Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

It's a good place to work as a first job. It can get stressful on their sale days or working in production. When I worked there they had no security to keep the front workers safe. There were a lot of times something would happen and we as people who worked there wanted security to feel safe at work. The only good thing about working at value village is your team members.
Pros
On sale days they give you free lunch
Cons
Lack of safety for the employees
most people are very fun and good to work with. they can balance working and also having fun with their jobs or designated task. most employees works there for more than 5 yrs and more.
benefits
Value Village is a decent place to work with good coworkers and mangers that seem to genuinely care about your well being and work-life balance, however it is minimum wage with low hours due to over hiring.
It's a multicultural working environment. All staff very friendly and helpful. I always enjoy work and provide excellent customer service. Less stress working environment.
I've been working at Value Village for more than 2 years and I am very satisfied with the employees and the work environment there. I highly recommend this job for both full time and part time, They also help Diabetes Canada which is also a plus point.
its a fast faced environment that makes you do more that one actual job. I do baler machine operator , product sorter, donation receiver and clothes merchaniser as well
Working for Savers/Value Village has been a huge learning experience. Some retail jobs are just harder than others, and while not physically demanding, working the front is mentally and emotionally draining. Customers are usually rude and uncooperative and the management can never agree. Overall, bad work experience.
They'll move you around to different duties around the store and expect you to somehow do 5 different things at once. Most of the customers will treat you poorly since it's a thrift store. The main thing is the hours are pretty flexible. Good job if you're just getting out of school and need income.
What I love most about working here is that everyone is so friendly and there absolutely no drama or animosity between anyone! The work itself is rarely stressful and it's overall a great place to work!
The supervisers are fantasic and take your personal needs in to consideration. The company however is not a good company to work for, do not work for savers or value village. They rip of there customers and employees, we make barly any money for all the work we do.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great place to work, very cheerful and driven staff. Always new things going on in the front and especially the back room while working with Savers...
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
long days
I love to work here because the team member are nice and friendly and management are good also. working here is also challenging especially when you find something nice product and unique items
Pros
free coffee
Cons
cutting hours depends on the business
Every day I look forward to going to work! This has been one of the only jobs where I have been exceedingly excited to see the staff and customers at Value Village. The managers at the Pembina location are extremely polite, and handle every situation with maturity and professionalism. The staff is fun to work with, and makes sure customers feel welcomed at all times! The company is very understanding when days have to booked off, or when a shift is cancelled last minute. An overall great environment!
Pros
Understanding staff and management
Cons
Few rude customers (very rare)
I was simply working here because I needed a job, I didn't enjoy the work that I did very much and the hours were not very good either. It didn't seem like I was going anywhere.
Pros
More breaks than other workplaces
Cons
Bad hours
Everyone was so nice and welcoming. The leaders of this company were very patient towards me. My coworkers were very friendly. This job gave me the opportunity to grow in various aspects: such as in confidence and experience.
Job requires all day standing, bending and occasional lifting heavy boxes or bags. Attending fitting rooms, floor "clean up" and cashier duties are all part of the job. Management and staff are really friendly. Hours are flexible.
This company is a fun place to work most of the time but you will \definitely feel overwrought during the 50 percent sales and at Halloween. These are the busiest times of the year. The cleaning up of the store after closing is horrendous. Other than that, I mostly enjoyed my time there both as a team member and as a supervisor.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
long hours need more money
The job itself was fine, the goals at times were a little over the top. The management I had while I was there took a major nose dive after our Store Manager (who opened the new location with us) left. I just hope that manager is no longer there, and the store is doing better.
Management is friendly, customers are typically very laid back. Can get busy on sales days & holidays. Work can get tedious but there's not a lot of down time. I learned how to bale clothes, compact garbage, and roll out new clothes.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Can get busy, tedious work
Really no sense going to HR about anything. Their open door policy is literally abysmal. Easier to mind your business and not say anything, you'll be fine.
working here was great while going to school. but after graduation there was not a lot of advancement opportunities. my co workers were amazing but management needs some help.