Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 193 reviews matching the search See all 1,925 reviews
Value village
Primary Cashier (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GA3 November 2019
It was a fairly easy job I started off as a regular cashier then I was moved to primary cashier pretty quickly I was always moving around never in one place
Awesome!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ2 November 2019
Best place for a starting job! I really enjoyed working with everyone there. Overall very friendly work environment! Thank you! They have the best managers and they are very flexible with schedules
Loved It Until
REMEMBER THIS IS A VERY SPEEDY ENVIRONMENT & WILL ALWAYS KEEP YOU BUSY! I loved this company at first. It was very friendly and family oriented however the company changed overtime due to Management. At first it didn’t feel like a job at all , I loved what I did and was very proud of it but it suddenly all changed. Once a new Management person took over the environment felt different. I wasn’t being acknowledge for going above and beyond, I felt personally targeted. More problems than its ever been resolved. This person was strictly about business. which is understandable, but if something comes up that’s out of your control because your child is sick can they relate? would it be acceptable or lead to a write up? I informed the supervisor also management I wanted time off for vacation next month I informed them about the dates ahead of time, but they had to approve and never did, why? I’ve no clue. Eventually I left, however when I told management I wanted to put in my two week noticed they said it was unnecessary and I can leave now or stay for the day? What job do you know do that? I’m not sure if it’s still ran by the same person but it’ll never be the same!
Good experience with nice team members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE25 October 2019
Fun atmosphere and great employees. Available over time and relaxing dress code. Fun employee activities for holidays and good discounts and deals on the merchandise.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MA16 October 2019
Learn more customer service skills
Everyone was always good to everyone
Management was very outgoing and respected by many. I will recommend this job to anyone
My review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MD26 September 2019
I liked unique but I believe it’s time I look else where for a new experience , I know that nothing is impossible and I’m a man of work so I like to get things done
Pros
good people, good days, slow days
Cons
Ignorant people, bad days, discount days
Good working environment but they have very low payments and few benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  3857 Lawrenceville Hwy19 September 2019
Getting to know your fellow team members is interesting and they have different talents to showcase and contribute.
The 50% employee discount was amazing.
Minimum wage, work hours liable to frequent cuts
Low-pay and no extended health benefits for part timers
Horrible management and Disorganized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WA18 September 2019
Boy is this gonna be a very bad review.

First week I was in the break room, management made fun of me through the meeting room. (Walls are thin)
~ I worked for target before for seasonal. And I still had Red shirts and khakis. Being poor I wore it to work, and told them why.

Next few days they had changed my schedule without telling me.
~ Again, I went with it. Im a very relaxed person.

THEN through the walls, (Again) Said that I was lying about saying something to someone (I can't give personal info)
Like, that is such a good thing to hear. That they think you are a liar. (I ONLY WORKED 2 WEEKS.)

This is where I quite.
A employee told my roommate WHILE she was buying something that I was horrible for not working a day I WAS NOT SCHEDULED FOR. And yes, They used my name.
(I was going to the doctors that day. )

OVERALL: This place, and its management is horrible. Supervisors change your schedule, but don't tell the manager they have, so the manager will double book you. make you feel bad, and still ask you to work the day.
The bathrooms are not ever cleaned as well.

Ive never worked at a place so bad to give out a written review so someone does not end up working here. NEVER.
Pros
You get paid?
Cons
Bad management, Horrible work ethic
Productive and lively
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WA16 September 2019
I was a cashier at value village, while there I greeted all the customers, worked my own register, and worked in what we called showcase. I restocked merchandise, and assisted customers in any way possible. Kept a clean work space and a clean store.
Value village is stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GA7 September 2019
A typical day in value Village was Stressful in the depressing They barely trained you they just put you on the floor and Cashier and tell you to just work their computer system is messed up so when you are a cashier you always come up short or over Nd the Managers are helpless
Pros
The job is easy
Cons
Don’t pay enough
Great for part time workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RI14 August 2019
I worked here part time and absolutely loved it. The pay isn't great, but the atmosphere is lovely. I was excited to go to work and often picked up shifts. If you're looking for an inviting environment it's definitely here.
Overall a great place to work
Designated cashier (Current Employee) –  Webster, NY4 August 2019
A typical work day for me is opening the front end of the store making sure everyone will have what they need for the day. I also help the management team with any projects they need to get done for the day such as, taking down displays and putting up new ones. I am often left in charge of the front end when the higher ups have other tasks to do.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  sahara and decature21 June 2019
it was fun, staff was friendly , lots of cleaning also have to make many announcements on the intercom about the deals and specials every 10 min other than that its ok.
Pros
discounts
Low pay, not a fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC15 June 2019
They should pay their employees more. They are constantly looking for new employees. No potential growth there and the pay is way too low. Its probably good job for a highscool student.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Low pay, no flexible schedule, no benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA22 May 2019
Value Village is a good place to work for part time .Its a cool laid back job if everyone work together and gets the job done . I learned how to do most of every job they have there
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good team work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MA15 May 2019
The job is good, but need something I would love to do for the rest of my life. The job wasn't enough I worked to hard and did a lot of good work. I just need some thing better.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not a lot of people to work shift
Loads of immaturity.
Designated Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WA7 May 2019
It just feels like you're working in a high school. There was too much drama, and the co-workers don't know how to deal with issues outside of work, and usually bring them into the job. The worst of all was the ale days, working extra and not getting much pay to show for it. The managers were pretty cool, and I really have no complaints about them. The most difficult part of the job was pretty much having to do all the work by yourself if no one was willing to help. Usually coworkers like to hang around the front of the store and not bother helping unless you singled them out, and then there was bad blood and drama, All in all, not a real great place to work.
Pros
management, advancement
Cons
coworkers, no OT allowed, large work load, benefits
Stressful, no communication
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NH7 April 2019
My typical day at Savers is pretty stressful and there is no communication between employees and managers. The managers are always stressed out and take it out on the employees. I did learn the power of reuse and recycling through Savers and I recycle more than I used to do. The hardest part of my job is when we are already understaffed for the night and someone calls out sick, that means that me and the other employees on for the night have to work twice as hard and pick up the other persons slack. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my friends and the discounts.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, little benefits, no communication
good place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM30 March 2019
Really a fun place to work. very fast pace good for people who like to be o there feet and like to stay busy. The customer and associate relationship is very good.
Savers Thrift Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI27 March 2019
This was my favorite job I ever worked at! Not just because of the donated items but the customers that became regulars to me and then friends! I loved looking at all the used donated stuff that came in because you never knew where it came from or the back story behind certain items! It was just a fun place to work and the other employees are the reason I stayed for 2 years!
Pros
Free lunch and discounts!
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers/Value Village. Our community is ready to answer.