Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Vernon, BC

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,738 reviews

Managment alway tries to make your day a good day !

I was treated well and my manager went above and beyond to change my schedule to help out with my family life ! They also would buy lunch sometimes or bring in little treats.

work was very stressful,managment was horrible

If you value your sanity dont do it,i worked at the Vernon store for a long time the manager sucks the life right out of you.is so nice at first and then switches to being a tyrant..makes things up to write you up and makes you sign things you didnt do.just so they dont have to give you a raise .He bullies and harasses people all the time.Supervisors gossip all the time about team members.They favor some people and others they are so mean to.They say they have an open door policy for team members that need help thats a joke also value village management only looks out for managment ,not team members.This is my opinion of value village.ITS TOXIC work place..

Pros

monday to friday

Cons

Managment

Would have been great except for the drama

Was repeatedly pushed and shoved by customers.... this place will suck out your soul and leave you a shell of your former self. The manager , insulted many people personally in front of witnesses and then claimed a lack of understanding the English language. The work was fast paced, I liked that. The management claims to have anti harassment policies but they’re not enforced if it’s the favourites that are the harassers. Regular staff turnovers.Training was not given, raises even if you had an outstanding review were pennies..

great place to work

enjoyed my time at value village. was disappointed when they let me go due to missing another staff members cash drop in a secured and locked box during a closing shift

Too stressful

Always never sure of job security. It's all about the numbers nothing else. Management is always ruled by unjust and unfair regulations by their American counterparts. Making you sign documents without giving you a copy. Telling you that you cannot tell people what happens there. I think they should be crushed and sued.

Poor morale

The job itself overall isn’t terrible beyond bad customers and the fact there are just as many supervisors as there are team members, but the biggest issue I’ve faced is how terrible the scheduling is. Split weekends, and closings to opens back to back are normal and a work life balance is near impossible when the schedular decides to put you until 10pm every day for 3 weeks. Also, you’re expected to clean the public toilets with Inadequate supplies.

Pros

Occasional free lunch and great discount

Cons

You’re stretched far too thin

Multi tasking at its highest

Very fast paced place to work. Not a lot of appreciation for the work you do. I have heard management changed recently, so perhaps the negative environment has changed too, maybe give it a chance now.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Hard to get a day off if you are sick

An okay job, if you need one

A typical day at work was very high-stress physical labour, with very little time to work on any one project. We were required to rush and multi-task quite frequently I learned how to operate a forklift Management was disorderly and had little to no preparation in a few circumstances. The workplace culture was fast paced and high stress. It was very labour intensive and there were very few people doing the many jobs they were directed to. I really liked the people I worked with.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

The job itself

was fun

liked the company, they were flexible a, like working at the Vernon's value Village, gave me enough knowledge to move onto the next job. did not like the management team they communicated poorly with each other and members were always bickering at each other instead of being understanding and trying to be helpful

Horrible job

Company is great but local management is terrible. Verbally abusive. I developed an ulcer from working here. Worst job ive ever had. Do not work here if you value yourself at all.

Jobs at Value Village

in Vernon, BC
See more jobs

not a good place to work, the management needs to be removed and have a fresh start.

Horrible place to work, management is awful, and like robots not to upset of the boss.... the place reeks of mold and at times masks were worn. the pricing is ridiculous and the stuff thrown away is unreal. Brand new items thrown in the garbage as they are not allowed to sell them but instead should be offering to shelters etc. sickening the waste out of there. I will never donate there again, i prefer the churches

don't do it

it sucks! it had the highes turn over rate in all of vernon. when i was there, the management does not treat the staff well at all. the management doesn't know how to run the store and make the employees miserable. it's fast paced but the team members are great. i worked there for a year and never got treated with respect, and also was payed minimum wage that whole year, so they are never willing to give you a couple cent raise. for your own sanity, i suggest not to do it

Pros

cake days

Cons

everything

did not like working there

while i worked there the management was terrible and always blamed the employees for not having good sales, they also weren't nice to us sometimes over things.

Friendly and fun workplace

Friendly and fun workplace. Exciting work environment You meet a lot of people Favourite store for seniors Tuesday our challenging day

2.9Job security/advancement