Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 88 reviews matching the search See all 1,922 reviews
Alright
Cashier/Customer Service/Stock (Former Employee) –  Newington, CT23 October 2019
It’s a thrift store so there’s a lot of items and a lot of messes that come with it.
It’s a team effort so it can be difficult work in that environment all the time.
What to do
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AK11 September 2019
They make you dress up for the season for Halloween. You have to wear plain colored clothes. You have to wear apron and name tag. You have to put back items customers don't want. clean the customers bathroom .You have a area or areas to clean. Help many customer in jewelry. cleaning the fitting rooms.
Great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nampa, ID5 September 2019
I worked there for a short time. It was quick paced and a lot of fun. The pay was reasonable and discounts you get for working there were great. Would recommend.
Value Village is a great place to work and is Avery good place to grow in customer service and easy what to learn diversity with nice intellectual peo
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WA19 July 2019
If your looking for a fun fast environment look know further Value Village has all that your looking for and just know they also offer 401k. I experienced a great deal of knowledge about Nonprofit organization. Also was able to help the community by help other with the knowledge to discover Recycling.
Great Employer
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR16 July 2019
Love working for this company. They are flexible with your schedule, and it is a positive work environment. I recommend Savers for anyone who needs flexible hours.
Easy job, pay could have been better
Crew Member/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, IL5 June 2019
Working there was easy, as the people there are very outgoing. Made a few friends there and still talk to them to this day. Old customers were terrible therefore our customer service was exceptional. Many would want discounts that they are not eligible for, but the managers always had your back.
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Customers are chill, yet there are few terrible ones
Good emplyees & manager invironment but stressful regarding to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX20 May 2019
They required to do many things at the store & as a cashier sometimes you don't have time to do it or finish it. There isn't any security at that store.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks only 30 min. of lunch.
Great place for a first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MA30 April 2019
Great place for a first job. I personally learned how to talk to people better. Management is good. Great people to work with. Everyone is very nice and when you need help whit something chances are someone else can help.
Productive yet employees are slow
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CA17 April 2019
Many did not want to do as told so I’d have to at times and jobs should not be that way. The fact that they would have a sell almost every week was outrageous and very tidious.
Pros
Friendly Manager
Cons
Lazy people, no theft prevention, a lot of customers would get away with yelling at employees
Very difficult to work in
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD2 April 2019
The store needs more improvement in all the aspects. The store is dirty you cant even go to the bathroom because it doesnt work. Its unsanitary and this comment also comes from the customers. Also not enough workers to clean up the store or check out it makes it stressing and difficult
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Unsanitary
Great enviorment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID25 March 2019
Working at savers during halloween is always an adventure. They work hard to make everyday fun for employees and the customers. I would definitely work for this company again if they raised their salary.
Pros
Set breaks
Cons
Salary
like working there cause of discount.
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN16 March 2019
Sales days were the hardesr...you better not call in sick....manager had a habit of being very disrespectful to their workers...I did don't ask me again!!!!!
Cons
Managertment being rude to their workers.
Joke job, management are idiots
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KS21 January 2019
Don’t recommend this company. The management doesn’t know how to manage. They don’t work well with the employees. The employees steal and management is dishonest
Work was fast when you have fun coworkers
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MD21 January 2019
My job here was ok..Typically work here was very busy especially on holidays.seems a lot but is very fast when you have coworkers that work hard,makes things not so bad.Had some customers that were a handful..but overall when you have coworkers that work as team,make everything better.I worked as a cashier.Had awsome supervisor (EMMA) she is a loving women and makes things fun.
Pros
Loved when it was hoildays, makes the day go pass by fast and got to see all my cashier coworkers work together as a team..
Cons
The store got shutdown.I will miss them all my cashiers
Love this place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC18 January 2019
Working with Value Village was amazing. My managers were very understanding. I absolutely adored the crew I worked with. They are a real family behind the scenes.
Pros
Clean, Good Pay, Amazing People
nice enviroment not worth the pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MN10 December 2018
I worked there for a short time and didn't feel there was much of a career in that type of job in my future. I look towards owning my own businesses and learning skills i can use to one day be very successful and love what I do.
Love it but somtimes not
CSR/Cashier/tagger/roller (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KS26 November 2018
I really love this job love the people I work w and the customers ..love. The fast pace always busy always something to do... The only dwn side is the pay ...they should pay more cuz I feel that I almost just working to make a car payment and that's not enough for me ...not to mention if ur a good worker u should get paid better ...atleast eventually...but other than that it's a great place to work
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Pay...and u cant buy anything till its bn on da floor for atleast 48 hrs., cant even pay full price for it, which i think is just stupid.
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nampa, ID1 November 2018
Savers is a very good place for a beginning or long term job. The company is flexible with their hours for the most part and it is a very inviting atmosphere to be in.
Pros
Paid breaks, good management
It’s good
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ11 October 2018
Was good but some what stressful, but a nice crew to work with but a little to much for me at this point I’d rather be with a less stressful company n
I didnt consider this a safe work envirnment.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Francis, WI1 October 2018
I chose not to rate this company very well because i didn't consider this a very safe work environment. The store had to be closed immediately due to a bed bug infestation inside the store. There was a sign on the door hand written by the manager stating there was an electrical outage and the store would be closed for the next couple days. Also a couple of the cashiers were bitten at there register and never returned to work after that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers/Value Village. Our community is ready to answer.