Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Consultant

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,773 reviews

Cashier , Fitting Rooms

This was my first job and i learned alot . It was that little push to get me out of my shell. I got to interact with a variety of people and build my customer service skills. The environment was okay i put up with and did more than i got paid for. i did not enjoy having oncalls because it did not give me any chance to have a life. The most enjoyable part at this job was having fun with my coworkers making customers laugh and finding cool pieces.

Great location, very clean and orderly

the job was very well handled. lots of organization, kind and fun people. I made many friends who I still talk to and the job itself was not difficult, it was always well explained and they made sure I knew what I was doing before leaving me alone to do it.

Seasonal

Working at Value Village as a seasonal costume consultant was ok. I had great co workers but did not like the environment as it was smelly and dusty. I got a good amount of hours but I do not think I would return for the Halloween season.

Pros

discount

Cons

smelly, dusty, disorganized

Lack Of Training

Management failed to provide adequate training and I found myself grasping at straws and struggling throughout my work experience. Far too much was expected of someone who received barely the basic training.

Pros

Friendly staff made work environment more relaxing

Cons

Lack of training

Good entry Level, Seasonal work

Friendly caring environment, focused on assisting the clients in a clean and friendly environment. I was able to learn skills pertaining to retail, staging, and displays. Management was understanding and fair, never showing favoritism, addressing each employee's needs respectively. I loved to interact with each customer, and assisting them in their unique needs. The most difficult aspect of the position was remembering the total layout of the premises as it changed throughout the season.

Pros

Flexible shifts, Willing to work around university Classes

Excellent workplace environment and plenty of work to do

A typical work day at Value Village involved organizing clothes racks and assisting customers with finding or assembling Halloween costumes. Supervisors at Value Village were very friendly, and very accommodating of my class schedule at the time. The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with the ever-changing layout of the Halloween department, however it also was very enjoyable since it there was something new almost every shift. The best part of the job was being able to dress in costume and assist customers with their costume ideas.

Pros

Excellent environment, always busy

Cons

Seasonal work

Fun and easygoing.

The location I worked at was slightly disorganized, but over-all a valuable experience.

Fun place to work

was fun and easy going. great people. it was fun to organize and dress up in halloween costumes. people reacted well to the help of the costume consultants.

Pros

free mug

Amazing coworkers and unique customers

A typical day at work consisted of helping numerous unique individuals find their perfect Halloween costume, either by selling them on one already complete costume, or helping them build their own with items found around the store. I also dealt with handling back stock (refilling shelves as items were sold) and GR's (garment returns).

Pros

very fun and creative, joyous to watch the excitement of costumers when they found the perfect item

Cons

sometimes the Halloween shop would be completely empty of customers, and we were not allowed to leave to shop, therefore it would get boring, and I felt unproductive.

Friendly co-workers

I loved working here because I was always around people and I got to work with my creative side and also got to keep everything organized which is what i work best in.

2.9Job security/advancement