Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 2,165 reviews
Soild hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 July 2019
The supervisers are fantasic and take your personal needs in to consideration. The company however is not a good company to work for, do not work for savers or value village. They rip of there customers and employees, we make barly any money for all the work we do.
Pros
Cons
everything
fun work place
Production Worker/Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 April 2019
I love to work here because the team member are nice and friendly and management are good also. working here is also challenging especially when you find something nice product and unique items
Pros
free coffee
Cons
cutting hours depends on the business
An alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 November 2018
I was simply working here because I needed a job, I didn't enjoy the work that I did very much and the hours were not very good either. It didn't seem like I was going anywhere.
Pros
More breaks than other workplaces
Cons
Bad hours
Encouraged teamwork and was such a welcoming atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 July 2018
Everyone was so nice and welcoming. The leaders of this company were very patient towards me. My coworkers were very friendly. This job gave me the opportunity to grow in various aspects: such as in confidence and experience.
Management and staff are wonderful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2018
Job requires all day standing, bending and occasional lifting heavy boxes or bags. Attending fitting rooms, floor "clean up" and cashier duties are all part of the job. Management and staff are really friendly. Hours are flexible.
as a student this is a perfect job for you.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2017
working here was great while going to school. but after graduation there was not a lot of advancement opportunities. my co workers were amazing but management needs some help.
convenient working hours and good benefits
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 July 2017
I have been with Savers for more than 8 years now. I can say that we have good benefits, I don't have problems with my co workers and I have gained enough skills and experience that contributes to my knowledge in order to be a productive worker.Most of all, my work schedule is convenient for me.

However, 4 years ago, there was a change in Management in our store and sad to say, most of the team members including me are not happy on how things are going on.
Pros
free lunches on sale days
Cons
Its very hard to set doctors appointments which is not fair-
productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2017
understood what it means to have a team, and that no matter what it takes the work must be done, to be sincere it increased my understanding king environment
I enjoyed working with people
Customer Service - Soft Good (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2017
I really enjoyed working with people with different backgrounds, I helped customers, also I worked with great team. I learned a lot at Value Village Store.
No Standard Operating Procedure
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2017
While working there, the warehouse production managers were so obtuse. The price that they want us to put were not worthy to on those donated items that we're going to sell.

So may hazardous spots like boxes behind you that could fall and objects on the floor.

(But it was before. I hope that they change)
Cons
very dirty environment
A great place to work
Evening Recycler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 January 2017
All team members get a long great, managers are stern but fair. The hours are long but time flies when things get busy. Typically customers are polite and easy to deal with.
The hardest part of the job was heavy lifting, but there's always someone around to help.
Pros
Easy going, lots of down time
Cons
Sale days are busy
Always changing environment, and always learning
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2016
My days are very busy because we are dependant on donations and Non-profit partners to get product to the floor. It is a production environment where Team Members need to work efficiently by getting a specific quota out daily. We have a specific way of merchandising and managing the salesfloor in order to keep it shoppable for our customers. I manage 30 people daily and the most challenging part of that is to keep them motivated to achieve their daily/weekly quotas. We constantly are watching to ensure that TM's are following best practices and working at a steady pace. The best part of the job is how much we recycle as a company. Most of what we don't sell, gets recycled and sent to 3rd world countries for reuse. The company also has a very good work/life balance.
Fun people, always something to do.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2016
Flexible hours if you are part time. Hard you get more house if you are able to work more. Pay is not the greatest. Customers/coworkers are great to work with.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not great pay
my first job on warehouse
Production worker\various possitions (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 October 2016
Value village was a simple but demanding job, since i was one of the only recyclers on the floor they had me going around doing almost everything that needed to be done, i sometimes felt overloaded, not because of not being able to handle high pressure but because there was 3 supervisors telling me what to do at all times and all had different requests and needed to be done "immediately''. Of course i got experience in many things likedriving the big joe and to be organized and careful as well as handling high work loads, what i liked the most was the diversity of objects and merchandise u could see sometimes, some really interesting and fun things
Great production team work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg20 October 2016
Starting of the day I make agame plan to ensure that every dept is being taken care of with atm. Will have a meting with the production team for what is expected to be done for the day. Throughout the day will touch base which each tm by coaching on pricing, items put out and to answer any question each tm will have. Will look at reports and have a mgmt meeting with my 2 production supervisor.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
At the long hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 October 2016
Great place to work, nice and friendly stuff and management. Salary is too low. Not bad to start your career or part-time for students. I can recommend them.
Good company but little opportunity for advancement and limited payscale
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2016
Fast-paced
Requires autonomous decisions and autonomy for work during much of the day
Team work also required
My job requires I move about 7000+ pounds of merchandise per day. I am in control of the entire receiving department. My job is essential to good flow through of all production for the store's operation.
I enjoy the fast pace and the autonomy. The toughest part of the job can be poor communication from management about shipments coming in; happens rarely but can affect movement of merchandise.
In this position I have learned I am very organized and I am capable of extremely fast, heavy work.
This job has helped me become very fit and I have discovered a love for physical fitness.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No room for advancement; ltd pay
Different in every workplace
Processing/sorting (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 September 2016
I just got hired a few weeks ago, and I have nothing but good things to say about the store, my fellow co-workers, and managers. All I have to say is reviews can be very deceiving. Every workplace is different. I know there are a few Value Village stores in my city that look to have awful environments and staff but it's a chance you take when applying. You'll never know what it's like unless you try. You could miss out on a wonderful opportunity with savers because you read a bunch of negative reviews.
Pros
EXCELLENT benefits for full time
Cons
can be tedious work
I encountered different persons in my workplace, I learned many things that i considered as my experience.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Unicity 3629 Portage Avenue Winnipeg MB R3K 2G630 May 2016
I worked full time at my previous job, funny because lots of joke on break time, i learned how to price the product, sort, check the quality if it is salable or not, management sometimes good, sometimes not because there's a favoritism, co-workers some good some not it is usual in work place, the dusty part because of the dust i got an allergy.
Pros
we have a good relationship and sometimes we have a potluck
Cons
always in time at work
Very positive environment, real steady and great place to work!
"CDC Ambassador/Recycler/Sorter/Pricer" (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 April 2016
"Value Village/Savers" was an exciting and excellent daytime job to have. They kept us busy and I was trained in many departments as time went on. The staff and management were very polite, welcoming and appreciative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers/Value Village. Our community is ready to answer.