Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Found 51 reviews matching the search See all 3,014 reviews
Poor Management and even Worse Customers
Operations (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2019
Working for Savers/Value Village has been a huge learning experience. Some retail jobs are just harder than others, and while not physically demanding, working the front is mentally and emotionally draining. Customers are usually rude and uncooperative and the management can never agree. Overall, bad work experience.
It's okay for a starting job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 October 2019
They'll move you around to different duties around the store and expect you to somehow do 5 different things at once. Most of the customers will treat you poorly since it's a thrift store. The main thing is the hours are pretty flexible.

Good job if you're just getting out of school and need income.
A great team to work with
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 October 2019
What I love most about working here is that everyone is so friendly and there absolutely no drama or animosity between anyone! The work itself is rarely stressful and it's overall a great place to work!
Soild hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 July 2019
The supervisers are fantasic and take your personal needs in to consideration. The company however is not a good company to work for, do not work for savers or value village. They rip of there customers and employees, we make barly any money for all the work we do.
Pros
Cons
everything
Very very team based work space
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2019
Great place to work, very cheerful and driven staff. Always new things going on in the front and especially the back room while working with Savers...
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
long days
fun work place
Production Worker/Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 April 2019
I love to work here because the team member are nice and friendly and management are good also. working here is also challenging especially when you find something nice product and unique items
Pros
free coffee
Cons
cutting hours depends on the business
10/10 Job Environment!
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2019
Every day I look forward to going to work! This has been one of the only jobs where I have been exceedingly excited to see the staff and customers at Value Village. The managers at the Pembina location are extremely polite, and handle every situation with maturity and professionalism. The staff is fun to work with, and makes sure customers feel welcomed at all times! The company is very understanding when days have to booked off, or when a shift is cancelled last minute. An overall great environment!
Pros
Understanding staff and management
Cons
Few rude customers (very rare)
An alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 November 2018
I was simply working here because I needed a job, I didn't enjoy the work that I did very much and the hours were not very good either. It didn't seem like I was going anywhere.
Pros
More breaks than other workplaces
Cons
Bad hours
Encouraged teamwork and was such a welcoming atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 July 2018
Everyone was so nice and welcoming. The leaders of this company were very patient towards me. My coworkers were very friendly. This job gave me the opportunity to grow in various aspects: such as in confidence and experience.
Management and staff are wonderful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2018
Job requires all day standing, bending and occasional lifting heavy boxes or bags. Attending fitting rooms, floor "clean up" and cashier duties are all part of the job. Management and staff are really friendly. Hours are flexible.
Fast paced
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 April 2018
This company is a fun place to work most of the time but you will \definitely feel overwrought during the 50 percent sales and at Halloween. These are the busiest times of the year. The cleaning up of the store after closing is horrendous.
Other than that, I mostly enjoyed my time there both as a team member and as a supervisor.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
long hours need more money
At the time, management was terrible.
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 December 2017
The job itself was fine, the goals at times were a little over the top. The management I had while I was there took a major nose dive after our Store Manager (who opened the new location with us) left.

I just hope that manager is no longer there, and the store is doing better.
Easy-going environment with friendly co-workers
Evening Recycler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2017
Management is friendly, customers are typically very laid back. Can get busy on sales days & holidays. Work can get tedious but there's not a lot of down time. I learned how to bale clothes, compact garbage, and roll out new clothes.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Can get busy, tedious work
Work related issues
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2017
Really no sense going to HR about anything. Their open door policy is literally abysmal. Easier to mind your business and not say anything, you'll be fine.
as a student this is a perfect job for you.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2017
working here was great while going to school. but after graduation there was not a lot of advancement opportunities. my co workers were amazing but management needs some help.
convenient working hours and good benefits
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 July 2017
I have been with Savers for more than 8 years now. I can say that we have good benefits, I don't have problems with my co workers and I have gained enough skills and experience that contributes to my knowledge in order to be a productive worker.Most of all, my work schedule is convenient for me.

However, 4 years ago, there was a change in Management in our store and sad to say, most of the team members including me are not happy on how things are going on.
Pros
free lunches on sale days
Cons
Its very hard to set doctors appointments which is not fair-
productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2017
understood what it means to have a team, and that no matter what it takes the work must be done, to be sincere it increased my understanding king environment
I enjoyed working with people
Customer Service - Soft Good (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2017
I really enjoyed working with people with different backgrounds, I helped customers, also I worked with great team. I learned a lot at Value Village Store.
No Standard Operating Procedure
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2017
While working there, the warehouse production managers were so obtuse. The price that they want us to put were not worthy to on those donated items that we're going to sell.

So may hazardous spots like boxes behind you that could fall and objects on the floor.

(But it was before. I hope that they change)
Cons
very dirty environment
A great place to work
Evening Recycler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 January 2017
All team members get a long great, managers are stern but fair. The hours are long but time flies when things get busy. Typically customers are polite and easy to deal with.
The hardest part of the job was heavy lifting, but there's always someone around to help.
Pros
Easy going, lots of down time
Cons
Sale days are busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers/Value Village. Our community is ready to answer.