Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Attendant

overall good place to work, in my opinion the pay is low for how much physical labour and exertion is required. However I would most. definitely recommend value village for somebody looking to get. into the work force or find a great group of co workers
Pros
supervisors and managment is verythoughtful and understanding
Cons
physically demanding and difficult for the pay
Dealt with a bit of drama, since i was only there 2 days a week I didn't expect to be dealing with that, overall a pretty lax place, I recommend it if you have no better options.
Pros
50% off store products after 2 days, though I never used it, super flexible with work hours
Cons
Drama, a bit too relaxed
Too much stress to deal with to be worth doing it. Super lack of help/appreciation from management. Lots of favoritism between people and makes you feel shunned. And the bullying that happens is uuunnnrrreeaaallll.
Pros
none really
Cons
everything!!
Value Village is a positive fast-paced workplace with good team members and work culture. The working hours are very convenient for me and the benefits that I get as an employee are appreciable.
A fast paced working place, you get to work steady for work done but sometimes there’s not enough time depending the section of the store your in but good productivity all in all a great place to work. The store felt none judgmental and easy to fit in.
Pros
hours, togetherness, steady, engaging, busy
Cons
Seeing bad work and stuff thrown out so much.
24/7 customer care Offloaded trucks, toke donations. Tuesdays were the busiest day due to promotion. Got along with management well Left company on good terms
A typical day as a Donation Attendant would consist of trying to stay busy, as well as keep management off your back. Working as a donation attendant is typically slow and boring, especially during the winter months. Your are consistently watching the clock because you have nothing else to do. management will be on your back about everything you do, so be prepared to answer for it even if you are an experienced employee. Since management is always watching you they are also making sure you're never standing around and will have you doing a pointless & boring task's around the clock so you are not 'wasting' time. The shifts are only 8 hours although they feel like 14 because the day goes by so slow. You are required to work pretty much every weekend because of how busy it gets. There are also on-call shifts so even when you do get a weekend off, you're required to call in a certain time and they will tell you if you are needed that day. You will be working mainly afternoons (1 to 9:30+) as a Donation Attendant, which pretty much stops you from having a life outside of work. The only enjoyable thing about the job is unloading charity trucks because it makes time go faster, and feels rewarding when finished.
Cons
On-calls, slow Shifts, poor management
Often over worked many staff members to save money, instead of scheduling more members to work. Many of my coworkers were unhappy coming to work every day, as was I.
This was my first job. I cannot complain about anything. The training was quick yet effective so i quickly got to work confident that i knew what i was doing. Management was well organized and they always ensured to meet my needs as much as they could. Overall, great first job.
The work is hard, but it is with good people. The floor is constantly being rearranged, and all structures are built on-site. It can be very physical no matter what department you are working in, but it is rewarding to see a job done well. At times communication is lacking, but typically complaints are heard and addressed. My favourite part of the job is seeing all of the nifty, unique items and sharing my love of thrift with customers and co-workers.
Disorganized, clothing and other items were always lying on the floor making it messy and hard to walk around without stepping on something. Also some staff was friendly some wasn't. Sometimes i didnt get a break or a lunch until right before my shift ends
it gives opportunity to the young ones and it a good start for an employment experience. it help not only the community but also its charity partners in achieving specific goals.
Value village is a fun place to work if you are in CDA donation center but that's because you are the most left alone to do you're job and are not being micro managed and being told 100 different things.
Whenever i visited the Value Village at Bristol always found the staff very cooperative, smiling & helpful. Very good atmosphere. Everything you needed was in place, easy to find. It would be a fun work place for me. The lady Manager very elagant & polite
this company is not a company that i would recomend any one too this company has no staff apprishation as well as there prices and discount suck. this company has no intentions of making you happy for what you do.
My job would involve accepting donations to the thrift store from customers. At Value Village I learned valuable team working skills. How to communicate with other employees to help get the job done.
The work is very slow at times but I will always usually find something to work on.
Receiving onsite donations,maintaining organization and cleanliness of sales floor. Providing customer service, specifically in furniture department.