Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 45 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,734 reviews

Good high school part time gig - full timers stay away.

Working at Value Village ain’t bad at all if you’re up front and you have a good working relationship between yourself and supervisors who are there to help whenever needed. CDC is a nightmare that continues to get worse. The CDC work is undervalued, underpaid, and the supervisors and store managers that are active in the back of the store prance around and nitpick at things as you’re trying to do your job. The work is difficult, and frankily, for minimum wage pay - its not worth it at all. If you’re at the front things are hunky dory but if you’re thinking about applying, make sure the square meters between you and the cdc department are in the hundreds.

Pros

Front end management is excellent, Front end work not difficult and the team members are quite nice.

Cons

CDC is a hellish nightmare

few

funny team work environment and enjoyable place you ever experience everyone is welcoming and acceptable place a place you can call your second home to work

I enjoyed working with people

I really enjoyed working with people with different backgrounds, I helped customers, also I worked with great team. I learned a lot at Value Village Store.

Fun workplace

It's like any part-time job a beginner can have,it's a bit difficult at the start but once you get a hang of it it can be good. The most hardest part of the job is the people you meet everyday. i am a salesperson and you meet a lot of people with different culture and personality, so you really have to be careful how to deal with them, i find this hard but i also find i most enjoyable.

Was fun to work at.

the team members were a fun bunch to work with. Everyone treats you well, very friendly. I enjoyed my time there, and enjoyed helping people find what they were looking for.

Fun place to work and the discounts are awesome!!

The best part of working at Savers/Value Village is the discounts, your co-workers and the people that come in almost all the time who you get to know on a first name basis. You are making a huge difference in the community and environment.

Pros

Free lunches on sales days!!

Cons

Can be long hrs and days.

Productive and Fun environment

Meet all kinds of people, from diverse backgrounds. Learned new ways to manage time and increase productivity. Most co-workers were good to work with, except some of the new hires that were new to the country. The hardest part of working there was the language barriers put up by some of the new immigrants, which tended to cause conflict with the rest of the crew. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people(customers and co-workers alike), and HALLOWEEN season! It is like having full access to Mr. Dressups Tickle Trunk! Not to mention the great treasures to be found!

Pros

Group activities: Monthly potluck or free lunches, and games to keep co-workers involved with the team.

Cons

Repeatative work at times. Dust and poor ventilation.

Fast-paced, diverse tasks.

Typical day at work: Depended on what department I was working in. Could range from maintaining floor cleanliness, covering supervisor breaks and customer service to processing donated materials and recycling/discarding those that could not be sold in the store. As a more senior member, I was given the opportunity to work in most departments. Management was of varying skill levels. Overall, they were usually efficient enough to maintain store order, but wouldn't necessarily ask for the same work out of everyone. The store manager was blunt, but efficient. Never had any issues with him. During my last six months at the store, there were a shortage of supervisors, so on weekends, I would end up helping them out given I was their most senior cashier on those days. Co-workers were nice overall. Hardest part of the job were days when short-staffing would occur, and higher expectations were placed on more senior members such as I to pull more than our own weight while others did little. Most enjoyable part of the job was pricing donated goods myself and so being able to immediately notice my impact on store income, and minor opportunities to run the floor or to help run it.

Pros

Diverse tasks, built a great work ethic.

Cons

Differing treatment of employees, short-staffing, very high staff turnover

Ordinary place to work for but for a good cause

Customer service experience indeed at value village was nice I made friends there all over company cause is nice as they help Canadian diabetes association . It was a nice short experience but too much physical work which can make your body tired.

Pros

Free food on sale day

Cons

schedule is not flexible

hard work and underpaid

its hard work your underpaid and no one cares about you. i hated working for the company. i loved the work but always hearing your not meeting the goals all the time and if your group keeps it up you will be fired was not fun. if you missed the goal by 1 or 500 you got told that weekly. I was the only one on my side meeting my goal as i printed my own tags and could see what i was doing every day. I still got this speech.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Value Village?

Love working with the public

the greatest source of satisfaction for me is helping people with requests and improving their day by getting them to laugh or at least smile as a result of dealing with me. I had people who wait in line to come through my till rather than go through another one quicker.

Pros

Contact with publis and service to public

Cons

Chaos at the fitting rooms - not enough standards.

Very satisfying to see how much of the proceeds went to the non-profit charity.

There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, and co-workers were very helpful in training. Due to my performance, was promoted twice in the short time I was there.

price chopper

i liked this job because it taught me all my vegetables and fruits at a young age of 15 16 years old and how to trim or cut or store them i also learned a good amount of my costumer service skills from working here because people all like there food a certain way always have to keep people satisfied with the food they are eating

Diverse environment

I enjoy working at Value Village and there is opportunity for advancement. The staff make you feel like your part of a team at Value Village.

Pros

free lunches for reaching goals

Cons

staff calling in and not being responsible for shifts

Fun and friendly place to work

Very friendly and happy environment to work at.... i enjoyed going to work everyday and working with the associates that worked there it was like my second family... They are very welcoming and willing to help you to better your work experience and help you to succeed

its ok

- co-workers and management is ok - It can become very repetitive - During Halloween you may have to wear a costume (pro or con you decide) - no set schedule - your hours change with the season (low in winter - high in summer)

Pros

good for students

Cons

wonky hours

My job experience

Sorting and hanging up clothes. Helping customers, Work independently and as a team player. Self motivated . Enjoyed helping out customers.

Pros

Getting experience

Cons

No remuneration

Decent business and great deals for all types of people

Good place to work and shop, just at specific locations management can use a little work and that goes for employees also. I did learn a lot and very appreciative for the experience, just wasn't really for me

Fun Workplace

If you love finding random stuff like furnitures, house wares, clothing shoes and accessories. This is the right place for you. It's like treasure hunting and working at the same time. The hardest part of the job is being in a dusty environment and unstable weather workplace. In the winter, you have to really dress warm because they open the garage and the donations door wide open, you're exposed to the cold weather, the air-condition in the summer isn't that great, you feel all dusty and sticky by the end of the shift. Always keep an eye for bed bugs too, you encounter anything in this workplace. The company is great, with exeptional purpose and give good benefits. Their system towards operation and production is incredibly organize and systemize, the CORE values is great, but the managers made it look so bad and un consistent.

Pros

Great Company

Cons

Managers don't reflect this

A Solid Part-Time Job

As a donation ambassador at Savers I greet donors, tell them a bit about us (how their donation is helping our non-profit partners), help unload and receive their donations. I process the donations into our receiving area to be brought to our production team. Additionally I help load and unload trailers of donations (hard and soft goods). As a donation center ambassador you are also responsible to price and organize the furniture, and the furniture section of the store. Through my experience here at Value Village; I have learned how to: operate a forklift; according to safety standards and efficiently, a bailer. I have learned much in regard to the value of furniture pieces and other miscellaneous things. The environment at my job can sometimes be pretty negative in regard to other employees, but with the co-workers in my section we work together fairly well and we have a good relationship with each other. My management has also been very understanding and willing to work with me in regard to the full schedule I used to have. Along with always treating me with respect and professionally. The position can be very difficult to bear during the summer months where the volume of donations and items to process is multiple times over more voluminous. The best part of the job, I would say, is the time you get to spend together with your other team members in our area, many hilarious conversations and moments have taken place that I will never forget.

It was an alright job

Everyday I would be helping take in donations and bringing them to the back of the store I didnt learn much, just how to stack donations the value village way. Management was horrible at value village. Not a whole lot of communication. none of them got along with each other. I had very nice co-workers that would help me out lots when needed The hardest part was dealing with the managers The enjoyable part was making money and making friends at the job

2.9Job security/advancement