Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews for Associate

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 3,738 reviews

An enjoyable

-Would start the morning by maintaining shelves from the previous days customer shopping, removing old items, cleaning up clutter and messy areas, by pulling off items if there were too many. -Then I would bring out any merchandise out to the floor if it had not been finished the previous day. -Then for the remainder of the the shift (6hrs) would cycle between sorting through donation carts often weighing between 750-1000lbs, and would test electronics, clean dirty items, tag items that couldn't have stickers, and keep bringing out new priced merchandise when there was enough to go out, All well providing quality customer service and assisting customers when on the sales floor. -I enjoyed the management, and especially the co-workers, I had good standing relationships with the majority of co-workers and worked excellent with my 2 teammates in my department (Housewares Productions) -The hardest part of the position was balancing the many tasks that needed to be done, and estimating the time needed and carrying it out, all while preparing for unexpected situations, such as helping a large volume of customers, making sure i get everything rolled to the sales floor, and get back to the housewares production table. I also did many extra things, I would sometimes be put in the back of the trailer to build donation carts if one of the "recyclers" showed up. I also often worked voluntary and mandatory weekends and overtime. -There was a period of 2 months where I was doing two positions, we had lost an employee in housewares and I had to cover his job as a sorter, as -

Pros

Free Coffee, had pizza and donuts for staff from donations sometimes.

Cons

Management was changed significantly in my last 3 months there, and while I enjoyed my co-workers and the position, I didn't like how things progressed and the atmosphere.

Jobs at Value Village