real difficult to deal with. Sometimes you will get outside management that wants to do what they did at their last position held but this has been proven not to be effective here! Basic math required for cash handling. Good place to work and plenty of opportunities to promote form within!
Structured Environment
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV29 July 2019
They are not to successful in advancing team members. They prefer to hire out for management positions. This can be a stressful job most of the time. Not enough pay
Savers.
Front end supervisor (Current Employee) –  Willowick, OH19 July 2019
Savers is an excellent place to work for. They work with nonprofit organizations to achieve helping the community. They also have an amazing management team that cares about their employees.
Calm and fair place to work
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MA14 June 2019
Hours are consistent and also flexible. Very hands on training and management team is small. Possibility to move up. Everyone works as a team and is held accountable for tasks not completed so you're not stuck doing someone else's job too.
Pros
Consistent lunch
Cons
repetitive tedious tasks
Great place to make a difference
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MA1 June 2019
Cultural beliefs are wonderful you really feel like you are making a difference in the world by working here. Great team I felt very valued by the management and upper management as well most times. Yes it can be stressful but it is retail and that's generally a thing anywhere.
Pros
Help make the world a better place. Fun team to work with
Cons
Stressful at times, could be understaffed with call outs
Fast paced environment.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MO6 March 2019
First thing was opening the drawers and counting money in the safe. When all was verified as correct, I would do the daily deposit and change order. When financial obligations were met I would instruct the store be opened for business. I learned good customer service, how to deal with vendors. The hardest part of the job was watching the theft of product from customers. The best part was a lot of one on one with a lot of different people.
Pros
employee discount.
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA10 November 2018
The people I worked with were amazing. I loved every second of it. The discount was also pretty well. The customers were a little on the odd side. But all in all a wonderful place
Pros
All of the benefits
Cons
Customers
Awesome company and team
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ20 August 2018
I was unfortunately only able to work at Savers for less than 6 months but would have loved to have worked there for many years. The management and team were amazing, hours were usually the same every week, and pay was great for the location. I would recommend applying to Savers if you are interested in benefiting your community and working with an awesome team.
great
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UT27 June 2018
it is a great place to work never had any issues great people and job I loved my entire time there my bosses were great to me and the entire time I was there I never saw them miss treat me or any other employee
Pros
everything
Savers
Head Cashier/Key Holder/Front end manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ25 June 2018
Typical retail job. Cashiering, money handling, etc.
New associates spend a lot of time learning how to color code and and clean up the store. Running racks of clothing all day is typical no matter what level you are. Nothing special here.
Pros
Benefits when you move up, discounts offered
Cons
The job itself, management
Stable Job, but corporate office is too far removed from the store front
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington State16 May 2018
The day to day duties of the job aren't too hard, however after being at several stores I have noticed a pattern of the wrong people being promoted into management because they look good on paper. Also, the corporate office is very disconnected from the actual operations inside of the stores and doesn't make policies based on making a healthy productive work environment, instead focusing on making numbers and metrics as good as possible with little consideration to what it does to the people carrying out their wishes.
Great place to work and shop.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tigard, OR26 January 2018
Job advancement is high. Started as a truck unload-er making $9.50 per/hr and went through many different areas of work and advancement ended as a Production Mgr in 8 Yrs making $48,000.00 annually. Value Village has a diverse culture. It was like a second family where everyone cared about one another. It is very fast paced
and you must be able to lift 25 to 50 lbs on a regular basis. You must be able to stand for extended periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers .
Love my team
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA7 December 2017
Awesome people to work with!!!! GREAT team and management. Advancement is up to the individual as this is a company that cares about growth and development, you get out what you put in.
Take advantage of people
Frontend Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX29 September 2017
Poor management, unfair pay and if you work at the Burnet road location I would recommend not to do so. Without mention a name there is a manager who specifically will let you quit by treating you like a slave and she can keep the hours to her. It's a mess as a work level and extremely bad on sale days.
Higher up management oblivious. Main goal of company couragous.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO10 July 2017
Your ability to maintain employment completely revolves around which member of management likes you and which doesn't. Their favorites do exist and all team members know who they are due to lack of policy enforcement for those employees. Some can completely break policy and after short separations return to work as if nothing happened. Promises of advancement to all as we watch the most undeserving and unmotivated ones move up instead. While the intentions for community are heard, not really observed as much as they could be. Stood and watched as they threw away brand new items still in packaging that could have been donated to any school all because they were $1 and not worth pricing for the shelf. Unbelievably wasteful when they call themseves recyclable.
Pros
Loved my team I worked with
Cons
Poor management
Insanity on sales days
Store Manager Trainee/Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM22 June 2017
The Store Manager who trained me was amazing. The store I got placed in, not so much. A lot of problems with external theft, and employees talking trash about eachother. Internally, it was like high school all over again. The company itself, does great things for the community and I still believe in what they are trying to achieve. But at store level, its another story. The police were at our store nightly (literally) for all the theft and drug use in our parking lot. I requested security on many occasions, but was told that it wasn't in the budget. But apparently, the staffs safety wasn't paramount.
Pros
Helping the community, less fortunate and homeless
Cons
internal management at store level needs to be addressed
Not enough people to do the job
FRONT END SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WA20 June 2017
Some customers are nice but most don't treat it like a regular store. Leaving clothes in the fitting rooms turned inside out, throwing shoes on the floor, opening packages, filling carts full and only purchasing a few items. Employees are usually nice but overworked because other employees won't show up consistently to work. Sale days are crazy but employees get a discount everyday. Company itself is organized in how they process the donated items and they do a lot to recycle.
Unsafe, understaffed, and stressful
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM23 May 2017
Shortage of supervisors, as well as cashiers. Lousy are with lots of sketchy customers and bad security. Only work here if you really need a job. Methods of training bee hires is nothing short of throwing them directly in the fire
good company to work for
Front End Supervisor/ MIT (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OR6 March 2017
Good company to work for enjoyable work atmosphere. Good training program. Advancement possible and encouraged. Associate input is encouraged. Transfers possible.
Pros
enjoyable work atmossphere
Cons
stress to get donations
friendly atmosphere fast paced
front end manager (Former Employee) –  phx az28 February 2017
Good company to work for. Very fast paced. Does a great deal to help the environment and works with a number of charities. Pay is average for a retail job.
Pros
affordable health care
Cons
not a flexable schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers/Value Village. Our community is ready to answer.