Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Cashier/Stocker

Found 2 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

Fun and laid back place to work

My savers experience was delightful. I have made many friends, some that I am still friends with even now that I haven't been employed with Savers. The management was very well organized and most of the management were understanding when you needed to talk. However, it was hard work, the hours were long and the pay cheque's were not that rewarding for the amount of hard work done.

Pros

A lot of free lunches

Cons

Strict rules

By far my least favorite place to work

I cant describe a typical day because mine were never the same day to day. I received minimal training. They only trained me on the floor for 1 4 hour shift. No training at all on how to deal with customers. There was a major lack of communication supervisor to supervisor and supervisor to employee. Countless times i missed a break because i was not informed (front of house does not have set break times). I was unable to plan anything more than a few days in advance because our weekly schedules came out the day before the 'week' started. 90% of the time i only had 2 shifts a week (that's 2 4 hour shifts). They had a policy where an employee could not close the store and open it the next day, I had to do that on more than one occasion. In the fitting rooms it was expected to be clean and tidy. i agree with that, But there is only 1 employee and 50 customers waiting in line, and only 5 rooms. Customers are expecting fast service and don't enjoy being told that you have to clean 3 changing rooms before they can get in one. The managers were informed that I moved and public transport started at a certain time and i was scheduled to start before i could have gotten there. They say they care but they really don't. They say they will do everything they can to make it easier to work for them but they don't. I ended up getting sick after Christmas and missed 1 day more than the allowed 10 days sick. I was fired (Since I left I have been told that they had to hire 3 people to do the work that I was doing on my own.) Bottom line is.....Value Village does not care about its employees. -

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Value Village?

2.9Job security/advancement