Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Whitby, ON

Dealt with a bit of drama, since i was only there 2 days a week I didn't expect to be dealing with that, overall a pretty lax place, I recommend it if you have no better options.
Pros
50% off store products after 2 days, though I never used it, super flexible with work hours
Cons
Drama, a bit too relaxed
I was here for a few years. Lots and lots of favoritism throughout the entire store. If you work hard you get dumped on. I was spoken to unprofessionally by managers many times throughout my job at Value Village. Including when I quit. In fact I was laughed at. There are no boundaries. I do not recommend working here.
Pros
coworkers are lovely, employee discount
Cons
treated unfairly, behind-back talking, short hours
You can give them the world yet always pick their questionable favorites. With that in mind more or less, with the insane amount of favoritism if you are not in their main line of friendship you will get the worst shifts, treatment, and in-store rotation periods. Management is all insanely uneducated and untrained. DO NOT WORK HERE.
great discounts and a lot of interesting merchandise that we get to see and maybe purchase. Managers are great, always makes sure that staff is doing what is to be done.
Value Village was the first donation based workplace I had ever been employed by. I learned a great deal about the process from donation to sales floor. Many hard working employees behind the scenes.
They treat you like garbage. The hours suck and the people suck. Worst job I have had to date. Interview process sucked as well.
With few exceptions, the management at Value Village are an incompetent lot who bully and threaten their workers. The actual work in the production department is not for people who are squeamish but it is alright. Co-workers are pleasant enough to work with and will help you if you need it.
i liked this job because it taught me all my vegetables and fruits at a young age of 15 16 years old and how to trim or cut or store them i also learned a good amount of my costumer service skills from working here because people all like there food a certain way always have to keep people satisfied with the food they are eating
Good company to work for.Very physically demanding job.Good people to work with.Turn over rate is very high.Enjoyed the days only hours.
I had this as a temporary/summer job. It started off as part-time, Monday to Friday, and then i went to full-time when it was needed.I worked as production, which means i was in the back for half the day. In the back we sorted, tagged, priced and organized clothing, toys, electronics, housewares, books, and much more. It was a interesting job, there was always something different being dropped off everyday.My management team was great, they were always willing to be on the floor working with us and helping out when/where we needed it.The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the quota. We would sort through large carts and we had a minimum of what needed to be done. If you had a partner that you "clicked" with then it would be very easy. You would work together very well. Much like most work places you would sometimes be working beside someone you may not get along the best with. When this happened it was more difficult to meet quota and sometimes hard to coordinate yourself with the other person. In cases like this, we would just meet in the middle and try our best to get the work done.The most enjoyable part was that everyone was very happy and fun. When we got silly stuff donated, such as masks or costumes, someone would put it on and dance around. Our management team was okay with this but only for s few minutes, and then it was back to work.
A typical day working at value village was in the morning we would morning meets in the back area. We would be told our duties for the week then we were told to go clean the sales floor. After that we would come back into the production room and we were to sort threw all the new merchandise. We had a quota that had to be meet. When we were done we had to help price the new products.I learned how to work in a stressful environment and meet the expedations that were need to get done.The management that was at Value Village was very fair and good. If you did your work right they would tell you that you did a good job and if you weren't doing your work right then they would ask if there was something that they could help you with.Working with some of the co-workers was a lot of fun. There was different people I worked with. Some people were very serious about their job and only wanted to do work and go home. Others were more open to talk and have fun.The hardest part of my job would be sorting threw the merchandise. It was very hard on your body.The most enjoyable part of my work was working with all the people. I made some great friends there.
Pros
50% off all merchandise.
Cons
physically challenging on the body.
An extremely terrible place to work.It's far too dusty in the back to even breathe, if you have asthma FORGET IT! Management treat you like a slave and scare you into not writing an injury report if you get hurt.There's absolutely no job security
Pros
amazing co-workers
Cons
horrible management
Fired staff continuasly because the company was doing terrible, terrible values, very dirty work, blood all over the floor
Pros
free food
Cons
not a lot of hours