Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Cashier in Stoney Creek, ON

2.9Pay & benefits

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

Great place to work if looking for full time hours

I worked at value village for 5 years. First I started off as a cashier then made my way into the production room where I did various positions. My favourite was being a pricer. Less dirty and physical. They offer great benefits for full timers, paid vacation even for part timers after a year, paid sick days and yearly raise (starting off at minimum wage). Oh, and the discount was awesome. Obviously there were problems with management and the job can be very physically demanding, fast paced and stressful but I worked Monday-Friday and it made up for some of it!

Don't work here

the location i worked at is a mess and as far as I know, its still a mess. The managers would use bullying tactics as a way of getting the employees to push club cards on customers, and if you didn't get enough people to sign up, they would threaten you with a write up and potential termination. They hired whomever would basically show up to the interview and 9 times out of 10 those people would either quit very shortly after or it would be someone who doesn't do anything at the place but would somehow never get fired for being lazy or not completing work tasks. Often times when you're on call (especially in afternoons or planned sales events) you'd be called in and a lot of the time you were un-needed to work but you'd probably be there for the rest of the shift and they'd send someone else home. Or if you're on call sometimes they'd tell you not to worry about coming in but if there isn't someone else that can come in if there are any issues they'll call you last minute (when you ironically make plans) and beg you to come in.

Great Environment.

I definitely enjoyed working at Value Village very much. I got along well with both coworkers and management. I actually miss working there because I loved being a team member and I always had a good time when I worked my shifts. A lot of the customers were very nice, as well.

Jobs at Value Village