Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Waterloo, ON

This was probably my favorite job I've had just based on the coworkers I had. I also had a pretty odd availability and they were mostly forgiving due to the fact that they always had some form of coverage.
Managers were a little too focused on everyone and micro managed a lot of the time but that varied from managwr to manager, some of the newer managers were good to work with tho.
Had group meetings every morning with our coffees. Felt like working with a huge family. Always had a smile on my face and had fun working and interacting with customers.
If you can handle a fast paced, hourly targets, this is a great place to work. The work life balance is wonderful. I enjoyed mt time a Value Village immensely. I viewed it as a treasure hunt everyday and learned a lot about how to recognize quality items. Good benefits, base pay but yearly increases based on performance. One of my favourite jobs ever, but I worked at stores with amazing bosses and co-workers.
Pros
free lunches on sale days, great employee discount, fun people
Cons
mold, dust and other, bad co workers
The company provided a very friendly, positive environment. Although the work was very demanding, the interactions you had each shift often made up for it.
Pros
friendly
Cons
demanding
It was terrible i ended up with a strain injury that ended up evolving into tendinitis due to imp[roper rotation at work and management not doing the job they were suppposed to and now i have to pay out of my own pocket my physio in order to get it back to bnormal which is 6-8 weeks :-) thanks value village a joy
Pros
free pizza
Cons
hazardous to your health in many ways
not the greatest place to work, the workers like to slack as soon as front end supervisor is out of site, loves to play favorites, depending if you work in the back or front you may or may not get a goof manager