Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 55 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

It's a good place to work as a first job. It can get stressful on their sale days or working in production. When I worked there they had no security to keep the front workers safe. There were a lot of times something would happen and we as people who worked there wanted security to feel safe at work. The only good thing about working at value village is your team members.

Pros

On sale days they give you free lunch

Cons

Lack of safety for the employees

Run as fast as you can away from Value Village!!!!!!!!!

If you want an environment full of toxic people who treat you like garbage this is the job for you! Why?...- Overworking staff- Drama like you're in middle school- made me clean toilets without any PPE even tho I asked several times.- manipulative management- They don't take employee concerns seriously- many times they either don't give you your break or delay it longer than they schedule you for- treat younger staff with disrespect

Pros

50% off used clothing

Cons

Everything else

Great team members horrible management

The manager doesn’t know how to schedule properly. There is a lot of favouritism at this company. So the manager will give weekends off to her favourite employees. She makes everyone stressed for no reason and if you make her unhappy she will punish you by giving you less hours or no hours at all. She is a disgrace to a great company.

Pros

Great team members

Cons

Great staff and engaging work environment

Team members were extremely collaborative and intent on delivering the best customer service. Management was friendly, sociable, and receptive to team member concerns/questions/comments. High-stress environment can make for difficult and exhausting work days, however. Overall, a wonderful job.

relaxed work environment

The management team is very supportive and friendly. Its fun to work with them as i learnt new techniques of customer handling according to Canadian culture.

Fun , great managers, Paid and unpaid breaks

I have been working there for 7 months and It was my last day today and i was happy from the foist day till today. There can be some challenge in situations like a nasty or rude customer but you need to be confident while working and be friendly at the same timing.

Pros

Free Food on sale days and other, coffee, 50%off on all items

Cons

Messy and busy floor :(

Do not f******g work here if you value your life

This place is LITERALLY an entrance to actual h*ll. The customers are all literally on drugs and evil. The management is brutal and the staff are an ever changing cycle of weirdos who don't have an ounce of work ethic in their bodies. I worked there for three years, endured countless negative interactions with both customers and other staff, bent over backwards for the company and received NOTHING in return. They treat you like a robot and would rather keep a customer than ensure your safety. I had an actual STALKER who followed me to school and restaurants and they refused to ban him. I was 16 and no one had my back. I finally walked out and gave them no notice because they don't give references anyway. I hate this company and everyone who shops there with a passion.

Fast Paced

It was very hectic sometimes, and sometimes the people were hard to deal with, but it was fun. We were treated well and the managers did try to accommodate for us.

Average

The company has misconceptions about donations and profits. The company is okay to work for but they expect way too much from employees when managers aren’t quick to help with problems.

good place to work

Great place for work. Team member and management are friendly.Good discount. I really like to work there. Mostly I like the idea of this company to save the earth.

very un-profecinal

this job was good for a bit but then as soon as no management took over they have taken everything from me including my pride they have yelled at me in front of customers they have emotionally hurt me by being prejudice they treated me like I was nothing they have dropped my hours back as I was supposed to be full time so in the end, it was great while it lasted but I wouldn't recommend anyone to not apply there wasting time and money its not liveable

gross

Is really gross working here, everyone treats you bad at the beginning you can’t even trust the security guy here because he was looking at me more rather than other people. They pay minimum to live with dust and rats.

Interesting place to work and worker have lots of benefits and discounts for shopping in store.

Very diverse days. I learnt to use a new type of cash machine. I learnt the pricing codes and regime. The work culture is strong and the senior manager is very good, however the problem is with some supervisors. Most enjoyable aspect is interacting with customers, getting paid on time in full, regular treats for the general staff and seeing certain items on sale at ridiculously reasonable prices. The hardest part is to deal with some misguided supervisors.

Productive and fun workplace

I am doing General Recovery of go back items, sometime fitting room clothes recovery and Cashier on Cash counters. It is overall a good experience working in this company.

Everybody acts as supervisor

The main problem in Vallue Village united Boulevard on Coquitlam is that no body want to do their job, every body want’s to stay as a cashier, the supervisors doesn't have control about to the employees, they don’t like to roll they expend their time doing nothing . They have preferences about some employees. This store is an a complete caos.

Pros

The main manager is nice

Cons

They select lacy people

Co-workers are awesome to work with

Slave yourself daily since no day shift workers do anything No customer service at all, you need to maintain the store with 2 other employees. What I’ve learn is to be a better person and choose my words before speaking at this place. The Retail Sales Manager and the Store Manager are just awful people. They disrespect you as a person and lie to your face. They are not accountable for their actions. They both do not like each other and talk about each other like teen girls. Very negative place to work at.

Pretty good

Depending on your location there might be a lot to deal with, but overall a pretty easy job. If you're looking for work that gives you a lot of hours this is the place, but they practically schedule you as a full time worker regardless of if you're part time or not.

Pros

A lot of hours

Cons

Over worked

Discount is good but Management can be better

They provide good discount as well as 2 weeks paid vacation and sick days. Management at the store can be better. Typical customer service job, same type of customers. Okay for students.

Good place to work for students

Worked with really good co-workers! Got really busy on sales day and weekends so it was a little stressful. Had a good management team that would always help out when dealing with difficult customers.

It was a fun place to work, and it helped me developed great skills

Working here really helped me to further develop my leadership and interpersonal skills. Management could have been better, but to my knowledge it has gotten better since I left! Overall, it was a very fun place to work and I would recommend it!

Stayed for Co-Workers/ Terrible Management

-Was part time but got full time hours with no benefits -Worked there for close to two years and got no promotions -Management was difficult to talk to and breathed down your back -Cut your hours down to nothing (got 10 hours one week) -On Call shifts were waste of time, didn't need you 90% of the time -Co-Workers were a joy to work with and made work easier -Dusty environment can make you sick -Bugs and other things are crawling (got bit once)

2.9Job security/advancement